Electric Vehicles etc

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Where I live now and my regular drives, it'd probably be fine. But where I grew (Brunswick West, VIC). It's very polite to only say FUCK THAT! It's hard to keep up with indicating using your left hand and the stalk while palm-steering with the right hand in places, let alone trying to chase buttons round the steering wheel while working nearly lock-to-lock and back again! o_O
No need to indicate when you're doing eight circuits

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Tesla will have to compete with BYD, it might not be why they are discounting further, but I reckon it's why they are pushing FSD. People are definitely buying the Seal over the Model 3.

I didn't know this until I saw the post:
Edit: post not coming over from Elonville. Says BYD has more R&D people than the rest of the industry combined and has a video of some suspension tech.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Still chalked off the list, partly because of Musk, partly his obsequious arse-licking fanbois, but also we don't really like the look of them.

And Musk spoiled twitter.
You don't reckon the new Model 3 looks heaps better or would you only be in the market for the Y? I'm not a big fan of the look of the Y esp after the new 3 hit the shelves, but if I was going for an SUV it's a better car than others so the features would outweigh looks for me.

Musk is a jerk but Tesla has changed the automotive landscape. Why buy an inferior product from a manufacturer who resisted making EV's until Tesla forced them to? The only manufacturer close to Tesla on EV promotion is BYD but even they started as a petrol and hybrid company.

The rest all said fuck EV's for at least 10 years, and used social media to disparage electric vehicles unfairly, but behind the mask of think tanks and industry associations, at least Musk owns his shitfuckery.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It's transport, who gives a fuck who did what first. If you did then you'd ride a Specialized.
I give a fuck because if that company is still actively pushing the envelope on EV adoption then I'm down for supporting that. And also because they did it first and are still pushing the tech development, that means that they're simply the best EVs at present.

The twitter shit irks me, but no one is any one thing. But I don't know the guy, so am not going to think too hard about what his motivations might be...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's transport, who gives a fuck who did what first. If you did then you'd ride a Specialized.
Nice apples and oranges comparison there.

EV's are 60% less lifecycle emissions and Tesla cars have never burnt petrol. It's not just that they did it first, it's also that they did it properly.

No he doesn't. Musk has banned countless profiles (typically journalists) who dare criticise him in any way, while still proclaiming he's a bastion of free speech.
I more meant he's a cunt and we all know it and he doesn't care that we know it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Good looking car, would be nice to have a clean option to get rid of that wing, a bit too fast n Furious :rolleyes:

Wing mirrors are different and good to see they have reduced the amount of time they could squeeze in the 'BYD' logo on the exterior, looks like the standard 1 front and 1 back.

IMG_1638-1536x864.jpg

IMG_1636-1536x864.jpg