Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

moorey

call me Mia
$2900 originally with Eagle.... That'd be NX at "best", which along with the even worse SX, anyone in their right mind would only touch with explosives....
Indeed. In the thread, he talks about a rear frame upgrade (WTF?), though it’s how it came new from the shop. It kinda sounds like some dodgy shop lied about a heap of upgrades and charged him $4000 with imaginary items. Even if so, riding it for 8 months then asking what he paid for it is super douche.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
$2900 originally with Eagle.... That'd be NX at "best", which along with the even worse SX, anyone in their right mind would only touch with explosives....
i beg to differ, adds nx 500 + cranks 200 [combo price seems to be 520]
gets rid of deore in the meantime, adds 800 to new price...oops he just dropped price by 400, over to bargain buys thread then

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You know what... I'm all good with that ad. At least he (I'm assuming it's a he, but it seems a pretty safe bet all things considered...) is honest about what it is.

I've seen so many of these just given a wash and then get the "alwaays miticuloussly maintaaind and carfully drivin. owner is a meckanic. if u no yore holdens youll no this is a rare car and will only go up in value".

moorey

call me Mia
You know what... I'm all good with that ad. At least he (I'm assuming it's a he, but it seems a pretty safe bet all things considered...) is honest about what it is.

I've seen so many of these just given a wash and then get the "alwaays miticuloussly maintaaind and carfully drivin. owner is a meckanic. if u no yore holdens youll no this is a rare car and will only go up in value".
You may be right. It’s just soooo Ballarat.

beeb

You may be right. It’s just soooo Ballarat.
Oh shit yeah. I love the matching fashions too. Shorts, thongs, a skate-shoe brand hoodie, premix beam and coke in a stubbie holder, missing 5 teeth and a bad goatee (all in "feels like -5°C" weather despite the ambient air temp being 18 degrees). Bonus points for Dad's blinged-out Kenworth and a old fibro fishing boat that hasn't seen water for 15 years parked in the driveway behind the Commodore too.

Bogans be bogans, there's just a lot of them in Ballarat. Jokes aside, most of them are actually good honest people - they just like booze, V8's, dirtbikes and burnt rubber. Can you imagine what a V8 dirtbike that runs on methanol entered into a burnout competition would do to them? Total bogasm!

PJO

in me vL comy
Didn't know weather to put it here or in bargain buys but I don't think anyone should be able to buy one, but as a bonus he has the chair to go with it.
View attachment 379934
The inserted end on that thing looks huge, and the cable seems to be very long :eek:
I'm hoping that is just a perspective thing...

beeb

Wtf is a manualised auto.
It is actually a thing.

It takes a (hydraulic) automatic transmission and replaces the valve-body that controls automatic shifting with one that is setup to only engage the gear you "manually" select with the shifter. It's normally accompanied by other internal mods in the transmission to increase the line pressures to deliver maximum pressure to the clutch pack of the gear selected.

In essence, it holds the gear selected no matter what (doesn't allow the transmission to over-ride the selected gear and shift up/down), and selects the chosen gear with much more clamping force on the clutch packs so they don't try to soften the shift by engaging slowly or lightly with some slip. This prevents burn out of the clutch-packs when you're pumping more power than standard through the trans, typically in a drag-racing application (or just abusing it doing skids, lol).

They grab gears real fast and hard, so there's very little break in power delivery unlike road-tuned autos. They're fun on the upshift, but sketchy when downshifting (particularly into 1st) as they feel like your diff has just seized for a moment.

The thing the puzzles me with this particular car, is (judging from the body-shape) it would've had a electronically controlled transmission from factory. I think you can get aftermarket controllers for them in theory, but I reckon it's just had a different transmission swapped in.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
At least you still have your TH. My wife used to live in Preston - a trip to Norflands shopping centre car park late night was always an adventure.
Try living in Port Adelaide back in the day. We were on the waterfront and on certain nights there was a group of Falcons that used to do synchronised circle work in one of the dusty lots near our place, plus frequent visits from Police helicopters with infrared thingys looking for heat signatures from hydroponic grow stashes in all the abandoned sheds / warehouses. We even had a fishing trawler sink 20-30m down the road thanks to a bit of insurance shonk.

As a 19 year old this was all pretty excellent really.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Try living in Port Adelaide back in the day. We were on the waterfront and on certain nights there was a group of Falcons that used to do synchronised circle work in one of the dusty lots near our place, plus frequent visits from Police helicopters with infrared thingys looking for heat signatures from hydroponic grow stashes in all the abandoned sheds / warehouses. We even had a fishing trawler sink 20-30m down the road thanks to a bit of insurance shonk.

As a 19 year old this was all pretty excellent really.
Have a guy at work that went to Woodville High, says Port Adelaide was the classy side of the place.......

It is actually a thing.

The thing the puzzles me with this particular car, is (judging from the body-shape) it would've had a electronically controlled transmission from factory. I think you can get aftermarket controllers for them in theory, but I reckon it's just had a different transmission swapped in.
Much like the Good Ol' Ford 9 inch diff, the GM 4L60 box has been around for so long there is bugger all you can't do to them. They started life as the Turbo 700 in 1982 and was only made electronic in 1997 (4L60e) in time for that car. Twenty something years of performance fiddling doesn't leave much left unfiddled.

/nerd