First Waltly frame

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Another Waltly thread to remind me I want Waltly to copy a Funk Cycles La Ruta Mas Mas for me. Should probably include pedal assist.

That thing wouldn't have bugger all anti-squat by the look of the pivot (flex?) point location.

beeb

Are you going to notice on 4” tyres and a platform sock? Maybe lockout. Ooooh lapierre e:i grafted across
Chances are good it'll wallow like crazy. Not saying don't get one made - just maybe move the pivot/flex point up near the chainline if you can. Also have a look on their Ali page - if it's the frames I'm thinking of the connection to the shock on those frames at the seatstay end looks horrific.

I like Waltly a lot, but would really want to do my homework before ordering a dual-susp as I suspect it isn't really their strong suit. They'll make what you ask of them if they can, but they're in no way knowledgeable on/trying to optimise suspension design.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Chances are good it'll wallow like crazy. Not saying don't get one made - just maybe move the pivot/flex point up near the chainline if you can. Also have a look on their Ali page - if it's the frames I'm thinking of the connection to the shock on those frames at the seatstay end looks horrific.

I like Waltly a lot, but would really want to do my homework before ordering a dual-susp as I suspect it isn't really their strong suit. They'll make what you ask of them if they can, but they're in no way knowledgeable on/trying to optimise suspension design.
I’m only dreaming atm anyway, it’s a pipe dream. Would really have to have the design settled before you even approach Waltly for a first stab at it.

One day. Tick all the boxes in one go.

Ti. Fat. FS. Ebike.

beeb

I’m only dreaming atm anyway, it’s a pipe dream. Would really have to have the design settled before you even approach Waltly for a first stab at it.

One day. Tick all the boxes in one go.

Ti. Fat. FS. Ebike.
Well, they do offer a Bosch eBike motor mount nowadays I believe... ;)

beeb

Yeah. That article doesn't really say there's anything wrong with using Ti for a dually - just that it's expensive and hard to work with. Hardly anything newsworthy there then...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Meh, I reckon Ti and duallies go alright together.

At the risk of sounding hideously pedantic that's got a alloy rear triangle yeah? Which means it's kinda reinforcing the point the article was making.

Whatever, sweet looking bike (Titus Rockstar?)

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
At the risk of sounding hideously pedantic that's got a alloy carbon rear triangle yeah? Which means it's kinda reinforcing the point the article was making.

Whatever, sweet looking bike (Titus Rockstar?)
FTFY, Yes and yes.

Titus didn't actually make these, some other small bit Murican outfit with some Ti experiance welded these jobbies up, thankfully, because by this stage in proceedings Titus (or their offshore builders) couldn't weld anything straight, so many El Guapos returned and then the replacements were all misaligned, it really was the death kneal for them.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
FTFY, Yes and yes.

Titus didn't actually make these, some other small bit Murican outfit with some Ti experiance welded these jobbies up, thankfully, because by this stage in proceedings Titus (or their offshore builders) couldn't weld anything straight, so many El Guapos returned and then the replacements were all misaligned, it really was the death kneal for them.
Ah, disappointing. I don't know much about the demise of Titus beyond once Chris Cocalis departed they went south pretty quickly. They made some cool looking bikes.
What happened to the enablers code of conduct?
Go get a Lynskey. Now. I'll wait here.