dope

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
Sorry Mr. soon to be a doctor with no real experience - I have real world experience, get off your horse mate...
When you go crying to him with gonorrhea he may be the one to prescribe you. But he also might switch the meds with oestrogen to counter-ballance the stupid ammounts of testosterone you percieve yourself to have

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
When you go crying to him with gonorrhea he may be the one to prescribe you. But he also might switch the meds with oestrogen to counter-ballance the stupid ammounts of testosterone you percieve yourself to have
Awww, don't be bitterbro :)

Graunched

Likes Dirt
hit up the fluids
Does absolutely nothing, according to a friend who is a chemist. Has something to do with THC being stored in fat cells.

I was under the impression that if you used a narcotic on the Friday (for example) then got on the water all weekend it would flush all of the traces out of your system by Monday. But apparently the liver doesn't work like that and no matter how much water you drink it will not speed up the filtering process.

Maybe Brisneyland can expand on that a little?

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Personally, I hope you fail the test. But that's just my opinion.
Marijuana is illegal, so why is it not frowned upon?
*opens can of worms*

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally, I hope you fail the test. But that's just my opinion.
Marijuana is illegal, so why is it not frowned upon?
*opens can of worms*
Perhaps because the general public view it as a drug that is near harmless especially when compared to other drugs such as cocaine etc.

Way off topic but is chewing tobaco still a big thing? Was it ever a common occurance to see people chewing in public way back when? I've personally never met, seen or even heard of someone doing it nowadays.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Perhaps because the general public view it as a drug that is near harmless especially when compared to other drugs such as cocaine etc.

Way off topic but is chewing tobaco still a big thing? Was it ever a common occurance to see people chewing in public way back when? I've personally never met, seen or even heard of someone doing it nowadays.
i know a few young guys doing it to be different. Even though pot isnt seen as a big threat it still can stuff quiet a few peoples lives up, most assume it cant or wont do anything. Still far from the truth.

Ryan

Radministrator
Chewing tobacco has never been big in Australia as far as I know and I'm almost certain that it's actually illegal to sell it.

On that topic; Snus! Look up Snus online. Snus is like a little teabag full of tobacco that you stick under your top lip. Popular in Scandinavia. Super fucking awesome. I don't even smoke but I'd do Snus all day! Lowest cancer risk of any tobacco product sold too.

Having recently done the Amsterdam thing and seen a society where cannabis use is legal (legal-ish anyway, Dutch laws, their enforcement and how that actually impact the general public would need a whole thread of their own) I can see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be that way everywhere in the world. Legalise it, tax is, provide outlets to purchase it. Policing it is an enormous waste of taxpayers money and police resources.

Last edited:

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
4 weeks is normally the time it becomes no longer in your system. although i have been hearing it stays in your hair for 3 months

skivi

Likes Dirt
if you chose to induce a substance which may have irreversible life long physical, social mental health effects does the often very short term positive really make the risk worthwhile?

Just because i choose to live my life drug free doesn't mean i think everyone else should, however, if you are tossing up whether to experiment with drugs why not at least do some proper research into the pros and cons then base your decision upon reputable sources not here-say or speculation, would you buy a Hyundai excel on the grounds the salesman simply heard it does the standing quarter in 7.0 flat?

And I, as a doctor (in 7 days anyway)
congratulations ben!

indica

Serial flasher
Tool

"I can't even begin to argue with such stupidity."
Why not? No real world experience mate?
Text books hey?
Have you had kids? Drug addiction? Seen friends addicted to oxy because the doctor was an easy out man? Seen psychiatrists ruin lives because all the do is throw drugs at people?

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
Text books hey?
Have you had kids? Drug addiction? Seen friends addicted to oxy because the doctor was an easy out man? Seen psychiatrists ruin lives because all the do is throw drugs at people?
What ever your personal vendetta against doctors is, no-one gives a shit. Just because he's going to be a doctor and succeed in life dosn't mean you have to try to shut him down

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Text books hey?
Well shit, you obviously know more than the doctor. What the hell are you doing in your current job?

indica

Serial flasher
What ever your personal vendetta against doctors is, no-one gives a shit. Just because he's going to be a doctor and succeed in life dosn't mean you have to try to shut him down
Wasn't trying to shut him down

Well shit, you obviously know more than the doctor. What the hell are you doing in your current job?
Didn't say that.

I was arguing against this but didn't get a response.

And I, as a doctor (in 7 days anyway) have seen many, many, many people have significant problems including major psychosis after a couple of tokes or after chronic (no pun intended) use.

And more importantly I've seen and read quality evidence that demonstrates a clear link between MJ and mental illness. Which is much more relevant than your personal experience and it's proportionally tiny sample size.

People claimed for many years that tobacco didn't cause cancer too. Don't they look stupid now?
Yes, and your sample is skewed because you see the fucked people.
Tobacco, okay Doctors were saying it was okay, what about Thalidomide and
all the vaccines that had Mercury in them? They were okay by Doctors until they weren't.

I have nothing against doctors, no personal vendetta, good on you if you want to help people but rise above the text books are gospel model and the free shit from drug reps.

I'm leaving this one now.

Sorry.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
\
Yes, and your sample is skewed because you see the fucked people.
Tobacco, okay Doctors were saying it was okay, what about Thalidomide and
all the vaccines that had Mercury in them? They were okay by Doctors until they weren't.

I have nothing against doctors, no personal vendetta, good on you if you want to help people but rise above the text books are gospel model and the free shit from drug reps.

I'm leaving this one now.

Sorry.
I agree with Indica. I have both life experience and a Doctorate. So, how are you kids going to try and tease me? Go hard, go hard. Sigh.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Wasn't trying to shut him down

Didn't say that.

I was arguing against this but didn't get a response.
I'm more than happy to discuss and even argue the issue in a rational and adult fashion but you so far have not demonstrated the ability to do so.

Oh and Skivi, cheers mate! I'm pretty excited.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Tool

Text books hey?
Haha. Oh yeah, real world experience, like that counts for everything now. You might have had a valid point about over-subscription if you weren't trying to take someone down a level and completely fall over on your own stupidity.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having recently done the Amsterdam thing and seen a society where cannabis use is legal (legal-ish anyway, Dutch laws, their enforcement and how that actually impact the general public would need a whole thread of their own) I can see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be that way everywhere in the world. Legalise it, tax is, provide outlets to purchase it. Policing it is an enormous waste of taxpayers money and police resources.
Aint it sweet being able to go the local store and buy a gram of weed, then smoking it right there in the shop whilst not one single persons looks at you sideways :D

Shocked me to find out that smoking tobacco inside was illegal but puffing on the green was fine, the fella behind the bar also told us we cant smoke spin (thank god that shit is horrible).

Anywho, not barking into this debate but here is a small table you may find useful

Detection times

Drug tests detect drugs as well as metabolites. Metabolites are the byproducts of a substance after it has run through your system. To determine whether you will pass or not, it is important to know how much of the illicit metabolites are in your urine and how much is tested for. Table 1.2 will give you an approximation; however, it varies depending on a number of factors. Testing method and levels tested for are major factors.

1.1 Halflife of TetraHydraCannabinol: The halflife of THC concentration ranges between 0.8 to 9.8 days. There is too much human variation to even approximate how long THC will be detected in the urine of an individual. Infrequent users with a fast metabolism will have the shortest detection time. Frequent users with a slow metabolism will have long detection times. The only way to estimate a detection time is to consider the lower and upper bounds (3-30 days), and decide based on the factors I've mentioned.

1.2 Detection times of several drugs.

Approximate Detection Time in Urine using EMIT

Amphetamines 2-4 days
Barbituates
Short-Acting (ie. secobarbital) 1 day
Long-Acting (ie. phenobarbital) 2-3 weeks
Benzodiazepines 3-7 days
Cannabinoids 3-30 days
Clenbuterol [PE] 2-4 days [F1]
Cocaine 2-4 days
Codeine 2-5 days
Euphorics (MDMA,psilocybin) 1-3 days [F2]
LSD 1-4 days [F6]
Methadone 3-5 days
Methaqualone 14 days
Nicotine ? [F5]
Opiates 2-4 days
Peptide hormones [PE] undetectable
Phencyclidine (PCP) 2-4 days [F4]
Phenobarbital 10-20 days
Propoxyphene 6 hours to 2 days
Steroids (anabolic) [PE] oral: 14 days [F3]

parenterally: 1 month [F3]
[PE] Performance Enhancers
[F1] 0.5 ng/mL by GC/MS
[F2] By RIA and GC/MS only. Not Detectable by EMIT.
[F3] By HPLC, RIA, and GC/MS. Not Detectable by EMIT.
[F4] 8-14 days as was reported in earlier versions and was incorrect.
[F5] No data available yet. I expect the detection time to be long because nicotine is fat soluble.
[F6] Detectable by EMIT and RIA, but rarely tested. A lab will only test for LSD when specifically requested.

Note: Detection times vary depending on analytical method used, drug metabolism, tolerance, patient's condition, fluid intake and method and frequency of ingestion. These are general guidelines only.

Try to call in sick on test day to delay one more day if possible; it will help.

Other factors determining degree of intoxication include metabolism, tolerance, frequency of intake, fluid intake, amount of marijuana, potency of marijuana, and length of time you've been a user. If you use marijuana on rare occasions, your urine may be clean of metabolites in less than a week. There is a common and strange phenomena that occurs with chronic users. You would expect a chronic user to have the longest detection time and the smallest chance of passing.

This is not always the case. A chronic user with a high tolerance will eliminate drugs quicker than an occasional user. Chronic users have tested negative after a week long binge. Lipid tissue also makes a huge difference. Skinny users not only have a faster metabolism (usually), but also lack storage for THC metabolites. Fat will cause a lag in excretion pattern, and lead to a longer detection time. You should now be able to understand why an individuals detection time for THC is so unpredictable. Please don't post or e-mail a question "how long will it take..." This is the single most frequently asked question. Many people can't even begin to estimate a detection for their own bodys, let alone the unseen, unknown body of a lost internet explorer.

There is an inaccurate program that will plot a graph of time versus percentage of THC in your system given the days you've smoked. The program is called CALC_THC.EXE and can be found on the internet. CALC_THC cannot possibly be accurate because it doesn't have any way of measuring the potentcy of the weed, and it leaves metabolism out of the equation. (see 14.2.3)

1.3 Positive (defined): 50 nanograms of THC metabolites per milliliter defines a "presumptive positive" by NIDA certified labs. This value was originally 20 ng/mL, but too many false positives resulted. So the level was raised to 100 ng/mL to reduce false positives. As of January 1995, the threshold was lowered back down to 50 ng/mL because drinking water would easily bring a positive below 100 ng. Be aware that these cutoffs are not universally consistent. I recently heard of a lab using a 15 ng/mL cutoff! Following is a table for cutoffs of other drugs:

[TABLE 1.3]

DRUG SCREENING CUTOFF GC/MS CUTOFF
Amphetamines Class 500 500
Amphetamine 500
Methamphetamine 200
Barbituates 200 100
Cocaine 150 150
Marijuana 50 15
Opiates 300
Codeine 300
Morphine 300
Phenyclidine 25 25

All cutoff levels are in nanograms/mL
1.3.1 Passive smoke and positives: "Second hand marijuana smoke in a car can cause you to fail the next day" (Nightbyrd). It is possible that second hand [marijuana] smoke will raise someone to the 50 ng/mL level; however, *extreme* exposure is required. For instance, a closed car full of pot smokers and a non-smoker may render the non-smoker positive for both urinalysis and the hair test, provided that they are sealed in the car for a while. The Army did a case study where volunteers were put in a room pumped full of smoke for an hour, five time daily. Subjects started testing positive after the second day. The non-smoker would have to take in virtually as much second hand smoke as a smoker. Non-smokers are safe in a ventilated area, as long as they don't get a hair test. According to Clinton, simply blowing crack smoke on ones hair may cause a positive hair test. Second hand pot smoke doesn't affect the hair test results as much as crack smoke does mainly because exhaled smoke contains no THC. The only pot smoke that contains THC is the smoke that hasn't entered the lungs.

1.4 Decreasing detection times: Increasing metabolism is probably the most effective way to decrease the time period that drugs can be detected in your system. Physical activity can increase your metabolic rate as much as two thousand percent! Nothing beats proper training taken to an extreme. A high calorie diet is the next best way to increase metabolism. Consuming mass quantities of high calorie food will increase metabolic rate by up to 10 percent. On the contrary, a malnutritious (light) diet could lower your metabolism by 10 percent. Speed (the drug) will also increase metabolism. Unfortunately, labs usually test for speed, and could get you into trouble. So exercise with intensity, and eat big.

home - drug recipes - disclaimer

© 2001-2003 neonjoint.com

Hope you find this useful?

Last edited: