Little Things You Hate

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
You guys are doing it wrong.
A lot of beers are shite, but some beers are really good. Try more of the latter.

It's like saying you rode a bike with a Tourney derailleur once, so now you never ride Shimano components. Or more likely, those 8 Tourneys you rode 30 years ago gave you such a bad hangover you haven't used a derailleur since!
Nasty things. They shift like crap and bounce around all over the place.
Then, here's me drinking my can of XT 12sp wondering what all the fuss is about.

TLDR - Derailleurs are great. You don't know what you're missing out on.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so long as you dont make it your whole personality, drink whatever the hell you enjoy. but will say current draft beer trends suck. we added even more hops instead of actually thinking about what tastes good. and yes a cider that is actually refreshing is much better than one so sweet your tongue sticks to the side of your mouth afterwards

moorey

call me Mia
You guys are doing it wrong.
A lot of beers are shite, but some beers are really good. Try more of the latter.

It's like saying you rode a bike with a Tourney derailleur once, so now you never ride Shimano components. Or more likely, those 8 Tourneys you rode 30 years ago gave you such a bad hangover you haven't used a derailleur since!
Nasty things. They shift like crap and bounce around all over the place.
Then, here's me drinking my can of XT 12sp wondering what all the fuss is about.

TLDR - Derailleurs are great. You don't know what you're missing out on.
Alcohol aftertaste…pass…no matter what the variety.
Stale beer/pub smell. Harder pass.
Beer is more akin to the SRAM of the alcohol world.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Yep, I reckon I tried more types of beer as a younger fella trying to be a beer drinker too. Gave up. Now I'm finding cider a struggle too. So F$#king sweet! Even the good ones seem to be turning to sugar as a way of increasing mouthfeel and "drinkability.. Blah. Someone recommend me a good dry cider please.
I'm the same as you, all too sweet, I find Strongbow is ok though

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My old man didn't like the taste of beer so there was rarely beer in the house. Parents didn't drink wine either so same same. Father would occasionally drink rum and that was about the only booze that was around. Good for overnight fishing expeditions as a mosquito repellent. When I went to uni everyone drank beer so I had a go. It was shit (mostly XXXX so point well made). I started drinking cider because a cousin couldn't drink beer (coeliac) and got a taste for dry cider. Later on after trying Japanese beers I quite liked some of those and I managed to force myself to drink wine (red mostly) and will have an odd spirit or 6. Tried beers from other countries and mostly not of interest. Started drinking cider again when I went to execute a pork recipe and it called for cider. 5 seeds. It is a pleasant drink. And the odd red wine.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm the same as you, all too sweet, I find Strongbow is ok though
Strongbow isn't bad. Much fresher than it used to be. Monteiths was good but that's sweet now. I think they went to Apple concentrate? 5 seeds is ok but still commercially sweet. I used to buy a UK one called Aspalls from Dan's. That was good, but that's gone. I need to do some tasting research....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I only drink beer and I love it. Any beers, craftys, dark ales, regular local pub beers... my goto is Coopers pale and I probably drank ~14 of them last night.

Haven't had a beer since last Wed in Melrose, transitioning from 12h days to 12h nights means getting on the cans, staying up late and sleeping in today, ready for nights tonight.

ozzybmx

Were you celebrating the launch of Vittoria's new downcountry specific tyre?
Would love to be... not a Vittoria tyre available anywhere on the planet at the moment. Yet they release a new one.

No just the Irish Alco lame excuse of transitioning days to nights and get on the beers at home on Tuesday night.
Staggered to bed at 1am and only got up 15 mins ago.
Could have done a nightride last night and went to the gym this morning if the draw of beers wasn't so strong.
Would like to drop 8kg back to pre-vid weight, my choices aren't great :D

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Would love to be... not a Vittoria tyre available anywhere on the planet at the moment. Yet they release a new one.

No just the Irish Alco lame excuse of transitioning days to nights and get on the beers at home on Tuesday night.
Staggered to bed at 1am and only got up 15 mins ago.
Could have done a nightride last night and went to the gym this morning if the draw of beers wasn't so strong.
Would like to drop 8kg back to pre-vid weight, my choices aren't great :D
Well at least your rotor bolts are nice and tight..

ozzybmx

Well at least your rotor bolts are nice and tight..
I was a 6 bolt fan-boi forever.

Then a few years ago, the EX1501s that came on my Santa Cruz were centrelock.

I'm transformed, so much easier to fit and work with. I purposely buy and build my wheels centrelock now.

moorey

call me Mia
I was a 6 bolt fan-boi forever.

Then a few years ago, the EX1501s that came on my Santa Cruz were centrelock.

I'm transformed, so much easier to fit and work with. I purposely buy and build my wheels centrelock now.
Theory is sound…but the limited options of hubs and rotors is a boner killer. If like me, you don’t like DT…the option/s is/are pretty sickening.

ozzybmx

Theory is sound…but the limited options of hubs and rotors is a boner killer. If like me, you don’t like DT…the option/s is/are pretty sickening.
I'm warming to DT very fast. The limited availability of Hope and the great prices on DT350s from Ze Germans have made me jump the fence.
Interchangeable end caps, freehubs and ratchets remind me of my old Hope days.

Even splurged on 240s for my Spur.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Strongbow isn't bad. Much fresher than it used to be. Monteiths was good but that's sweet now. I think they went to Apple concentrate? 5 seeds is ok but still commercially sweet. I used to buy a UK one called Aspalls from Dan's. That was good, but that's gone. I need to do some tasting research....
I had a drunk interesting conversation with a local cider producer a few months ago who claimed most ciders came out of the distillery / tree factory / whatever the fuck they make cider in with alcohol at circa 10-12%, then most diluted with juice and / or concentrate to level them out. Depending on the concentrate used can make them vary in taste and go revoltingly sweet sometimes*

*recollection of conversation accuracy 80%
Later on after trying Japanese beers I quite liked some of those
Hitachino do a good range of things, including some great wheat beers (a genre I normally wouldn't go near).