Formula One world championship

driftking

Wheel size expert
yeah redbull lockout. Webber had a pretty poor run too, locked up and went wide still only .251 back off vettel, going on these times it looks like redbull should take this one, I think webber has a good chance here of winning, I guess it just depends if he can get it together and be consistent, although vettel didn't need to try too hard for his time either. Looking forward to this one tomorrow.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So Vergne gets a three place penalty for slowing Senna's lap. Vettel impedes Alonso's run in Q3 and gets awarded pole. I hope Webber drills him into the fuckng sand for that effort.

akashra

Eats Squid
This BS of "whaaaa, someone got in my way" during qualifying has to stop.

You had 10 freaking minutes to do a lap, that's 6 clean laps. Tough luck if someone else was on the track at a time that didn't suit you.

driftking

Wheel size expert
The problem with senna is he just aborts the lap, looking at the footage yes he was slowed a little but he wasn't slowed so much to destroy his lap completely, he wouldn't have got pole but he probably would have gotten higher up that ladder and if not he would have been able to keep on another Lap.
His just screwing himself out of 2 laps.

I think the penalty is fair but at the same time senna needs to just finish his lap in that situation it wasn't a major thing.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I think engine restrictions should be abolished altogether. Give them 80L of fuel, and that's it. That's your engine restriction right there.
Screw it lets just abolish restrictions and give them all x-2010's
Don't worry about the fact if the car can be built it can't be driven due to the g-force but damn it would be amazing to see X-2010 raced.

For those who don't know what it is here
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3Nq7CKYaR...0/TR7G0nSjZ9c/s1600/x2010-red-bull-live-2.jpg
^wouldnt let me embed it.^
Another page with a video with redbull designing the body and information.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/others/2012-red-bull-x2010-ar102912.html

From what I have seen while the car was designed for a ps3 game they actually went through the design structure to develop a real car hence the Life size model picture above.Not sure how they came about the engine didn't actually see any proper design for this. They didn't build the engine but in theory They gave it a twin turbo 3.0L puts out 1483hp
0-100 in 1.4 (hits 8.75G's hence undriveable)

They designed a unlimited car using all the wind tunnels and everything, it's pretty impressive and a legit body of a possible car. Though as I Said the engine seems a little impossible Ahah.
But sh*t I want to see a race with some.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
It's the Red Bull X1. It was designed by Adrian Newey for GT5, under the restrictions "there are no restrictions". So he built a ground-effect, gas-turbine car. Lap times are approximately 1m04s around both Suzuka and the Nurburgring.

Unfortunately the model above is just a shell, it's not a driveable car. A driveable car hasn't ever yet been produced, everything so far is just concept and simulation.
The idea was bandied around some time ago that there was room for an X1 pilot series, the format being time-trial only though. You simply could not race these things - the slighest bump or aero disturbance and they're off in the gravel, and it would rarely stop there. Ripplestrips become ice. But yeah, the idea was that maybe four to six manufacturers would develop their own car based on these rules ("no rules"), and drivers would get two two-lap sprints.
Ultimately it never went ahead for two reasons - and cost surprisingly wasn't one of them:
- Safety of track marshalls - because debris flying at someone at 500km/h wasn't seen as ideal and
- Safety of drivers - because in order to achieve >500km/h on straights and 300km/h through corners, the manufacturing issues with the car essentialy meant manufacturers would be sacrificing driver safety in things like impact damnpening - it was all but gauranteed that any crash would mean the death of the pilot.
[video=youtube;dmtehAZVDUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmtehAZVDUY&t=180[/video]
Skip to 3:00 for race run.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yeah they only have the life size model of the shell.
It would be amazing to see one actually into production.
I like how they didn't just build a random car they actually created it with the technology. Of course real world results could be different but it's awesome that they went into it and made it actually achievable. Given not drive able.

Anyway back on topic.
F1 this Arvo, I just hope Bathurst has finished in Time, given after race time and before race for F1 I think I'll be fine :)

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This BS of "whaaaa, someone got in my way" during qualifying has to stop.

You had 10 freaking minutes to do a lap, that's 6 clean laps. Tough luck if someone else was on the track at a time that didn't suit you.
Pfft, whatever. Qualifying is so important and so much a part of the race. There is no excuse for ruining anyone else's lap regardless of how long the session is.

driftking

Wheel size expert
What a start!! Alonso out will make things interesting.
Grosjean is on the bottom of the drivers list now, he is such a crappy starter he messes up so many times on opening laps, that was so ridiculous with webber though. Maybe he needs another race ban. He won't learn.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grosjean is on the bottom of the drivers list now, he is such a crappy starter he messes up so many times on opening laps, that was so ridiculous with webber though. Maybe he needs another race ban. He won't learn.
By the sounds of things he was a pretty poor starter in GT as well, so I think learning is certainly off the cards.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Shit, by the sounds of the report I missed an interesting race. Also think I ballsed up my tips pretty bad. Not only did I forget Suzuka ran so early and miss quali, but other than Vettel I don't think I got a single tip right! :(

Plow, they did fix up my points from Singapore though it seems. Didn't get a message back or anything, but it definitely adds up now.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Shit, by the sounds of the report I missed an interesting race. Also think I ballsed up my tips pretty bad. Not only did I forget Suzuka ran so early and miss quali, but other than Vettel I don't think I got a single tip right! :(

Plow, they did fix up my points from Singapore though it seems. Didn't get a message back or anything, but it definitely adds up now.
10 has a reply tonight at 10:30

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The Girls did well in the tipping.... here the come....AHHH
They sure did, aside from my first ever round win in Superbru....they are flogging me!

Fuck you Lotus. I hope your cars start from the pitlane for the rest of the year and you only run into each other instead of everyone else on the grid. What a pair of fuck ups you were on lap one in Japan.