Little Things You Hate

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sticks flicking up into my rear wheel and ripping out spokes from the only bike I have on the road.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Shit go Johnny.

LTIH: arm pump. Spent the afternoon sessioning a reasonably long, flatish (gently sloping down with some pinch climbs and tech chutes/rollers) trail at loftus trying to rebuild some pf the strength/fitness ol’ mate hifi kindly pointed out I was lacking

Fuuuuuck me the last run I could hardly hang on let alone pull the brakes. Fit ultra lords suspension settings are still a fair whack too stiff for this iteration! Pulling out some spacers and backing off the compression after I finish this post, defeated and tired haha.

Not quite there yet. Will try again in another month.

LTIL: volume spacers and external compression adjustments that work.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@hifiandmtb
@Cardy George

The ride was good, that wasn’t a LTIH at all, I was giving abit of context as to why my forearms and hands where screaming! Too much compression and too stiff an air spring, it felt amazing for the first run, nice and fast and predictable, then I fell to shit when I couldn’t hang on haha! Even my feet started aching from smacking into all them square edges.

The work does need to be put in though. Without that pain there is no improvement!
Embrace the suck......

Tbh I should’ve skipped my weights session this morning, you think I’d have learnt that lesson from me and hifi’s pedal around his local. Fuuuuuuuck my legs were cooked that day haha!
So good

Goats

Squid
When the first day over 30 degrees since winter is forecast and the media start screaming Heatwave and scorching conditions.
It’s called Summer people, get over it...

Freediver

I can go full Karen
When the first day over 30 degrees since winter is forecast and the media start screaming Heatwave and scorching conditions.
I guess if summer weather is arriving the papers should keep it a secret. Maybe the should say it's going to snow, just to trick everybody.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
except its not really Summer yet and the seasonal outlook looks like this:

• November to January days are very likely to be warmer than average for most of Australia. Nights are also likely to be warmer than average, except for areas surrounding the Great Australian Bight.
  • A drier and warmer than average three months would mean a low chance of recovery for drought-affected areas of eastern Australia.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Irresponsible pet "owners". I have about three different cats and a boofhead dog traipsing around my place at various times, and none of them are mine! It's a bit fucking wrong to be barked at by someone else's dog when coming home to your own house!
Cap gun.

Had a dog that would race out of the darkness as I rode home from work at 11pm, nearly taking out my front wheel every time.

Bought a 6 cap revolver from the party section. Three rounds and I never saw that mongrel again :D

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
One of the few times I have lived in suburbia there was a mongrel dog that would chase the kids, snap at thwir bicycles, jump at them etc. Mrs and I rode past one day and it had a go at her. Did some asking around and found it belonged to a guy who worked for one of our subbies who lived a few hundred metres away. Went and talked to him about the dog and what it did. He laughed it off and said it is just a big puppy, wouldn't hurt anyone. I disagreed but he wouldnt listen. A few weeks later the thing jumped at me from behind some bushes a couple of km from home. Then I saw a couple of kids on the side of the road, one was pretty smashed up with gravel rash and bruises and the dog had jumped on his bike and sent him into the middle of the road. Waited with the kids while parents arrived. Dog was quite aggressive and came over several times. Once the kids were sorted I dragged the dog home, told the owner what had happened. Owner did not give a shit. That afternoon the dog was out chasing bikes and cars again. So I rang the council. Old mate turned up at my place a week or so later threatening to knock my block off because the council inspector had watched the dog and seen it in action. Then the inspector went to the owner and advised that the dog was a menace that had to be confined to its yard and not allowed out unless on a leash. The owner was slapped with a fine (kid's parents had also complained). A week or so later the dog was out again. Council impounded the dog and more fines. I was fronted at work and threatened again. Dumb shit thought it was me causing all the trouble. Anyway dog disappeared. I suspected that he shot it but he claims that he had to take it to a mate's farm because locked up all day it started going for his kids too. Complete arsehole. Not the dogs fault.