Little Things You Hate

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The only cinema release I'm really hanging for is the new Bond. I hope that doesn't leak out.

One very good thing to come from the virus is Australia is looking like an attractive place to make movies.
Me too. It’s locked up solid till the world recovers it seems, but never say never.

MGM couldn’t sell it to Netflix or Amazon for what they needed, >400 million USD, so it’s locked up waiting for the world to recover.

The production industry has gone bonkers. I’m currently trying to get an Atmos mixing studio design across the line. Dolby has 30 studio applications from around the world pending approvals.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
LTIH:
Croup. Both kids have it and Mr 1 has a sensitive gag reflex so he spews after a coughing fit.
Trying to nap because sick kids means no sleep overnight. Mr 1 tries to shove Cheerios in my ear.
My older sister used to tell us her boys had croup when they just had childhood snuffles so when #1 really did get croup I thought he had swallowed a chair and couldn't breathe. We were doing a pre-relocation sus out of potential towns to move to and ended up in the local hospital. Nurses who were much much smarter than me took him away and did the steam thing while monitoring oxygen levels. Confirmed he was good and the chief nurse took me and my wife aside and gave us a solid dressing down for panicking and raising the anxiety level of our son. All sorted after my explanation and I was just sorry my sister wasn't there because the nurse had plenty to offer her on child rearing. Still scary though. He only had two bouts and the others were croup free, even the cats.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
My older sister used to tell us her boys had croup when they just had childhood snuffles so when #1 really did get croup I thought he had swallowed a chair and couldn't breathe. We were doing a pre-relocation sus out of potential towns to move to and ended up in the local hospital. Nurses who were much much smarter than me took him away and did the steam thing while monitoring oxygen levels. Confirmed he was good and the chief nurse took me and my wife aside and gave us a solid dressing down for panicking and raising the anxiety level of our son. All sorted after my explanation and I was just sorry my sister wasn't there because the nurse had plenty to offer her on child rearing. Still scary though. He only had two bouts and the others were croup free, even the cats.
Did the hospital pass the pre-relocation test?

Our GP says croup and I'd trust him with my first born son's life (he's already proven his worth there). I'd take normal childhood snuffles over this.
Hoping not to end up in hospital, I've had enough of that place lately.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Did the hospital pass the pre-relocation test?

Our GP says croup and I'd trust him with my first born son's life (he's already proven his worth there). I'd take normal childhood snuffles over this.
Hoping not to end up in hospital, I've had enough of that place lately.
Actually yes, after the nurses sorted it all out we were later seen by a GP who confirmed the diagnosis and treatment. He was doing his weekend stint (small country hospital and all the town GPs were on the roster) and when we moved we made an appointment for something or other, #2 was 6 weeks old... Luckily I called past the practice and was there in person, the receptionist said sorry the Dr is not taking any new patients and at about that time the Dr walked out, said hello and asked how #1 was, the receptionist said, I guess this will be an exception... We have been lucky, many many moves and towns and always a good GP and care.

moorey

call me Mia
I got croup a few times as a kid, and the cough was so deep & loud that it would scare the German Shepherd next door!
My friggin (near) Byron Bay SIL’s daughter caught hooping cough as a toddler after not getting her vaccinated. She refused to get it treated with anything other than homeopathy.....effects carried on for almost 12 months before BIL overruled and sought treatment. Darn near killed her a couple of times.
I’d always thought it lasted a month tops. Guess that’s with treatment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My friggin (near) Byron Bay SIL’s daughter caught hooping cough as a toddler after not getting her vaccinated. She refused to get it treated with anything other than homeopathy.....effects carried on for almost 12 months before BIL overruled and sought treatment. Darn near killed her a couple of times.
Wasn't the wive's tale 100 days?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Please tell me it ended in divorce.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Getting a cold 2 days before your next big race :(
RSV is doing the rounds. I got a Covid swab done Monday, next day result. Covid negative but a phone call on Wednesday to say "you have RSV, please isolate until no longer contagious".
Doc says 5-7 days and as long as you aren't coughing, sneezing and don't have a fever, you shouldn't be contagious.
RSV is often mistaken for the common cold as the symptoms are very similar. It's more problematic for little bubs - hence the trip to hospital on the weekend for Mr 1.
(Wasn't croup after all)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That really sucks @Labcanary - I started feeling sick a fortnight ago and it's only in the last couple of days I finally feel over it (less brain fog, able to concentrate, fitness not totally binned).

Interestingly I wasn't told by the Doctor to isolate until no longer symptomatic, just to avoid being around small children. Maybe they've changed their advice?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
That really sucks @Labcanary - I started feeling sick a fortnight ago and it's only in the last couple of days I finally feel over it (less brain fog, able to concentrate, fitness not totally binned).

Interestingly I wasn't told by the Doctor to isolate until no longer symptomatic, just to avoid being around small children. Maybe they've changed their advice?
You had to have a covid test though?