Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
RSV is doing the rounds. I got a Covid swab done Monday, next day result. Covid negative but a phone call on Wednesday to say "you have RSV, please isolate until no longer contagious".
Doc says 5-7 days and as long as you aren't coughing, sneezing and don't have a fever, you shouldn't be contagious.
RSV is often mistaken for the common cold as the symptoms are very similar. It's more problematic for little bubs - hence the trip to hospital on the weekend for Mr 1.
(Wasn't croup after all)
Bugger.
Had 3 tests (overly cautious with wife in ICU), never got a response other than a text saying I’m negative. That bites

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Yeah, first couple of days I was just snotty and grumpy but once I got a sore throat and felt feverish (day 3) it was off for the test.
That's pretty much how it showed up in my husband. I had mild symptoms, but I think I had it a few weeks ago when Mr 4 brought it home from Kinder. Mr 1 was pretty bad; fever, couldn't hold down feeds or any paracetamol, his poor little eyes could hardly stay open.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Did. Just a cold.
Sorry, was a bit stating the obvious. I had a nasty cold and fever the Mon/Tue before the Bright race after a weekend with my niece and nephew (actually sounds a lot like the RSV above, but didn't get any advice beyond COVID negative). It sucks and makes racing hard but good to at least have the text saying COVID-neg should anyone challenge you at registration/in the shuttle line/whatever.

moorey

call me Mia
Sorry, was a bit stating the obvious. I had a nasty cold and fever the Mon/Tue before the Bright race after a weekend with my niece and nephew (actually sounds a lot like the RSV above, but didn't get any advice beyond COVID negative). It sucks and makes racing hard but good to at least have the text saying COVID-neg should anyone challenge you at registration/in the shuttle line/whatever.
Mine is just the mild one running rampant. But of lethargy, sensitive skin, sinus...you know, the man flu we all think is killing us.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
please isolate until no longer contagious
Cold, flu ect... going to be the new norm ?

The days of the crook Aussie hauling him/herself to work when loaded with the cold because you should never take a sicky unless you have the health to enjoy your day off :p

Wonder will it be the start of management stepping in and telling the sick individual to go home. In a close shift work environment, one person gets it, its goes through like wild fire.

Last edited:

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Excess packaging. New (boxed) handlebars arrived in a larger box that could have contained about 10 additional handlebars> Stuffed full of plastic airbags for 'protection'. Absolute waste of everything, and now I've got a large cardboard box I have to break down to fit in the recycling bin... (live is hard)

moorey

call me Mia
Headlights on the Lux have always been milky. Shouldn’t have passed RWC, but meh. Bought a kit to cut back the glass and polish them up. Was a little dubious of the claims.

Before.

After.

LTIH. You have to sponge on a protective coating and let it cure for 6-8h.
Had to unexpectedly pick up Felix and it rained for the first and only 5 minutes of the day on the way, and it munted the coating :(

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Headlights on the Lux have always been milky. Shouldn’t have passed RWC, but meh. Bought a kit to cut back the glass and polish them up. Was a little dubious of the claims.
Just use toothpaste next time, works just as well.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Elderly grandmother admitted to hospital (Qld) with serious lung issue (non-covid related). Noone allowed in to visit - at all. Not even her immediate family.
WTF Queensland! You suck.
Really? That sucks.

Restrictions for Qld were lifted at 6am today so nursing homes etc. can be visited again. My grandfather had visitors today. Different rules for hospitals?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Really? That sucks.

Restrictions for Qld were lifted at 6am today so nursing homes etc. can be visited again. My grandfather had visitors today. Different rules for hospitals?
Nah she got out today. Doing a bit better. Good news the rules changed! The last few days were shit though just waiting on the Dr to call with news and never knowing what's going on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Have tried it before, not so successful, and these were pretty far gone. 800>1200>2000 grit paper, then polishing cream, then clear coat.
I do the missus lights with a clay bar kit, works quite well. Your results are pretty good for a munted coating.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Before.
View attachment 374191

After.
View attachment 374192

LTIH. You have to sponge on a protective coating and let it cure for 6-8h.
Had to unexpectedly pick up Felix and it rained for the first and only 5 minutes of the day on the way, and it munted the coating :(
Now you'll get 60k on resale value rather than 55K :p.