Electric Vehicles etc

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another video showing how not to charge an electric car, in a situation that favours the ICE car (long highway trips) and would only be the 1% of the type of driving that the majority of us do.
They need to compare the ICE vs EV with a week of around town driving and commuting, with the EV being charged from home, which is the majority of our annual drive time.
Not a single mention of the fact the 740i is a mild hybrid lol. Or that most BMWs have 5yrs of free charging using the charge fox network.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Not a single mention of the fact the 740i is a mild hybrid lol. Or that most BMWs have 5yrs of free charging using the charge fox network.
I wouldn't have known if you didn't say it. I can't imagine the 7 not having the charging deal or if an option, the buyer not taking it.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't have known if you didn't say it. I can't imagine the 7 not having the charging deal or if an option, the buyer not taking it.
7 has the 5 years, only the iX1 has a smaller subscription period. All other BMWi vehicles currently have 5 years unlimited km chargefox subscriptions.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Picking up pace with likely EV purchase here; girlfriend is now keener on the MG4 XPower because "it's the fastest." Bless. Downsides are a fairly crap range and it looks a bit weird, plus I don't anything about the new Chinese MGs. For the money I'm guessing they're sitting closer to Great Wall rather than Polestar in terms of quality?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Picking up pace with likely EV purchase here; girlfriend is now keener on the MG4 XPower because "it's the fastest." Bless. Downsides are a fairly crap range and it looks a bit weird, plus I don't anything about the new Chinese MGs. For the money I'm guessing they're sitting closer to Great Wall rather than Polestar in terms of quality?
Yes. BYD is leader of the pack for build quality and battery tech, followed by Volvo/Polestar. If she wants fast a second hand I-pace or Model S is the way to go.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
got back on saturday from a road trip to melbourne down the princes highway. quick calc says $230 on superchargers for 2600 km, so not bad but you could do better on an efficient small car. keep in mind superchargers are almost 3x home charge costs. never had to wait for a spot, most places we were the only ones there and never more than one other car despite the long runs being done on the weekends during holidays. the charger at berry was odd - away from town in a vineyard and would be very isolated after hours, got half the advertised speed. luckily only a 10 minute top up.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes. BYD is leader of the pack for build quality and battery tech, followed by Volvo/Polestar. If she wants fast a second hand I-pace or Model S is the way to go.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
BYD Seal Performance (3.8/100)/Volvo EX 30 Twin Motor (3.6/100)?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Here is something for all to enjoy

View attachment 406495
Balls. Well, let’s see how they handle it and what the problem ends up being…

This is where a company can prosper or fail. All cars have faults and no model is exempt from shit going wrong - the key is in how they’re handled.

Good examples are Fiat Chrysler hanging Jeep (and Alfa… grr) owners out to dry, or Hyundai going all out to keep customers happy. One of these companies sells a shit tonne more cars here than the other!!