Little Things You Hate

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I won a bike on Ebay at 6.30am ... I reckon he has the shits for what it went for.
What a rookie. Everyone knows if you want people to bid on your shit it has to end at 8:30pm on Thursday.

Assuming you still want the thing, I’d be messaging him every day until he replies, and if he still hasn’t by the time a week has passed, do as @Labcanary says and cut your losses and hit that dispute button on PayPal.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
2 business days at most. I'd request PayPal refund the money and if the seller does finally contact you, tell them you'll pay cash when you collect.
What a rookie. Everyone knows if you want people to bid on your shit it has to end at 8:30pm on Thursday.

Assuming you still want the thing, I’d be messaging him every day until he replies, and if he still hasn’t by the time a week has passed, do as @Labcanary says and cut your losses and hit that dispute button on PayPal.
I actually want the bike, 2021 model hardly ridden with decent upgrades, so I might do as @leitch mentions and just hassle him daily.

It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted me to dispute it then he could just refund and relist it, it was very poorly described and I was the only bidder (I even put in an offer of $100 more than the opening bid), I think he thought it would go for a lot more.

Last edited:

sbm

Likes Bikes
Talking about pump tracks on the Burnie Tas thread...I looked up whatever happened to the Sydney inner west pumptrack at Camdenville Park.

2013 bmx pump track approved.
2015 postponed due to uncertainty about Westconnex proposal
2016 Westconnex compulsorily leases park for a construction compound. State significant development dontcha know.
2020 WCX project work finishes
2021 Council has been advised Transgrid requires the park for a transmission cable project
2022 Transgrid works scheduled to be completed
2023 Pump track construction starts!!1!

Apparently it takes literally. ten. years. for anything to get done in this city.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Talking about pump tracks on the Burnie Tas thread...I looked up whatever happened to the Sydney inner west pumptrack at Camdenville Park.

2016 Westconnex compulsorily leases park for a construction compound. State significant development dontcha know.
2021 Council has been advised Transgrid requires the park for a transmission cable project

Apparently it takes literally. ten. years. for anything to get done in this city.
Look up how long it took cronulla to get a skate park.
AND it’s not even in cronulla!
Sydney sucks.

Flow-Rider

Burner

It's the way of the world these days unfortunately, governments have a lot of bureaucratic red tape in place and funding for these projects doesn't happen overnight either.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It's how these things go all to often unfortunately. Bit bigger than a pump track, but check this out - Warburton trail network timeline. Bit of an insight into the regulatory processes you have to go through to get a community infrastructure project done. They'll be lucky if they've raked a metre of trail by the end of 2023.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Who woulda thunk it? Privatisation of public transport is not in the best interests of the public.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-15/belair-line-cyclists-squeezed-out-by-keolis-downer/13242388

*there’s a petition in the article which might help the kids save their shuttles
Someone needs to let keolis downer know how much money there is to be made running shuttles.
I live in Belair and my 2 boys shuttle using the train, though not so much these days but they still do occasionally with groups of mates.

There has a been a lot of negative press over the last few years with bad behaviour on the trains, disrespectful 'rich kids' being rude to rail staff, bikes piled everywhere, dangerous riding on link roads, non-payment of fares... the list goes on.

There have been calls for a dedicated bike carriage to be added to the train on weekends with seating removed and grab hoops fitted but it there has been no movement on anything yet from the new rail owner.

Plenty of topics on fakebook, arguments for and against, the rego for cyclist crew is out in full effect AND even cyclists turning on cyclists with stupid 'learn to ride up the hill' comments.

So currently, there are only 4 bikes allowed per train (2 carriages) and pictures from last weekend posted on social media by the riders show basically empty trains with up to 50 riders left standing at Mitcham. Torrens Park and Lynton stations.

Some cunning riders even riding 2km to the next station down the line at Unley park to get their bikes on and avoid the queue, the train then pulling up at Mitcham and allowing no riders at all on.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Sydney inner west pumptrack at Camdenville Park.
Need to get local kids to build the pump track NOW!
Then when Transgrid come to take over the site next year... you get the youngest kids to stand there with their balance bikes, and get their photo in the local paper with some headline like "Transgrid trampling Camdenville community pump track". Community on board, Transgrid now gets told to go somewhere else because it's almost reelection time again... (Only half joking)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx I've done that shuttle a few times - there is certainly a dickhead element to the MTB users.

But still - address the dickhead element, not limit travel to everyone. How are the carriage limits policed?
My youngest did a day of runs last Saturday and said a guard is on every train and refuses to let more than 4 on.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
@ozzybmx I've done that shuttle a few times - there is certainly a dickhead element to the MTB users.
100% there is. Still a great pity to kill it off due to the actions of a few spoilt little shits.
It's how these things go all to often unfortunately. Bit bigger than a pump track, but check this out - Warburton trail network timeline. Bit of an insight into the regulatory processes you have to go through to get a community infrastructure project done. They'll be lucky if they've raked a metre of trail by the end of 2023.
Warburton was a project going on when I was at Parks Vic - although I wasn't directly involved. I'd need to check this but from memory it's blown out the way it has due to not originally having a proper environmental effects plan (that euphemistically titled "planning approval process" bit). Again all from memory but trails they'd proposed were going to crash through a fair chunk of fragile undisturbed environment with associated critically endangered fauna and flora. Someone involved in the initial planning maybe didn't do their homework or consult with the right stakeholders or something.

Flow-Rider

Burner
100% there is. Still a great pity to kill it off due to the actions of a few spoilt little shits.

Warburton was a project going on when I was at Parks Vic - although I wasn't directly involved. I'd need to check this but from memory it's blown out the way it has due to not originally having a proper environmental effects plan (that euphemistically titled "planning approval process" bit). Again all from memory but trails they'd proposed were going to crash through a fair chunk of fragile undisturbed environment with associated critically endangered fauna and flora. Someone involved in the initial planning maybe didn't do their homework or consult with the right stakeholders or something.
The whole story is on the Flow mountain bike site, it's a rarity that a project like mountain bike trails needs an EES.

https://flowmountainbike.com/features/story-warburton-mtb-project/

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - when you say hello hi, gday or hello to someone on the trail and they just look at you like you just dropped a steamer in their mouth.
I don’t expect a full on conversation just a little bit of acknowledgment, fark we are all out there for good time and I can guarantee I am suffering more than most, maybe I’m just getting old and grumpy but fark’em.