Formula One world championship

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah if that works. I messaged superbru at the time, I'll see if they have anyway to fix.
It'd just be the two points too, I'm honest enough to say I had planned to pick Vettel for pole if I had the option. Stupid redbull and their counter-foxing!

PS: Visited Le mans yesterday; drove Mulsanne straight, didn't flip. Dissapointing.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Inhad that issue a few rounds ago.

Bloody pain in the ass!

Picked Vettel too. Thought is was a sure thing after practice results!!!!

akashra

Eats Squid
I hate to say it, but that move by Webber on Grosjean might need to see him take a penalty - the whole "running people out of track" thing :(

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Maybe Hamilton's broken fuel gauge wrapped itself on his tail shaft? ;) I feel for the guy, he had it made last night. I also feel bad for Maldonado, he was on it. I thought about the grid all of yesterday and could see the old Maldonado and Hamilton first corner shindig being a doosey but it fizzled!
It's safe to say I suck at Superbru tipping but you guys do too as the girls are starting to win the round!!!! They claimed the top two steps this round!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Didn't get to see the race but it sounded like a cracker!

Anyway, that's it. i think the seasons over. Might as well give the WDC to that angry, bobble-headed spaniard and be done with it. F***ing Mclaren and their shitey mechanical issues. Worse than my Falcon, I tell ya! :rolleyes:

Given the pace of the Red Bull, I just can't see Vettel winning enough races to overtake Alonso. Button could maybe but then Mclaren have to give him a car that can finish a race.

So another Alonso WDC coupled with the hideous nose cones on all cars bar Mclaren and Marussia, and I think we are looking at The. Worst. Season. Ever.

Anyway I'm glad I got that off my chest. If anybody needs me, I'll be in my sad place.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Mark has been nowhere since he re-signed with Red Bull.....
I was thinking the same thing. He admitted yonks ago that this car is better for him than the previous year but the tyres are still not floating his boat. As for his penalty, I wonder if he was on a warning from his Saturday effort? To me, his pass on KK was pretty clean and on the track.
POSM, this one ain't done yet. Think of 2010 when a handful of guys were a good chance of getting the title then come Korea it went tits up for a few! The old cat Alonso plays for one trophy and that is his focus from day dot.
Good to see Ricciardo grab some points, if only his team mate could have done the same. I reckon Schu may have done his dash with that one, he missed that marker by a good ten metres!

akashra

Eats Squid
I was thinking the same thing. He admitted yonks ago that this car is better for him than the previous year but the tyres are still not floating his boat. As for his penalty, I wonder if he was on a warning from his Saturday effort? To me, his pass on KK was pretty clean and on the track.
If anything, KK should have been the one penalised for not leaving any room.

No consistency at all in these stewards decisions.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought the Singapore race was ok...can't say I was that interested in it considering Webber's strategy didn't go to plan and he wasn't a chance of winning! I hate to say it but the championship is starting to slide away from him unless something drastic happens!

Alonso still seems the one to beat...however I wouldn't put it past Vettel to hunt him down and pip him at the post!

I really would love to see Raikkonen win a race...i doun't think he has the car under him to win the championship though!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd like to see the Lotus win but I'm sick of reading how good the car is. If it was that good, it would've won or at least gotten pole somewhere. Maybe a new pit strategist will help..............

driftking

Wheel size expert
It was much easier to blame redbull when webber had issues but now it's just getting too hard. Thefar works, vettel makes it work why can't webber.
He did get unlucky in Singapore if he managed to hold out till saftey car he would have been up well up there. But he just can't put together the speed.
Odd thing is he seems to be able to do fast laps but is t consistant enough.
It seems after the 2010 season he hasn't pulled it back.
I still blame vettel for webber loosing the season after that ridiculous move in turkey where he blantly turned into webber.
I'm only just letting to of the vettel hate now aha.

The lotus seems to only live upto the hype in the hot whether, It's probably talked up due to the massive improvements, I can't see it been any better than the Ferrari or redbull, although renult seems to have less issues and seem to be very together this season reliability wise.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I can't agree with you on the Vettel and Webber in Turkey thing. I reckon they both played an equal part in that brawl. Webber hung him out too long and Vettel came across too soon.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I can't agree with you on the Vettel and Webber in Turkey thing. I reckon they both played an equal part in that brawl. Webber hung him out too long and Vettel came across too soon.
But Webber having racing line and it was just a out braking to the corner situation, webber was hanging him out cant deny that, but it is all fair play on webbers side. Vettel cutting in was pretty poor judgement, he should have really pulled up or gone a little later on the brakes or at least tried something that while risky wasn't a bluntly obvious lack of judgement.

I agree they both played a part but in terms of how it unfolded, webber was just doing hard defensive racing all within reason. Vettel made a poor decision, not only on a team mate but one who was leading in points. It wasn't a late braking or a lack of traction or something that comes down to fair racing accident. He clearly came straight across it was shockingly poor judgement on his part.

m2c though, each to their own