Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

JP

Likes Dirt
How old are you? 36
What state do you live? Blue Mtns, NSW
How long have you been riding? Riding since I was 3 or so. Road up until about 1990 and then mtb.
Whats styles of riding do you do? XCish trail & commuting
How often do you ride? Commute- At least 75% of my shifts, off road- not as much as I'd like, but it's getting better
Tell us about your bike/s? 2005 Giant VT2, 2009 KHS Solo One SS 29er, 700c SS commuter bitsa (my fav)
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? A few broken ribs
Do you compete and at what level?
Any cycling highights worth posting? Convincing the Minister for War and Finances that I needed the KHS!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Most of 'em
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Where do I start?

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you? 33
What state do you live? NSW. Hunter Valley. In the coal dust bowl that is Singleton.
How long have you been riding? Since I was about 13. I'll never forget that old Apollo Kosciuszko.
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC. Kids keep my wheels on the ground
How often do you ride? No where near enough, once or twice a week.
Tell us about your bike/s? Only one atm, 08 Jamis Dakar XCR Expert.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Nothing more than the usual gravel rash
Do you compete and at what level? Yes, as low as they go.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Finally getting to do the Dirtworks this year. Every ride is a highlight!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? XC and for sale
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? People not putting photo's in for sale ads. How do you expect to sell it if we can't see it!

Last edited:

party76

Likes Dirt
HOW OLD ARE YOU? 34
WHAT STATE DO YOU LIVE IN? Queenslander
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN RIDING? As long as i can remember.
WHAT STYLES OF RIDING DO YOU DO? Dh/ hucking DJ/park26/20inch ocassional xc blast.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU RIDE. As much as my wife and family will allow. about five to six days a week.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR BIKE/S. Norco shore2, Santa Cruz Jackal, Azonic Ds1,1991GT mach1(restored retro 20inch) Transition Gran Mal(frame) GT LTS(frame) and shopping around for a new dj/park 20inch
HAVE YOU HAD ANY SIGNIFICANT BIKE RELATED INJURIES. Two broken ribs,one broken ankle.severe pedal gash across calf muscle, concussion, and more gravel rash than i care to remember.
DO YOU COMPETE AND AT WHAT LEVEL. Qld state/sunny series dh. sitting this year out due to new born twins,but have done a lot of racing since about 1997. hope to do nationals one day.
ANY CYCLING ACHEIVEMENTS WORTH POSTING. Finished 5th overall veteran mens 2009 sunshine series. got a third in 4x back in 03
WHAT FORUMS/SUBFORUMS DO YOU VISIT MOST ON ROTORBURN. This and that.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST/FAVOURITE RANT. Dickheads in commodores! "its gunna be the fastest one around when its finished!" lmfao!

Balance

Squid
How old are you? 37
What state do you live? VIC
How long have you been riding? almost a year!
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC
How often do you ride? Once or twice a week - sometimes I wag work for a ride!
Tell us about your bike/s? Fluid Ricochet - it's put up with me so far
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Not really significant, but I was the first in the STJ Ambo at the Lake Mountain race this year :) That's when I learnt which is my front brake, and not to use it when I go over a rock - I smashed the handle bar into my calf within the first 2 kms - but I still finished the 15 km loop :D
Do you compete and at what level? One day I WON'T be VERY last
Any cycling highights worth posting? I am sure I have been on at least one ride where I didn't fall off....
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Lurking....
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Nothing yet!

Attachments

Last edited:

cog_nition

Likes Dirt
How old are you?
What state do you live?
ACT
How long have you been riding?
road since '89. mtb since '94
What styles of riding do you do?
XC/Marathon/Road
How often do you ride?
4-5 times average 8-9 hours a week
Tell us about your bike/s?
MTB-Scott Scale 20, Giant atx SS/commuter, Road-Moser steel.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries?
Only to the bank balance....
Club XC racing, Enduro/marathons in open...not long to vets!
Any cycling highlights worth posting?
Proposed to my wife whilst on the mawson trail mtb touring...and she said yes.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?
XC/enduro, road, this one!
Whats your biggest or favourite rant?
Everybody's got an opinion, and the right to express it, just because you may not like doesn't give you a right to flame them. Thats what forums are- big public discussion boards.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you? 40
What state do you live? VIC
How long have you been riding? 30+ years
Whats styles of riding do you do? DH mainly, FR, XC, enduro events, skate park.
How often do you ride? DH on weekends, ride XC on weekdays/weekends skate park after work
Tell us about your bike/s? 2001 Specialized Enduro (XC), 2004 Specialized SX (Slalom, Slope and 4X), 2005 Specialized Enduro (Trail), 2005 Specialized BigHit SPEC (FR), 2006 Specialized BigHit (DH), 2006 Banshee Morphine (HT DH), 2007 STP Zero (Skate Park). 7 Bikes all up on the go, Evil Imperial frame on garage wall.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Left knee ACL reconstruction.
Do you compete and at what level? DH, vets or social, (soon to be masters), XC/Enduro events for fun.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Have ridden Ayers Rock to Darwin for MS.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Parts and stuff.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Theres a fewon Farkin/Rotorburn that are a good read, none specifically favourite....

G-Man

Likes Dirt
G'day from G-man

G'day folks ..

G-man is the handle ( AKA Grupe )

How old are you? = 37 years young

What state do you live? NSW

How long have you been riding? = 15 years ish

Whats styles of riding do you do? = Off road mainly , DH / Agressive trail , the odd enduro and
the dreaded commute ..

How often do you ride? = 3 to 5 times a week

Tell us about your bike/s? = 09 Norco Aline Park , Pivot Firebird , Trusty MAX hardtail + my beautiful
retro as Sintesi Bazooka !!

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? = To many to list , latest bad one was a hip dislocation
I dont rate that very highly ..

Do you compete and at what level? = Masters 1/2 DH. Club , State & National comps.

Any cycling highights worth posting? = 2003 NSW Open Mens hardtail champ & club champ a couple times.

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? = Downhill, Freeride & General MTB

Well thats about it folks ,, Catch yas on a hill somewhere ..

G-man outy

my02

Likes Dirt
How old are you?
34..........35 in a month.......sniff
What state do you live?
NSW
Sort of since 04 ish
Trail / FR / DH
How often do you ride?
Once at the weekend. Have been VERY slack at mid week night rides but gymming tends to interfere.
Mongoose Teocali Elite (2009), Giant Faith (2006) - both set up for large lump on the saddle.
Splendid view of my tibia caused by something at Red Hill, dislocated fingers, fractured ego, shattered lungs, deceased quadriceps and really really bad tiny cuts on my arms from not wearing a long sleeve jersey.
I weigh 120kg. What do you think.
Getting Peaty to sign my T-shirt just before he won last year, meeting Gee Atherton and Fabien Barel at Oxford Falls, getting a new frame from Mongoose each year coz I keep breaking them
Any with nice pictures
Silly fat wankers coughing up trillions of dollars on light weight gear who don't see the value in not eating lard 3 times per day.
Oh and people who think weight training has no place in MTB

Last edited:

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Jackstack aka Tim.
How old are you? 41
What state do you live? NSW
How long have you been riding? Discounting whipper snapper years I think 7 or 8?
Whats styles of riding do you do? Trail/Enduro/road to make the dirt bike go faster.
How often do you ride? Up to 6 times a week, a lot of that on the road.
Tell us about your bike/s? Fuel EX9, Norco Fluid, Trek road bike (dunno model, its got 2 wheels and you pedal it)
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Look at my name, will only tell you the most time off bike injuries 1st place broken neck, 2nd place 12 stitches in back of the calf, that went septic, have a sick scar on the back of my calf to help me remember. There's more but that'll do.
Do you compete and at what level? Yes at my level, usually in top 20% of old farts.
Any cycling highights worth posting? 9th Solo old farts Scott 24hr 2010, oh and pre-riding the Husky 100 course last Sat night, that was cool.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Whatever's interesting XC/Enduro most.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Pass.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you?

What state do you live?
nsw

30years

Whats styles of riding do you do?
started BMX the DH now XC Enduro

How often do you ride?
Everyday if the weathers good

I have 12
shoppe / pub bike x 2
1968 Dragster rusting away
Super commuter
Fixie (road training bike)
Redline SS ( mtb training bike)
Norco Rampage, General trail riding with the boys.
Craftworks FRM half built under bed
Ellsworth Truth XC Enduro main race bike
On-One 456 - Project SS

Nothing dramatic did break 2 helmets on 2 weeks though.
went head first through a car window while drunk.

Not quite elite

Any cycling highights worth posting?
Cycling got me off the drugs and pills i was addicted to

XC / Enduro

People riding the trails when they are soggy

Question needed!!!!

What was your first bike?

First bike ever?
Speedwell Dragster in 1975 - see avatar (no not the movie)

First MTB: 1987 a fully rigid apollo

Last edited:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
How Old?..44..i think
What State?..The Lovely state of The Blue Mountains
How Long Riding?..5 years
Style of Riding?..xc/trail/would like to downhill
How Often?..3 to 4 days a week
Bikes?..Specialized Epic,Avanti Monza roadie
Injuries?..A lovely broken collarbone, A titanium plate in ma head( i have to stay away from microwaves, mobile phones, mobile phone towers and Moggio and TheCat, otherwise i melt down and and cant be understood!)
Do I Compete?..Do club rounds, a few 24's and 12's and 8' and heaps of 4 hours!
Cycle Highlights?..Meeting Flynny and discovering that he has some fetishes, any rides with the mountains crew!
What Forums?..hang around like a bad smell in the watering hole, specifically the "turgid"- patent pending area.
Rant?..Dreggsy got it, i hate seeing people trample the trails after big rains, i see it all the time, it is usually people who travel to get there who feel that they have a right and obligation to get as muddy as possible, they seem to think it's a badge of honour, i think it's a wank! and it has big consequences!

big dan

Likes Dirt
How old are you?

What state do you live?
Qld

Since 1990 - seriusly since 1993

DH/XC/DJ/ROAD

How often do you ride?
at least 4 times per week, mostly xc and pump track but i try to get out on the DH bike every few weeks

Lots of coves! purchased a 99 cove stiffe in Van after doing the 98/99 ski season in whistler and still have it. Currently riding a Cove shocker, Cove Handjob and a Cove Sanchez. Also have other assorted rigs in various states of neglect!

Heaps of small ones including a broken arm and some knee ligamant damage. About to have a wrist reconstruction and i will be 6 months off the bike....going to suck

Used to race some Nat series and have always raced the Qld sunshine series in DH. Also do the occasional XC race and some 6/12/24 hr stuff.

Done ok i guess...Qld Expert DH champ in 03, 2nd in 04, Sunshine series overall winner in Vet 2008, 2009, done well at coffs also

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? For sale, DH, Check on the ol yup boys from time to time and see what sort of smack Binner et al are talking!

Rants? Not much these days.....used to go off at the young guys doing dumb stuff at races like pushing in to shuttle lines

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you?
What state do you live?
QLD
Racing DH since 93, bit of XC and enduros in the mix too.
Pretty much all. Mainly trail riding, DJing and DH every now and then between races.
How often do you ride?
Minimum 3 times a weeks, try to fit other outtings in around family and sunlight.
08 Turner DHR (awesome rig and with DT taking so long to release the DW still current :) ) 08 Turner Flux awesome rig, light but built with quality parts so takes a beating. Cove Foreplay mainly gets ridden in my yard on my tracks and jumps. Avanti Corsa for secert training.
Heaps, few breaks, few dislocations and dislocated my right shoulder so many times in the last 16 years I have lost count.
Yep, race Vet DH. Would love to get back to some National races. Bit of enduro stuff here and there.
The summer of 99, spending a week with Mick Hannah, Chris Kovarik, Big Dan, Luke dog riding all the DH tracks over Cairns.
Forsale.
Just chill out people (coming from the angry man with the pizzas)

Sumo

Likes Dirt
How old are you? 53
What state do you live? Queensland
How long have you been riding? 20 years, 7 years BMX and 13 Mountain Bike.
Whats styles of riding do you do? Mainly trails, but trying to find the balls to get back into DH.
How often do you ride? Only getting out once a week at the moment due to work, but made a set of lights to get out at night.
Tell us about your bike/s? Santa Cruz Heckler weighing in at 11.5kg. Currently building up a Barracuda A2Z hardtail from parts lying around the garage to play around on.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Broken foot from BMX and fractured C3 & C4 vertebrae from DH.
Do you compete and at what level? Not anymore.
Any cycling highights worth posting? I wish.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Parts and Stuff, Post your Ride.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Lycra is for Roadies.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
How old are you? 33
What state do you live? Tasmania
How long have you been riding? Since I got my first BMX, about 25 years.
What styles of riding do you do? XC, commute, road
How often do you ride? Every day, unless it's raining.
Tell us about your bike/s? 2000 giant XTC Ds1 dually, Giant XTC2 hardtail, haro singlespeed cruiser, olympic singlespeed racer, retro apollo steel singlespeed (project in the making)
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Luckiliy, nothing serious. Got a gnarly rotorburn on my leg last year, but that's about as bad as it gets
Do you compete and at what level? No. Currently training for my first XC event in May next year
Any cycling highights worth posting? Personal highlight. The first time I hit the triple digits on the bike computer, first time I summited Mt. Wellington, hitting 95kmh going down the Southern outlet in Tassie and feeling more alive than anything I have ever done.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? What's new, Genreal, XC, For sale, Parts'n'stuff
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Want to know why your trading access was denied. Love seeing some of the noobs and admins comments. Makes me smile every time.

Hi there.

How old are you? 49

What state do you live? Northern beaches Sydney (Gods Country) NSW

How long have you been riding? Got my first road bike in 1976 and first Mtb in 1994 (a Shogun Trailbreaker 2).

Whats styles of riding do you do? Downhill

How often do you ride? Lately every day ( The joys of being unemployed. Start new job tuesday?

Tell us about your bike/s? 2007 Specialized demo 7 with 888RCV and a whole heap of other goodies. 2009 Avanti Scratch1.0 29er, 2006 Norco Sasquatch single speed hard tail and a 1996 Giant ATX990.

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? 31/1/1999 Broken collar bone and 1/2/2000 broken pelvis.( Don't usually ride end of Jan and beginning of Feb now!)

Do you compete and at what level? Club, State & next year National.

Any cycling highights worth posting? Every ride is a highlight!

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? I just look at the pretty pictures

Whats your biggest or favourite rant?P platers overtaking me like i'm standing still!

Last edited: