Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
Conveniently for me, it says there are no segments on the tracks I ride. I know there are…particularly the Youies today…but no segments = no fucks given.
View attachment 384455
Go back and refresh, sometimes it can a little slow to load
You will need to up your game at the Youies to get KOM especially the speed some people ride, this is for fence line or all time roller coaster

moorey

call me Mia
Go back and refresh, sometimes it can a little slow to load
You will need to up your game at the Youies to get KOM especially the speed some people ride, this is for fence line or all time roller coaster
View attachment 384456
Just checked. Activities from days ago say no segments.
The above pic validates even further my disinterest in others times. I have mates who I know cheat, so I assume pretty much everyone else does too.
I’ll check the overall time/speed for a regular loop at home to see if I’ve sped up over a 20-40km loop. That’s about as far as my interest in times stretches. Unlike Minlak who pretends not to care, but just deleted Strava after being awarded their Lanterne Rouge.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have never seen someone so opposed to product spend so much time talking about it - it is okay to care give yourself permission - maybe change your username to Vegan Cyclist and kill 2 birds with one stone?
I think vegan crusader would be more appropriate? And if someone could work a bit of down country into it as well?

Minlak

custom titis
I think vegan crusader would be more appropriate? And if someone could work a bit of down country into it as well?
No I will defend him on that - he is in no way a “Vegan Crusader” and in fact I would be more than confident in saying that people call him out as a Vegan way more than he mentions it.
In fact it is his one failure as a Vegan - not crowing about it

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No I will defend him on that - he is in no way a “Vegan Crusader” and in fact I would be more than confident in saying that people call him out as a Vegan way more than he mentions it.
In fact it is his one failure as a Vegan - not crowing about it
As much as he is a Stra-vangelist.

cammas

Seamstress
Just checked. Activities from days ago say no segments.
The above pic validates even further my disinterest in others times. I have mates who I know cheat, so I assume pretty much everyone else does too.
I’ll check the overall time/speed for a regular loop at home to see if I’ve sped up over a 20-40km loop. That’s about as far as my interest in times stretches. Unlike Minlak who pretends not to care, but just deleted Strava after being awarded their Lanterne Rouge.
I have been using strava for 10 or so years and can’t say I have cheated, what do I win? Am I missing something? A digital cup and kudos from people, not everyone cheats just like not every vegan does it for ethical reasons, some it’s dietary reasons. Like the bloke I work with with was told give up beer or meat to stop his gout, now he’s a vegan.

*Edit I should say I do work at a brewery, so beer is a pretty important part of our job;)

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I have been using strava for 10 or so years and can’t say I have cheated, what do I win? Am I missing something? A digital cup and kudos from people, not everyone cheats just like not every vegan does it for ethical reasons, some it’s dietary reasons. Like the bloke I work with with was told give up beer or meat to stop his gout, now he’s a vegan.

*Edit I should say I do work at a brewery, so beer is a pretty important part of our job;)
Bahaha. Meow, mate. :D

Minlak

custom titis
So I don’t advocate speeding - but you used to at least have a fighting chance - now you get a letter in the mail 2 weeks later as a momento of your journey - it is even now possible to have concurrent small offences on the same journey mean you just lost your licence and at no time were you even a danger to anyone.
This photo (not mine) is a picture of an unmarked motorcycle policeman set up with a trucam in the bush well off the road on downhill section just past a 60km/hr sign. This is in an area around Samford that is often the area that road side photographers set up to ply their craft - so not even unusual to see a camera in the trees.

safreek

So I don’t advocate speeding - but you used to at least have a fighting chance - now you get a letter in the mail 2 weeks later as a momento of your journey - it is even now possible to have concurrent small offences on the same journey mean you just lost your licence and at no time were you even a danger to anyone.
This photo (not mine) is a picture of an unmarked motorcycle policeman set up with a trucam in the bush well off the road on downhill section just past a 60km/hr sign. This is in an area around Samford that is often the area that road side photographers set up to ply their craft - so not even unusual to see a camera in the trees.

View attachment 384467
At least NSW is getting the warning signs back, on top of the roof no less. Classic

Minlak

custom titis
Is the cop wearing a camo net?
I believe he has tried to hide himself more - there is an interesting Facebook video on the official police page with them catching people - the police are half way up a mountain in the bush targeting people driving away from them on an uphill mountain section that is the only passing lane on the mountain and the speed drops to 60 just before the passing lane.
now some people got caught doing 120+ in a 60 zone fuck them they are idiots but it’s still disingenuous to claim they reduce speeding with these tactics

cammas

Seamstress
Maybe. Riding mostly from home, I don’t want every random seeing exactly where I live.
Surely opting not to display your map doesn’t do anything though.
You can make your some of rides private or go into the privacy settings and you can make it only your followers see your rides and then you can hide your starting point but sort of defeats the purpose since you’re lucky to have your land and personal track.
They had to create the privacy start setting as people were getting Strava stalked and when they were not home, scumbags would knock off their gear, probably didn’t help they would list all bikes, personally I use nicknames something I would only understand.