Formula One world championship

pretendingtoride

Likes Bikes
Bias doesn't come into it. With the Beeb we got a great pre-race programme with DC, Eddie Jordan and Jake Humphreys that was packed full of interviews, gossip and technical info. No advertising breaks whatsoever, Good commentary from Brundle and DC. Great news coverage on the net and that iconic theme. One HD is stacked full of way too many adverts - and always the same bastarding ones too. I refuse to ever use Shannons, Brut or Ashley and Martin hair witch-doctors out of sheer spite! Their fallback commentary is amateurish at best and tbh, if you live out in the sticks and don't get ONE HD you've got to wait till the middle of the night to watch the races - something that shits me to tears when I'm working out west.

That said, Foxtel is a rip-off and I'd be hard pushed to fork out for a satellite dish, box and subscription when I live in a rental unit and watch so little TV that I've not already downloaded to view in my own time. Online broadcasts through F1.com are the way to go - especially now we're finally getting decent speed limit-free download plans from ISPs
I agree to all of the above. The one had commentators are terrible, the same for moto gp too. I've never used f1 online though..

Re: the tv license, the bbc is worth every penny. A great tv and radio service that I'm happy to pay for. If the terrestrial tv stations here were half as good I'd pay for them too, but they are just terrible when it comes to creativity and the likes.... In my opinion at least.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Anyway, as for the race itself. What an absolute cracker! It was an horrendous race for Button, true enough and my early predictions about Mercedes seem to have been ill-founded as they were just terrible today however after the restart it was just game on and Sergio Perez and Bruno Senna were surprisingly the best drivers out there. My heart was in my mouth for the last 10 laps and I was crushed when Perez ran wide. In fact, I'm still a bit dubious about that incident as it was pretty bloody soon after his team told him ""Checo be careful, we need this position. Be careful." (or in other words "don't piss off our engine supplier. We need all the financial help we can get")

That did seem to be no more subtle a message than Webber and Massa have received in the past in previous Team Orders controversies and he was 'lucky' to not lose it too much and drop down a position but then, I am a little bit cynical when it comes to Ferrari so it might just be bad luck.

Anyway, it's just started on Ten so I might stay up and watch it again!

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Awaits dozer to berate me.
........I don't need to say anything about the result, it speaks for itself. ;)
Fernando got it right when he said it doesn't change shit. It reminded me of Spain in 1996 when Schu has gotten into a Ferrari and won in trying conditions in a car that shouldn't be winning just yet. Alonso is a cool cat (with an atrocious temper!) that has undeniable skill in a car. He was almost bettered by a charging Perez who had so many reasons to not pass the Ferrari and once again the skeptic in me saw it as a black and white order to put him in the limelight for a lot of things. That aside, Perez did a fantastic job and provided some amazing viewing and totally drove that car to perfection. Senna was very impressive, Maldonado was again on it and Vergne (my new mate ;) ) did the STR boys proud.
Bernie, get the sprinklers happening for every race, that one was a cracker!

Plow King

Little bit.
So pissed missed the race I saw Yoyo the red flag and then the end when I got home I downloaded the race. So I will each from the restart when I get home from the gym. Ps I still only have $60 in the account for tipping. Old shagger I ppmd u my account details and pm me if you want paypal details. I propose the cut off prior to the next f1 race otherwise people gain too much of an advantage. Gives you a couple of weeks. And if you can't make it for financial, medical reasons or both obviously there will be exceptions.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
soon

reminder time to get your tipping hats on soon ladies AND gents.....
What a ripper start to the season....who to pick?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Myself and wifey are still going but are yet to pay into the slush fund...............

What are your thoughts on Bahrain? I want to see a race but don't want to see the F1 circus support a country that is backwards enough to chuck molotovs at each other over a bloody book.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Myself and wifey are still going but are yet to pay into the slush fund...............

What are your thoughts on Bahrain? I want to see a race but don't want to see the F1 circus support a country that is backwards enough to chuck molotovs at each other over a bloody book.
Ditch it. It's a boring circuit, the country's leaders are arseholes, they insist on the very anti-climactic spraying of rose-water instead of champagne at the victory celebration and they cover the grid girls with more clothing than an Eskimo wife after the boxing day sales. Also seeing as Bernie and the FIA can't go a week without touting another potential new GP location (Argentina is the latest one, I think) we could probably do with getting rid of some of the deadwood to make room in the schedule.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
in

i just put picks in and wifey will tonite. I still owe ya cashola - havent forgotten, just havent got to it as yet- i am slack.

Bahrain - no way i say as i do not want people/protesters getting hurt because a race is held there-its not worth it.... and the rose water.... pfft!!!

How hard is it picking top 10 now as there is to many potentials this year with williams, lotus, sauber and the torro boys all pushing upwards....

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like a lot of hard work.

Ill have a beer and forget. I've told myself over and over, picks in one hour before quali!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hamilton finished quickest in a soggy P1 in China. The forecast is for similar conditions most of the weekend. Fuck yeah! This could mean another Ferrari win! ;)