dope

S.

ex offender
ITHe gateway argument is a deeply flawed one. It can easily be countered by comparing it to alcohol: Is a glass or two of wine when you're 14 likely to end up with you in a St Kilda doorway drinking methylated spirits and masturbating at passing commuters?
Haven't laughed that hard in a while.... ahh my jaw still hurts.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
When I was younger, although smoking pot, was strongly opposed to amphetamines and it took many years before I tried pills - and that was a big effort in itself.

I think the gateway tag comes from timing and suitability. It's generally the most accessible drug for young people, the most social in acceptance and the act of sharing a smoke, and most suitable for social situations at a younger age.

Most people cant handle, or don't want to be stoned when they are out in a nightclub, so they move to amphetamines. I don't know anyone else who can deal with a dance club when they are stoned.

For a couple of years, I hardly drank. Took pills most weekends, and was far better behaved, spent less money, had a great time, connected with people like never before, experienced music like never before. We had a much better experience on pills than alcohol - for a while. Gets to be too much for your brain after a bit.

/end jabbering on about shit.

Last edited:

axertes

Likes Dirt
THe gateway argument is a deeply flawed one. It can easily be countered by comparing it to alcohol: Is a glass or two of wine when you're 14 likely to end up with you in a St Kilda doorway drinking methylated spirits and masturbating at passing commuters?
Agreed.

I was a pretty big pothead in my younger years (12-15), but since I was 15 I have only had a few puffs of a J every couple of months. I have never had E, goey, shrooms, or anything else harder. Fuck, I've never had codeine or Sudafed.

I am very curious about acid however.

RCOH

Eats Squid
I am very curious about acid however.
Acid is my drug of choice (my record being at least 2 trips a day for a fortnight), but if you are prone to paranoia after smoking pot then i would advise taking it. Bad Trips are not fun.

I stopped smoking weed because it made me think Seinfeld wasn't funny.

I have, however, been chemical free for a couple of years and would only get stoned once or twice a year. I think weed should be legalised and believe it is relatively harmless , despite my ex-girlfriend now being in a psych ward and one of my best friends whilst growing up is now severley emotionally & developmentally stunted. But they both had other issues affecting them before the drug use began.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
It's really wierd reading all these "gateway drug" stories. It is scary how ignorant and naive people are, believing all the bullshit and scaremongering.

If you want to get off your chops, you'll find something to do the job and that you enjoy taking. You'll start possibly with pot as it isn't as reality-altering as many other drugs, and then try others as you realise "Hey, this is OK!". If there was no pot, you'd just go straight for different drugs. For goodness sakes, alcohol is a drug, so is nicotine. You silly duffers who believe in gateway drug fairytales should look at what constitutes a drug and wake up to the fact that if you want to point a finger, it should be squarely pointed at alcohol. It is the drug most people do before others. Legal or not, a drug is a drug. If you're in Nepal smoking opium, is it no longer a drug?

axertes

Likes Dirt
Acid is my drug of choice (my record being at least 2 trips a day for a fortnight), but if you are prone to paranoia after smoking pot then i would advise taking it. Bad Trips are not fun.
Which is the reason I haven't tried it. That and fear of addiction. I'm pretty ignorant of its effects though.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Some people get 'addicted' to pot, even though it's not physically addictive.
correct me if i am wrong but isn't pot only addictive if smoked mixed with tobacco?

and for acid, i watched my mate do it maybe 3 -4 times and its fried his brain
he would of been looking at a high 80's enter score last year
and ended up with a 38?

so if your having doubts about lsd/acid its not the smartest drug out there

axertes

Likes Dirt
correct me if i am wrong but isn't pot only addictive if smoked mixed with tobacco?

and for acid, i watched my mate do it maybe 3 -4 times and its fried his brain
he would of been looking at a high 80's enter score last year
and ended up with a 38?

so if your having doubts about lsd/acid its not the smartest drug out there
- Note the differentiation between physically addictive and.. I don't know what you'd call non-physical addiction haha. Emotionally addictive? Anyway... so yes, 'smoking weed' would be physically addictive if smoked with tobacco because tobacco is physically addictive, even if the weed isn't.

- I do find it hard to believe that 3 or 4 Ts fucked your friend up. Or do you mean you saw him do it 3-4 times, and he was having heaps otherwise?

- Taking any drug that you have doubts about is probably a bad idea.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Some people get 'addicted' to pot, even though it's not physically addictive.
I would say it is habit forming rather than addiction causing.

That won't happen with acid, it is not that much fun or a state you would want to stay in for a long time.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
- I do find it hard to believe that 3 or 4 Ts fucked your friend up. Or do you mean you saw him do it 3-4 times, and he was having heaps otherwise?
That sort of attitude can be pretty dangerous when it comes to drugs. I still have an involuntary physical thing I do - a remnant of a rather massive Xmas of pills and coke. I lost it, and went to a stage I'd never been before, and the others had never seen anyone go to before. It was great, no problems, I enjoyed it very much while entertaining a few, and freaking a few out. But in the few times I took any amphets since then, I'd get those "flashbacks" and have the same reactions even though I'd hardly done anything.

I haven't taken anything A-grade for a long while. But it still happens when I smoke weed - although not as much, and it happens less as time goes on.

I was always a bit wary of acid, and after that experience I'm downright terrified of taking it, and have avoided at all costs. Could really do some damage. Some people are never the same again after acid, often in large, but sometimes small amounts.

That's why "Oh I doubt anyone could get fucked up off that amount" attitude can be dangerous. It can happen, it does happen. Hell, I can handle my stuff, and I'm too scared to take 1 trip. Bravado and a false sense of invincibility have been the downfall of many.

We'll see how my brain is when I return from Nederlands this Christmas....

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
it was like with most teenagers "experimenting" he wasn't "fucked" as such like he wasn't depending on it for its kicks, just fried his brain and killed alot of his many brain cells. its actualy sad watching friends waste their lifes with shit like this

That sort of attitude can be pretty dangerous when it comes to drugs.
...and it was that attitude that made him do it that few times, another mate did speed like once a week for a few weeks so again maybe 5-7 times and he has a heart condition now.

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know a man who took trips everyday (somethimes twice a day) for a solid year, and he's not so bad...manager of a Bob Jane T-mart (wont say where).

We chop up there after closing almost everyday too.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I know a man who took trips everyday (somethimes twice a day) for a solid year, and he's not so bad...manager of a Bob Jane T-mart (wont say where).

We chop up there after closing almost everyday too.
My grandfather worked in a mental hospital. He had patients there who were vegetables, schizophrenic or with a whole host of issues from drug use. There were people who were long term users of all the drugs mentioned here, there were people had had their minds permanentaly ravaged after one round, either from allergic reaction or using a drug cut with something strange.

A guy i used to know is currently in juvenile detention for violent assault. He was on the down side of an ice high. He was selling some drug (valium?), the guy who was buying took the money and wouldn't pay. The guy I knew went and stole a meat cleaver, found the thief and cut off half his hand. His life is now irreversibly changed.

If people want to use drugs it is their choice and I won't grudge them that. But it scares the hell out of me when people say "drug x has no long term effects" or "i know a guy who does drug x all the time and he turned out fine".