Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
Mrs Cammas does daycare from our house so everyone here has to have one, during Covid mine was up for renewal so we put in for it.

“Due to the pandemic we are taking longer than usual to process requests, please be patient while we work through this trying time”

It ended up taking around 5 months for them to process it as we put it in early she could work for another two months after that she had to stop after my expiration date. Then the company she subcontracts for started acting funny asking questions on why my check was taking so long? So you can imagine how that went down, considering she had been working with them for a couple years prior to that and I had renewals previously with no issues. In the end it come through but after the way we were treated she is no longer working them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Can they do that ? Certainly not in SA. 100pts of ID required from the person themselves, Passport and DL in my case.
The last job I was asked to sign an authorisation for them to do so, they submitted everything on my behalf, it's just too much liability these days. Even if someone calls you a paedo on social media you have to step down from your job and notify upper management until you're cleared, if the claim is false and they lose a shit load of money they can sue the fuckwit for doing so.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The last job I was at asked me to sign authorisation for them to do so, they submitted everything on my behalf, it's just too much liability these days. Even if someone calls you a paedo on social media you have to step down from your job and notify upper management until you're cleared, if the claim is false and they lose a shit load of money they can sue the fuckwit for doing so.
You in QLD ? Must be different requirements, declaration, personal email with unique ID number, then passport number and DL number confirmation with DL serial required here.

While we would like any one who would fail such a check made public, its top level private stuff.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Can they do that ? Certainly not in SA. 100pts of ID required from the person themselves, Passport and DL in my case.
First application up here is like that, plus you need to be sponsored by a business or organisation. My first was done when I was helping coach special olympians. Renewals, even renewals after the card has been expired don't need id but still need a sponsor.

ozzybmx

First application up here is like that, plus you need to be sponsored by a business or organisation. My first was done when I was helping coach special olympians. Renewals, even renewals after the card has been expired don't need id but still need a sponsor.
Here, if you are volunteering its free. No need for sponsorship but I did have to put a reason why I required it.

Its illegal to use a volunteer cert for employment and if you require one for paid work, its around $100.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Interesting. I don't think you can get one here as a volunteer unless you name the organisation and have them countersign though I could be, usually, wrong.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You in QLD ? Must be different requirements, declaration, personal email with unique ID number, then passport number and DL number confirmation with DL serial required here.

While we would like any one who would fail such a check made public, its top level private stuff.
The last background check was about 8 years ago, I just signed my life away. I have nothing to hide and certainly wouldn't lie to a future employer if had I criminal convictions that would affect my employment.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Here, if you are volunteering its free. No need for sponsorship but I did have to put a reason why I required it.

Its illegal to use a volunteer cert for employment and if you require one for paid work, its around $100.
That's the same here in Vic.

FWIW Mrs George and I had no idea it was happening. Ex-VC already has a couple of slightly older male mentors and the sleaze ball seemed like a good bloke, it's how they operate. It was Ex-VC (ex)girlfriend's mum who alerted the authorities, and on behalf of the other victims we're eternally grateful. As for Ex-VC, he's fine. He'd stopped the conversation when sleaze ball started talking about certain solo activities. And we're pretty open with what we discuss in-house so to him was more "that's a bit weird" than a scarring encounter.

The guy is fucked though. We haven't said anything so we don't destroy the case, but his name is getting spread around town, especially between the theatre groups. And he used to work in some kind of education role. The Detective wants his name in the papers to try and encourage more victims to say something. If he ever wants to be able to walk down the street its going to have to be in a different town. Mrs George wants blood.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A couple of quick things...

1) I just had lunch. As soon as I had paid there was an announcement that all hot food is now half price. Sigh. Even at half price it was only going to be ok.

2) I went out for dinner with a woman the night before I flew out of Sydney. We went to an Italian restaurant and she orders a garden salad to go with everything else...tells me how much she loves salad and I looking forward to the freshness etc. Salad comes out and it's a good looking salad! But she eats about 3 fork loads and then leaves it. A few nights back I went out for dinner with a woman here in q'town. We are in an Italian restaurant and surprise surprise this woman orders a fucking salad as well! She eats about 5 fork loads. Fuck me!!! I'm not sure if this is about me or Italian food, but can't these people stop ordering salads they aren't going to eat???

ozzybmx

but can't these people stop ordering salads they aren't going to eat???
Years ago, I was out with this girl after only a week or two and she couldn't decide if she was have S&P squid or Chicken Caesar Salad, she said 'well I suppose its only salad' and ordered both, I then promptly downgraded my chicken schnitty to a half. Out came the rolls and she slathered one in butter and stuffed one down her neck.

Meals came, 'half, aren't you hungry?'... yep.

1/3 of the S&P squid and 3-4 fork loads of CCS got eaten and she said 'ohhh I didn't realise it was going to be so big'

Fuck me, you ordered 2 mains, didnt think one would be enough then stuffed a bread roll in your gob (I didnt say this out loud as I'm polite at first, though I've got the value upcasting this for 20yrs)

I ate the half schnitty, most of the S&P squid and some of the chicken from the CCS.

Sadly I should have seen the signs and bailed there and then. We went on to have 2 kids, now 2 x 17yr olds and 20yrs later here I am looking for sympathy on the interwebz from a bunch chunts that are just going to laugh at me.

I've upcasted this story a 1000 times over they years to anyone at our table, who have no option but to listen, much to her displeasure ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Years ago, I was out with this girl after only a week or two and she couldn't decide if she was have S&P squid or Chicken Caesar Salad, she said 'well I suppose its only salad' and ordered both, I then promptly downgraded my chicken schnitty to a half. Out came the rolls and she slathered one in butter and stuffed one down her neck.

Meals came, 'half, aren't you hungry?'... yep.

1/3 of the S&P squid and 3-4 fork loads of CCS got eaten and she said 'ohhh I didn't realise it was going to be so big'

Fuck me, you ordered 2 mains, didnt think one would be enough then stuffed a bread roll in your gob (I didnt say this out loud as I'm polite at first, though I've got the value upcasting this for 20yrs)

I ate the half schnitty, most of the S&P squid and some of the chicken from the CCS.

Sadly I should have seen the signs and bailed there and then. We went on to have 2 kids, now 2 x 17yr olds and 20yrs later here I am looking for sympathy on the interwebz from a bunch chunts that are just going to laugh at me.

I've upcasted this story a 1000 times over they years to anyone at our table, who have no option but to listen, much to her displeasure ;)
On a good day we'll laugh with you, not just at you. :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A couple of quick things...

1) I just had lunch. As soon as I had paid there was an announcement that all hot food is now half price. Sigh. Even at half price it was only going to be ok.

2) I went out for dinner with a woman the night before I flew out of Sydney. We went to an Italian restaurant and she orders a garden salad to go with everything else...tells me how much she loves salad and I looking forward to the freshness etc. Salad comes out and it's a good looking salad! But she eats about 3 fork loads and then leaves it. A few nights back I went out for dinner with a woman here in q'town. We are in an Italian restaurant and surprise surprise this woman orders a fucking salad as well! She eats about 5 fork loads. Fuck me!!! I'm not sure if this is about me or Italian food, but can't these people stop ordering salads they aren't going to eat???

Also...

3) if something is called a flaming shot, it should be on fire.