Formula One world championship

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'm hoping it's pissing down at the start of the race and they red-flag it for half an hour as I'm off to work and my flight gets into Perth 20 min before race start. There's no way I can get from the airport to the hotel in 20 min!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Argh I forgot to put in my picks again..

Great race though.... happy for Rosberg, all I cared at the end was that webber finished ahead of vettel.

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
Sad to see Schumacher retire after that pit stop, would love to see him back up on the podium again. Awesome result for Rosberg! ! Redbull did well despite their qualifying results. ferrari seems to be having problem after problem and no doubt there would be a lot of questions arising around Masa's lack of performance

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
i love that i tipped Rosberg for the pole and win in Aus and Mal and both times he threw it away. this time i went with another choice.... doh!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Another great race with a great result! I'm spewing that Schu didn't get to shine but he'll get there and that should shut the ridiculous so called "F1 experts" up claiming that he isn't that good. You stupid fools............
I understand the commentary has to be informative and interesting but the support Brundle shows for Hamilton in any situation shits me. Near the end of the race when he was under pressure from Vettel after passing him and clearly weaved on the main straight Brundle says "Oh its okay to do that because he was trying to break the draft". Whatever! Hamilton questions why he gets penalized quite often and then does that sort of stuff? Pffft! He did pull off some great passes and did get a good result but still shows his agro too much.
As for my picks in the tipping comp? Fuck it...........I got smoked.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Highlight def had to be Webber attempting take off..Red Bull gives you wings?

Webber.jpg

Aside from that it was good to see Rosberg get a win, amazing Vettel managed 5th from 11th, I'm glad Webber got past him! Championship is wide open this year!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Why is it always Webber flying? He has had some crazy shit happen to him in cars! Remember his Leman flip! Faaaaaaaarrrrk!

For what its worth, I'm sticking with Vettel as my pick for 2012 world champion. ;)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Flight got in early. No traffic in Perth so I actually got to see the start of the race - not that anything exciting happened. Had to wait a while before things got interesting but it was definitely worth it!

The icing on the cake is that I've won a bottle of single malt from my dad as Mercedes have finally managed to grab a win!

Oh and Dozer, most 'experts' don't claim that Schumacher isn't or wasn't any good.

People just think he's a dick. ;)

wombat

Lives in a hole
People just think he's a dick. ;)
Maybe he's just got me fooled, but I'm starting to buy the cruisey "I'm here because I want to drive the car" attitude. I'd kinda like to see him dominate and then in interviews just continue the "meh, what of it?".

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So Bernies at it again.

Now I try to take everything the evil little wanker says with a pinch of salt but he's really got to me after reading this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17738493

Basically it's about the Grand Prix of the Americas being in doubt for next year but near the bottom he's dropped the bombshell (well, it was the first i'd heard) that they maybe looking at making f***ing Spa a bi-annual event to allow for a return of the French Grand Prix.

By all means I'm all for letting the French back into the fold. They've got a richer motor racing heritage than almost any other nation but he can't do it at the expense of the greatest circuit on the calender - especially when he's hellbent on keeping (the admittedly lucrative for the wee tosser) Bahrain GP when it's now a symbol of tyranny, terror, tedium and teetotalism!

Then again he's been threatening to get rid of Silverstone for years and always backs down so I'm not going to go look out my mourning clothes just yet...

nskz

Likes Dirt
If spa goes I hope Bernie gets beaten with a bag of dicks, seriously....bi-annual...they should race the bloody place twice in the season! As you say it the best track on the calendar, has one of the richest histories...Monza, Spa, Silverstone and Monaco are the only saviors these days amongst a clusterfuck of Tilker designed bore fests. End of the day it's all about money, his daughter obviously needs another $100million house.

Plow King

Little bit.
And his daughters attrociously expensive wedding. Wtf. I hope they saved sex for marriage and her new husband premjacked all up in her sugarwalls and now she has to deal with a premjacking husband for the next 2 years until she has her next 7 figure wedding.

Too much?

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
Red Bull advisor Dr Helmut Marko told Servus TV on Tuesday: "We will go on with the Mark Webber car."

As for why Webber feels more comfortable in the updated car, Marko added: "Mark is less sensitive to the [car's] behaviour. He just needs four wheels, but it's different for Vettel."

this is reference to the different exhausts used last wend..... Interesting statement from Marko........

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hope the New York race goes ahead, I'm frigging well planning on going to it! I agree POSM, Bahrain shouldn't be considering for a race with the crap that is going on. If one person associated with the F1 event is injured because of some bomb chucking psycho there'll be hell to pay and who will be blamed? Bernie and his cohorts! Piss the event off.
Of interest, I noted that they will include the 6km track at Bahrain with the tighter sector two instead of the previous open section. I'm all for it, the section is rough and makes the drivers do the work.

wombat

Lives in a hole
The Belgium/french deal has been on the cards since last year. Personally I reckon paul-ricard can't come back fast enough, but it'd better not be spa that moves to accomodate it.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk