Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Navigating the shit show of second hand 'first' cars for #2 son. I've looked at so many Corollas in the past 4-6 weeks and they all have something that's not great or absolute shit.

Found this 2004 car with only 140k on the clock, it was filthy and had a few marks on the body but its nearly 20yrs old, 3 months rego, freshly serviced 3 weeks ago, good service history, 3 keys/fobs and newish tyres. Test drove and walked away as he was looking too much. A week later (today) we go back and agree on a price, I pay cash and leave.

Driving home, do I feel an over revving when accelerating hard ? oh yeah...

Didn't feel it on the test drive, clutch on the way out FFS :rolleyes:

The bloke was that clueless with cars he probably wouldn't have known and once #2 son signed the papers, it was our problem.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Navigating the shit show of second hand 'first' cars for #2 son. I've looked at so many Corollas in the past 4-6 weeks and they all have something that's not great or absolute shit.

Found this 2004 car with only 140k on the clock, it was filthy and had a few marks on the body but its nearly 20yrs old, 3 months rego, freshly serviced 3 weeks ago, good service history, 3 keys/fobs and newish tyres. Test drove and walked away as he was looking too much. A week later (today) we go back and agree on a price, I pay cash and leave.

The bloke was that clueless with cars he probably wouldn't have known and once #2 son signed the papers, it was our problem.
At least that's a cheap fix consumable. Might teach your son to be gentle on the gear changes.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Murphy’s law means you’ll always find something wrong you missed on the test drive, but it’s usually a week or two until something goes pop!

ozzybmx

If his record with bikes is anything to go by, I doubt it....
I'm drumming it in... act a fucking dick on the road, you'll kill or injure yourself, kill your mate or some innocent person.

Apprenticeship next year ? No car, insurance now too expensive, extended 'P's, loss of license = Loss of job.

I'm a real killjoy :p

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner

First thing, check that the clutch pedal isn't riding/over adjusted. Aren't the clutches about $250 online?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I'm drumming it in... act a fucking dick on the road, you'll kill or injure yourself, kill your mate or some innocent person.

Apprenticeship next year ? No car, insurance now too expensive, extended 'P's, loss of license = Loss of job.

I'm a reall killjoy :p
A guy at works kid is paying something like $5000 a year for full comp insurance on her $20,000 Mazda. Wtf...

ozzybmx

Murphy’s law means you’ll always find something wrong you missed on the test drive, but it’s usually a week or two until something goes pop!
Well I drove about 3km on the test drive and only picked up the dodgy clutch as I drove away from the seller house. So if we had bought last week, it was inevitable it was going to happen anyway.

Son said, will we take it back ? I said, see that bit of paper in your hand, its got your name on it.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

A guy at works kid is paying something like $5000 a year for full comp insurance on her $20,000 Mazda. Wtf...
Thats scandalous ! The deal is I pay their insurance (in their name) for the first year. #1 sons 2.7 Hilux was $1250.

Hoping the wee Rolla is cheaper ;)

ozzybmx

First thing, check that the clutch pedal isn't riding/over adjusted. Aren't the clutches about $250 online?
Yep checked it, there's about 15mm slack before the rod pushes the actuator.

Full Rolla clutch kit is around $250-$300.

Watched a YT vid on doing it :rolleyes:

#2 son works at TyrePower, #1 worked there before him and I know the owner very well... special prices for us on tyres, servicing, repairs etc... it will go there.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yep checked it, there's about 15mm slack before the rod pushes the actuator.

Full Rolla clutch kit is around $250-$300.

Watched a YT vid on doing it :rolleyes:

#2 son works at TyrePower, #1 worked there before him and I know the owner very well... special prices for us on tyres, servicing, repairs etc... it will go there.
At least it's only a clutch. My brother's first car, a 2nd hand Datsun 180B ... soon after he bought it, the engine crapped out. Went alright with replacement engine :)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Ok. Some psychology advice.

Neighbour (the one with the 5am motorbikes…) fired up his v8 diesel land cruiser with an aftermarket exhaust on it at 7am and jerked me awake again. He wasn’t even letting it idle, had it revving at 2k for long enough for me wake up, think about, get up and dressed and walk down the street…

Anyway, super polite hat in hand, asked if it was possible please to not rev it at 7 on a Sunday morning. I wasn’t accusing him of doing it on purpose obviously. And got a massively aggressive angry fuck off response for my trouble.

Why is aggressive defence always the first resort for some people and how do I get around it….?