Little Things You Hate

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
15 years ago today, I married Mrs George. We just had parents and siblings, and with Man-child already on the way we told them we were having one final birthday party before the end of our freedom. When they arrived they were directed around the corner to a park, to be handed a wedding invitation and to find me standing there.

Then we all had lunch at the pub. Was a good day

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
5 years for the wife and I.

Courtyard wedding, grab a beer or cider from the wheel barrow on the way in and get settled in. No bridal party, married in 15mins, i wore shorts (nice ones).

Whole wedding including engagement and wedding rings (because I made them) cost about as much as a pov-pack Giant Trance

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
15 years ago today, I married Mrs George. We just had parents and siblings, and with Man-child already on the way we told them we were having one final birthday party before the end of our freedom. When they arrived they were directed around the corner to a park, to be handed a wedding invitation and to find me standing there.

Then we all had lunch at the pub. Was a good day
Damn that sounds like a great wedding.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
He he. How did we get here again?

For the record, I am completely pro-choice on the matter.
Heterosexual, same sex, ambiguous, as long as consenting adults, go nuts. Or don’t.

Naomi and I originally never planned to get married, but it made things easier in many legal aspects as we started to plan a family, rightly or wrongly. I could have easily gone on unmarried, but it became something she wanted to do, so who was I to refuse?

Our wedding was a completely secular affair, with no religious aspect whatsoever, much to the disgust of many of my family. Some refused to attend thank cuss.
I’m only baffled by people who aren’t religious in any way, who take the church/priest/commitment in front of god path with marriage. But as above, go nuts if it works for you.
We went to Fiji with family we liked and small group of close friends. About 20 people all up. Made a week of it. Married on the beach. Was awesome. Then spent 5 weeks travelling Europe. Could have bought a few bikes for the cost. :p

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH- waiting on paperwork, I have sold my car but as the buyer is a broker they apparently need a copy of the lease payout figures, but the lease company is taking it’s sweet arse time.
How hard can it be to generate a sheet that is already pre-filled and only needs my details loaded onto it :rolleyes:
Guaranteed if I had to provide something to them they would be busting my balls!

cammas

Seamstress
You're lucky you are not dealing with CenteLink or the Federal Courts! These bureaucracies wrote the book on "How long". Note: the book was a long time coming.
Been there done that, the Mrs hasn’t been able to work for the last 5 months due to waiting on my working with childrens check, apparently due to covid something that normally takes no longer than 10 business days took 5 months.
Yeah they can eat a bag dicks, what would happen if I stopped them from earning an income for more than 5 months they would fuck me as hard as they could, oh if you haven’t noticed by tone of my post we are not impressed, currently now waiting on other checks to come through so she can finally start working again after nearly 6 months.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
The thing about parties…they tend to involve alcohol.
I’m not against alcohol, I just prefer to not be around too many people who require alcohol to socialize.
Mainly because I don’t drink, and my sobriety tends to make them uncomfortable for some reason.
Standing around in one enclosed place with the same people for hours is generally my idea of hell. I get that alcohol probably makes it easier. ;)
I also hate the "Oh what? you don't drink, what's wrong with ya? Just have one then..."
There's a party with no-one you know. Then there's a party with your handpicked mates. I know which one I'd prefer. Also if said mates need alcohol to have fun, and relentlessly egg you on to have more, then you should probably pick better mates.

moorey

call me Mia
Then there's a party with your handpicked mates. I know which one I'd prefer. Also if said mates need alcohol to have fun, and relentlessly egg you on to have more, then you should probably pick better mates.
Still not my bag.
Thanks for the pep talk grandpa.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have a very big day at work lined up...11 or so hours. Get in early to kick it off and part 1 is assembling furniture, except the furniture hasn't arrived. I've got an off-sider with me all day who requires constant supervision/direction so need to spend the day finding "busy work" for him and myself. I redo some menus for tonight and then tongiht gets cancelled. Suddenly I have a short at of baby sitting. Poor rookie can't even leave me alone to eat lunch! Keeps asking what we will do after lunch...

shiny

Dishwasher dead. Pretty much 10 years old. Code refers to power module, $350 part and labour ends up close to $700. Can’t buy the part and DIY as licensed Electrcian required to install. Its been doing a few funky things lately. Sigh. Prefer new bike day and not new dishwasher day.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Must be the month for it :rolleyes:

I saved the dead again Dyson V6 with a second new battery, though we need a whole new vacuum and our freezer packed in at 4.5yrs old... luckily the manufacturer came to the party as they said their product should not fail at 4.5yrs (3yr warranty) and now in the queue with shitty corona stock issues 'expected' mid April.

Now using the Waeco in the kitchen and my beer fridge in the garage for at least the next 4 weeks.

Last edited:

shiny

Must be the month for it :rolleyes:

I saved the dead again Dyson V6 with a second new battery, though we need a whole new vacuum and our freezer packed in a 4.5yrs old... luckily the manufacturer came to the party as they said their product should not fail at 4.5yrs (3yr warranty) and now in the queue with shitty corona stock issues 'expected' mid April.

Now using the Waeco in the kitchen and my beer fridge in the garage for at least the next 4 weeks.
Crap, as long as the beer stays cold ;). Trying to find receipt for dishwasher got a feeling 7-8yrs old not 10. For the features we like only Bosch seem to tick the boxes so a bit meh to buy Bosch again.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Crap, as long as the beer stays cold ;). Trying to find receipt for dishwasher got a feeling 7-8yrs old not 10. For the features we like only Bosch seem to tick the boxes so a bit meh to buy Bosch again.
My missus bought Bosch everything when we redid the kitchen 5yrs ago and our touch pad on the Bosch induction hotplate failed a year ago, Bosch replaced the ~$700 controller even know it was 1yr out of warranty so still pretty good. It took a bit of me pointing out there was dozens of others with the same problem.

The fridge was the big surprise, my missus wanted a simple, no bells and whistles French door fridge/freezer and settled on a $1200 Hisense model. A win for me considering the price of some out there.

It started to lose freeze 2 weeks ago, called a Hisense Tech and an elderly Scottish man turns up. There's a blockage somewhere in the refrigerant system which means its a complete write off.

The old bloke tells me Hisense has probably the best warranty of all the brands in Australia right now and to give them a call and see what they say (backed up by his report), Hisense says their product should last longer than this "we'll send you a new one" mine is 5yrs old in July :p

shiny

My missus bought Bosch everything when we redid the kitchen 5yrs ago and our touch pad on the Bosch induction hotplate failed a year ago, Bosch replaced the ~$700 controller even know it was 1yr out of warranty so still pretty good. It took a bit of me pointing out there was dozens of others with the same problem.

The fridge was the big surprise, my missus wanted a simple, no bells and whistles French door fridge/freezer and settled on a $1200 Hisense model. A win for me considering the price of some out there.

It started to lose freeze 2 weeks ago, called a Hisense Tech and an elderly Scottish man turns up. There's a blockage somewhere in the refrigerant system which means its a complete write off.

The old bloke tells me Hisense has probably the best warranty of all the brands in Australia right now and to give them a call and see what they say (backed up by his report), Hisense says their product should last longer than this "we'll send you a new one" mine is 5yrs old in July :p
Googles Hisense. Looks similar to Bosch but cheaper and longer warranty. Hmm.