Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Fellow Vets!
I thank whichever mod is responsible for starting this forum.
Having long left our puberty behind, hopefully we'll all enjoy some mature and friendly discussions here, without too much of the ego or testosterone driven replies that plague many other forums.
I thought that this might be a small enough community on this great site that we will see each others usernames plenty.
Perhaps a little intro will put a person behind the anonymous avatar and username.

How old are you?
What state do you live?
How long have you been riding?
Whats styles of riding do you do?
How often do you ride?
Tell us about your bike/s?
Have you had any significant bike related injuries?
Do you compete and at what level?
Any cycling highights worth posting?
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?
Whats your biggest or favourite rant?

Answer as much or as little as you feel like doing...this is meant to be fun not a chore!!

Hugor

Likes Dirt
How old are you?
38 years old

What state do you live?
Perth WA

4 years semi seriously

XC, commuting, road

How often do you ride?
6 - 7 times per week, probably 20 - 30 hrs

I have 3 bikes.
Salsa El Mariachi 29er is my daily commuter.
Niner RIP9 29er is my XC, endurance, event bike.
Pivot Firebird is my social play bike for the rough trails.

Fracture dislocation elbow 2 years ago when run off the road by a car.
Broken wrist 1 year ago in a rockgarden.
Fracture dislocation shoulder 8 weeks ago when my confidence outgrew my capabilities.

I enter most local events at a recreational level.

Entering the Central Australia MTB stage race with my favourite 5 riding buddies.

XC, 29er, Post Your Ride, here!

Bloody electric and petrol powered bikes should not be allowed on cycleways!

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you? 50
What state do you live? VIC
How long have you been riding? 22 years
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC enduro/road
How often do you ride? 10 hours /week
Tell us about your bike/s? Yeti 575, Yeti ARC, Yeti ARCTi SS, Cannondale 6-13 roadie
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Not really
Do you compete and at what level? mid level XC enduros, used to race vet road
Any cycling highights worth posting? Forrest 6-hour this year, first time I've gone reasonably hard for 6 hours.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? for sale, XC/enduro

Answer as much or as little as you feel like doing...this is meant to be fun not a chore!! Anything bike related is fun!

rone

Eats Squid
How old are you? 38
What state do you live? Queensland
How long have you been riding? All my life
What styles of riding do you do? XC/AM/DH
How often do you ride? Most days
Tell us about your bike/s? Ragley Blue Pig, Intense Tracer VP, Specialized Demo 9
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Buggered knee. Buggered back. Buggered elbow.
Do you compete and at what level? No. Soul/Social rider
Any cycling highights worth posting? Rode to top of Mt Snowden, Wales
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? PYR, General, 29ers, For sale, Parts'n'stuff
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Driver intolerance

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
How old are you? 40
What state do you live? NSW
How long have you been riding? 30 years
Whats styles of riding do you do? DH, commute on roadie once a week
How often do you ride? DH most weekends, commute once a week
Tell us about your bike/s? 2009 Norco A-Line Park w/BOS fork, Cinelli Proxima roadie
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Not really
Do you compete and at what level? used to race vet DH and 4X
Any cycling highights worth posting? Came second in Masters at a National 4X at Homebush a couple of years ago
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Off Topic, I enjoy the finance/political threads

Oh, I just thought - look me up in Meet The Farkers - and you can find even more about me!
Here's the link, thanks to Cat: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?75627-25-scblack

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
How old are you?35
What state do you live?Vic
How long have you been riding?About 4 years
Whats styles of riding do you do?Dh, commute to work twice a week, 40k round trip, xc now and then
How often do you ride?Not enough lately due to my new son - not that i'm BLAMING him..
Tell us about your bike/s?09 GloryDH0, Rocky Mountain EST-X30, Shogun Prairie Breaker(commuter)
Have you had any significant bike related injuries?3 Fractured scapulas, bruised pelvis, shattered ego
Do you compete and at what level?In my mind
Any cycling highights worth posting?regularly.. in my mind, maybe not worth posting.. burning off a roadie on my commute maybe?!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?Downhill, Freeriding, For Sale
Whats your biggest or favourite rant?"Why should you get to buy $400 boots on chapel St. and I can't place an order on CRC?(for shit I don't NEED but WANT bad)

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
How long have you been riding? since a yesterday
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC mostly. DH, not as much as I'd like
How often do you ride?try and do one or two a week
Tell us about your bike/s?2009 GT Marathon Team. 2009 Norco Atomic tricked up a bit
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? y
Do you compete and at what level? Lots of club based stuff but don't get to state level stuff as often as I'd like
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Off Topic,
How old are you? 36

Oh, I just thought - look me up in Meet The Farkers - and you can find even more about me!
Give 'em the link old boy

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?75627-25-scblack

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you? 37
What state do you live? NSW ... 11mins from Ourimbah.
How long have you been riding? Bikes since I was 10 ... but serious MTB the last 6yrs.
Whats styles of riding do you do? Fat slow and social XC/AM.
How often do you ride? Atleast once a week in Winter, upto 4 in Summer.
Tell us about your bike/s? 2007 Scott RANSOM 30

Busted thumb and serious collision with a tree resulting in this below.

Do you compete and at what level? Entered one Ourimbah DH Club round on an old Norco Sasquatch HT and failed dismally, 6m35s on a track that the Elite did it in 3 flat. Oh and last years Wollombi Wild Ride 30km XC, last in category but not last across the line.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Competely losing my shit harder than a 12yr old STP owner juiced up on Monster energy when I got to meet and chat with Mr Sam Hill and Brendog Far-cough!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? The WTSFLC will one day have a movie made about them. That lot are very entertaining. Oh and occasionally pop my head into the Photo Snob Thread in Off topic.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Punk kids who think that THEY invented ALL the cool shit. We invented Fluro and stovepipe jeans, you just found em and brought them back from a hell they should have stayed in.

retro racer

Likes Dirt
How old are you?
What state do you live?
NSW
mtb. offf and on for yrs and bmx since 78
trail, DH, BMX and old school bmx
How often do you ride?
cuple times a week.
Astrix havoc, norco dh and new santa cruz v10, numerous bmx race bikes old and new school
nope
bmx and entered the nsw dh titles
a few bmx
vets!lol

houli77

Likes Dirt
vets section... i like it, should i leave my walking frame at the door... :rolleyes:

i'll come here when the youngin's are getting to me.

How old are you? 33
What state do you live? QLD, Bris
How long have you been riding? since a kid kickin around in the bush on bmx, few years gap then first dual suss about 6 yrs ago, pretty much an addict now
Whats styles of riding do you do? mainly gravity oriented, berms and gaps get me goin, and exercising my dog (does that count as a riding style?)
How often do you ride? per week > 1 dh shuttle session, 3-4 push run sessions and trail diggin, few hardtail runs with the dog, depends as mutt usualy comes out for push runs.
Tell us about your bike/s? 09 Trek Session 88 / Intense Slopestyle / Cove Handjob single speed
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? did my knee two weeks ago, still can't ride. other than that i've had a few big offs riding dh and been pretty smashed up but no majors, usually wear body armour for dh
Do you compete and at what level? vets dh occasionally
Any cycling highights worth posting? 4th in vets @ illinbah this year and travelled last year and rode some world class trails in NW USA and NZ including heli-biking.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? general/parts/dh/freeriding/trail building and now vets i guess
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? lack of advanced legal trails in brisbane area.

pancakes

Cannon Fodder
Howdy all, I believe this is my 1st post...been lurking here for a bit and I've finally found an area I can comment, lol. :rolleyes:

How old are you? not 42 YET!
How long have you been riding? used to live on my pushies then pretty much gave it up when I got my m/cycle L's all those years ago. Recently got into mtb thanks to the bro-in-law lending me his spare. LOVING IT!
Whats styles of riding do you do? red faced, out of breath, constantly correcting the last mistake, too much brake/not enough brake, closed eyes/wide eyed...you know the drill
How often do you ride?2 or 3 times a week, 20 or 30km each ride
Tell us about your bike/s? Rocky Mountain etsx, borrowed hardtail, and a few of the motorised variety. ;)
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? not mtb-ing ...yet... :|
Do you compete and at what level? at no level
Any cycling highights worth posting? re-discovering the pure fun a bicycle is
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? all the ones with noob type info
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? where do I start? what's up with gen y?, when we wore tight jeans it was cool, now it's just stoopid!, my legs/back/arms head hurts!, when did hills get steeper?, I could go on forever

How old are you?

What state do you live?
QLD

7 yrs
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC,AM, FR and hopefully DH again in a couple months.

How often do you ride?
2-3 times a week at the mo, usually min 6-8 rides a month.

Tell us about your bike/s
03 Haro V2 hardie, a Recently sold 07 GT DHi, 2008 GT Force 1

Unfortunately YES. Recovering from left shoulder recon done in April. Dislocated right shoulder5 yrs ago, broken L collarbone in 07,

Not at the mo except for 6 hr at MT Perry last week.Planning to build up a DH rig once again, as soon as I get the frame choice sorted. Definately racing Dh again in 2011 !! (Here's hoping anyway)

Couple of 2nd and 3rd outrights in local DH comp in Nth QLD 2005-2008, 2nd QLD State Championships in Vets in 2007, 4th outright in Vets 2009 QLD Sunshine Series DH.

For sale, riding pics, etc.

Big mouth w@#$ers who talk too much shit me!!

Attachments

BT180

Max Pfaff
How old are you? 34
What state do you live? NSW, Northern Beaches
How long have you been riding? About 23 years with a bit of a break in between during my high school years
Whats styles of riding do you do? AM/XC
How often do you ride? 3-4 times a week
Tell us about your bike/s? I just have the one do it all bike that I swap parts on depending on the riding I’m doing: Santa Cruz Heckler – link in my sig.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Worst would be a grade 3 torn calf muscle and a gash in the underside of my arm that required stitches. Both happened on the same stack
Do you compete and at what level? Compete as a punter trying to beat my own personal times (and that of my mates of course!). 100, 50k enduros, 24 hours races, etc
Any cycling highights worth posting? Any 100k enduros or 24hr races with my mates. Also finishing last years Angry Doctor which was my first 100k
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Off Topic, Parts N Stuff, General, XC/Enduro, NSW Night Rider thread
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Issues surrounding trail advocacy and the lack of recognised MTB trails around the Northern Beaches

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Bugger me with a broomstick! What the hell is with all these early (or late for that matter) 30 somethings willingly including themselves in a "Vets" category :eek::eek::eek:

I thought it was a typo when I saw Vets in a race described as >30...

Well... guess I'd better join in then :( but old age is sure not an excuse I'll be using for a long time yet ;)

How old are you? 33

What state do you live? ACT

How long have you been riding? MTB 2 years, dirtbikes since I was 3

Whats styles of riding do you do? Slow, XC sorta stuff

How often do you ride? Realistically once a week, but plan to every day

Tell us about your bike/s? 2008 Scott Genius MC40. It was a runout deal bought in late '08 - I didn't know about 29'ers or I would have gone that route, being 193cm long.

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Not MTB related. Plenty on the dirtbike. MTB hurts less - much.

Do you compete and at what level? I was the last finisher in the 80km category at the Real MTB Cruise at Stromlo earlier this year. There were a lot of DNF's though, honest! Since then I have climbed to "just below average".
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Not sure, i just use the "new posts" link

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? The "why your trading access was denied" thread.

Last edited:

DeBloot

Feeling old
How old are you? 46 (bloody norah - that's confronting. Almost 50. F me!)

What state do you live? Upper Blue Mountains NSW

How long have you been riding? 3 years 7 months

Whats styles of riding do you do? XC hack work

How often do you ride? I try and get out 2-4 times a week, even if it's just for an hour

Tell us about your bike/s? My faithful old 05 Stumpy. Completely rebuilt to an all mountain spec with the best parts I can afford - right down to the shock linkage. Always um and ah about a frame upgrade.

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Oh god. I ripped my nuts open with my handle bars a few years ago. Got a pic of it that was censored by the mods.
And a spiral fracture of my collar bone that was my most painful injury ever - even more than the cags

Do you compete and at what level? Occasional enduro or team 24 hr at a low level.

Any cycling highights worth posting? Every time I clear that kicker at my local

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? I always just click new posts - what happened to 'todays posts' when the site changed. I like reading about everything

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Oh, don't start me. The wrapping in cotton wool of our technology addicted youth. Get out there and break your bones - it's good for you! :p

Last edited:

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
How old are you?
37​
What state do you live?
NSW​
Took up MTB in 2001, racing since 2006​
Endurance XC, Road​
How often do you ride?
6 Days a week, about 14-18hrs​
Cannondale 29er1 w X0 goodies
Cannondale 29er3 Singlespeed
Look 586 Roadie
Kona Jake the Snake Crosser​
Cracked Wrist
Cracked ribs
Broken Collarbone and Scapula
More bruises than I can count​
Elitish in XC Endurance Races (generally finish with 80% or so of the leaders laps or top 10% of a marathon field​
Discovering how much fun dual suspension bikes are after starting off on a hardtail
Discovering how much fun 29er hardtails are and ditching the dually!​
XC/Enduro
29er
General MTB
This one?​
People who take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously... its the Internet people... its not real :)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
How old are you? 35
What state do you live?NSW
How long have you been riding?3 and a half years
Whats styles of riding do you do?Mostly DH/FR but also the occassional xc
How often do you ride? If it were up to me, every day, but only once per week, if it were up to the wife, not at all :eek:
Tell us about your bike/s? DH/FR 06 Norco Shore 1, XC 07 Ironhorse MKIII Elite completely custom

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Shattered radius (wrist) into @20 pieces resulting in 4 months off the bike, now sporting a Ti plate and screws

Do you compete and at what level? Not yet but would like to try
Any cycling highights worth posting? Any ride finished without crashing :eek:
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? General/Parts and stuff/Downhill/Freeride/Phat Snaps/Off topic - Photo Snob Thread/Kentlyn thread/Phat vids/PYR/For Sale
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Gen Y. They think they're shit hot, but have much to learn

tumble

Likes Dirt
Cheers mods.. I look forward to seeng where this all leads....
For those who care, I am as follows:

How old are you? 32'ish
What state do you live? QLD
How long have you been riding? seriously 4 years. Plus BMX as an teen & motos on & off since teens.
Whats styles of riding do you do? at the moment DH only
How often do you ride? 2 or 3 days a month
Tell us about your bike/s? well specced Morewood Izimu
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Nothing worth crying about, although I've been lucky not too since starting racing.
Do you compete and at what level? Sport in Sunshine Series 09 & Vets in 2010(although had a major mechanical failure [ie; broken frame] in practice leading to a DNS in rd1 & missing rd2 without a bike)
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Downhill, General MTB, Trading, Sunshine Series

jumpers

Likes Dirt
How old are you? 40
What state do you live? nsw central coast
How long have you been riding? rode in my teens pre suspension, recently 5 yrs
Whats styles of riding do you do? mainly dh but also xc , bmx/pump tracks
How often do you ride? go xc 3 nites per week, dh all wkend
Tell us about your bike/s? Giant Glory, Giant Anthem , Kona stuff
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? got stiches 5mm frm my d..k due mtb accident
Do you compete and at what level? done few state races
Any cycling highights worth posting? started dh at 36 and am still alive today
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? dh,general,off topic
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? dont like crowds in the surf........thats why joined mtb crew!

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
How old are you?
What state do you live?
NSW
for ever, MTB's since 1988
What styles of riding do you do?
XC/Trail/DH/any
How often do you ride?
at least once a week, sometime maybe 4 times
have had heaps of Coves but down to one now, Cove Foreplay. others Specialized Enduro, Spesh Demo 7, Santa Cruz Blur 4X
plenty of small ones plus broken shoulder/collar bone 4 times, surgery twice
some club XC racing, used to race club and state DH, some team events
Any cycling highlights worth posting?
any ride is a good ride!! rode in lots of places, UK, France, Spain, Italy, USA, Central America, Cuba, Canada, Thailand, Singapore, Malasia, Bali, Oz.... NSW State Masters DH champ '05
wanted, xc, turgid thread!!
not 'gone off' for a while, although i do enjoy releasing the 'wrath of sarcasm' every now and again! biggest form of annoyance usually comes from other peoples intolorance to something, racism, taking life too seriously etc

Last edited: