dope

mtberdave

Likes Dirt
This might sound a bit weird but i smoked about 4 weeks ago and it was about once a week with the boys.
Does anyone know if ill be alright to pass the test?
cheers

Ryan

Radministrator
How long until you take the test? 6 weeks is usually the recommended time for a guaranteed pass...4 weeks would be touch and go.

Edit - Does the end of your post mean you only smoked once a week, then stopped altogether 4 weeks ago?

If so, you should be fine.

Last edited:

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
A lot depends on the frequency and duration of usage leading up to your stop time.

If you give us more info it'll help. THC bonds to fatty acids, which is why it hangs around a lot longer than A-grades. I've seen people pass after a week, but they were a 1-off smoker.

skivi

Likes Dirt
slightly off on a tangent here but ABC's Catalyst had a really interesting program on Marijuana last week

transcripts and videos giving the jist on the story and new shocking medical research into the effects of smoking pot can have on you.

some of the stat's were along these lines:
"Professor Poulton: We found that among adolescents who had used cannabis on a monthly basis or more, who had the bad version of the gene (COMT), their chances of developing psychosis by their mid 20’s were increased 11 fold."

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
THE URINE TEST

Urine testing is often referred to as the gold standard of the drug-test industry, and, all bad puns aside, they're not just talking about the color of your piss. Most of the 50 million drug tests performed in this country last year were urine tests-the least expensive and most common form of testing, at once highly invasive and, by now, fully integrated into American life.
When it comes to passing a urine test, you must put time on your side, specifically by allowing for time between your drug use and your drug test. Most banned substances pass through the body quickly (cocaine, for example, will disappear after a few days), but pesky THC abides in fat cells like a moocher crashing on your couch, remaining detectable in urine for as long as four weeks. So while a single smoke on Friday night will probably disappear by Monday, anything beyond the most casual toke needs more time.
Fortunately, as the urine-test industry has matured, so has the urine-test-solutions industry, which now offers a variety of approaches to beating the tests. A daily detox drink will lessen the amount of THC stored in your body and thus cut the time needed to cleanse. A quick flush will greatly increase the chances of passing the test, but it's imperative that at least 48 to 72 hours pass from toxin to test. That means not smoking for several days before the big day, or the quick flush won't work. If that's not an option, then a substitution or spike is needed. A substitution is just what the name implies: clean urine substituted for its tainted counterpart. A spike, on the other hand, is a small vial of chemicals covertly added to your specimen that adulterates the results. Spikes are available from several drug-detox companies.
Privacy is required to put a spike in play, so if someone will be hovering over the process while you pee, and you've gotten high in the last 72 hours, then your best bet is the infamous Whizzinator-a faux phallus that gives new meaning to the term "tool." It may take a steady hand and nerves of steel to whip out a prosthetic pecker as the tester observes from over your shoulder, but as Congress learned last spring, thousands have aced the Whiz Quiz with the help of this ingenious device.
Whizzinator

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Gawd, here we go.....

I've seen way too many people have no problems with long-term smoking at many different levels to claim it has terrible consequences.

I know daily smokers of 15 years' duration who have beautiful and meaningful lives and responsible, ongoing community engagement. I'm sure many of you reading this will know one or two people who have had negative experiences but am sure this is outweighed by those who have had no problems whatsoever :cool:

Just like drinking, don't go overboard, especially when you're young (under 23).

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Gawd, here we go.....

I've seen way too many people have no problems with long-term smoking at many different levels to claim it has terrible consequences.

I know daily smokers of 15 years' duration who have beautiful and meaningful lives and responsible, ongoing community engagement. I'm sure many of you reading this will know one or two people who have had negative experiences but am sure this is outweighed by those who have had no problems whatsoever :cool:

Just like drinking, don't go overboard, especially when you're young (under 23).
And I, as a doctor (in 7 days anyway) have seen many, many, many people have significant problems including major psychosis after a couple of tokes or after chronic (no pun intended) use.

And more importantly I've seen and read quality evidence that demonstrates a clear link between MJ and mental illness. Which is much more relevant than your personal experience and it's proportionally tiny sample size.

People claimed for many years that tobacco didn't cause cancer too. Don't they look stupid now?

indica

Serial flasher
And I, as a doctor (in 7 days anyway) have seen many, many, many people have significant problems including major psychosis after a couple of tokes or after chronic (no pun intended) use.

And more importantly I've seen and read quality evidence that demonstrates a clear link between MJ and mental illness. Which is much more relevant than your personal experience and it's proportionally tiny sample size.

People claimed for many years that tobacco didn't cause cancer too. Don't they look stupid now?
Blah blah. You lot are the people that over prescribe amphetamines to kids because they jump around alot, over prescribe benzo's and prozac because some people feel a bit sad, over prescribe oxycodone that people sell and get hooked on, tell people that methodone is a good way to get off heroin and tell us that we should stick needles in our kids when they are born and have fragile immune systems because one day they might come across hep b.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
Blah blah. You lot are the people that over prescribe amphetamines to kids because they jump around alot, over prescribe benzo's and prozac because some people feel a bit sad, over prescribe oxycodone that people sell and get hooked on, tell people that methodone is a good way to get off heroin and tell us that we should stick needles in our kids when they are born and have fragile immune systems because one day they might come across hep b.
Pfft, so all doctors are evil now are they? Unfortunately this forum generally is pro-marijuana from what I've seen in the past, something I don't agree with. It's not really worth arguing for me, because for every person that is against the stuff, there will be 3 more saying how great and harmless it is (on this forum I mean, not in real life).

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Ha. I can't even begin to argue with such stupidity.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Gawd, here we go.....

I know heaps of cigarette smokers, pack a day and the like.

Though I don't know anyone with lung cancer, does that mean smoking cigarettes is harmless?

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
I agree with this angle, very much so. And, opinion given, I opt out of this no-win grey-area debate, as it will not, clearly, be a fruitful discussion.

Anyone who wants to come over and have a beer and a toke is more than welcome to do so, then we'll continue the dialogue. Flame away, brothers!

Last word: I agree with Knopey below, too. It's never black nor white, but if it's not for you, don't smoke.

Last edited:

Knopey

Likes Dirt
It's impossible to dispute the figures relating drug use to mental health problems. There's clearly a connection there - obviously not for each and every user, but it's a very significant correlation.

The thing is, do drugs cause the problem? Or does the problem cause the use of drugs?

Personally I think it's a bit of both.

cressa

Likes Dirt
I know daily smokers of 15 years' duration who have beautiful and meaningful lives and responsible, ongoing community engagement.
I always think I should give up, but seeing that I fit your description above ie. a successful career, a beautiful family and generally a great life, i struggle to find good reason to.

Anyone who wants to come over and have a beer and a toke is more than welcome to do so, then we'll continue the dialogue. Flame away, brothers!
I don't really care to continue this dialogue, but I'm always up for a smoke... if you're rolling :D

But just to put a bit an opinion out there, I do feel quiet strongly about teens smoking weed, or doing drugs in general, save it for your early 20's I say, once your brain has sorted itself out. I do have friends who done drugs early on and lost a few ma]rbles that they'll never get back.

Last edited:

Mojo

Likes Dirt
i've always struggled to find why they have legal drugs and illegal drugs

the goverment likes it because of the taxes, but has to pay more in the end to make up for the death and illness and time off that it causes the economy.

smoking causes god knows how many types of cancer.

alcohol causes so many problems either directly or indirectly its crazy.

dont get me wrong i like the stuff. but why do have some stuff legal, and others illegal. everyone can see that they arent doing the country any favours

mtberdave

Likes Dirt
You guys have gone a bit off topic lol but anyway.
This is mainly to ryan.
Yes that is what i meant im not a heavy smoker just normally do it when theres no parties or whatever so about once a week then i stopped 4 weeks ago, good to hear that i should be right.
Going for the test now :eek:

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blah blah. You lot are the people that over prescribe amphetamines to kids because they jump around alot, over prescribe benzo's and prozac because some people feel a bit sad, over prescribe oxycodone that people sell and get hooked on, tell people that methodone is a good way to get off heroin.
High five friend.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Pfft, so all doctors are evil now are they?
Didn't say that ... most however, tow the line.

Ha. I can't even begin to argue with such stupidity.
Sorry Mr. soon to be a doctor with no real experience - I have real world experience, get off your horse mate...

Sweet, I'll bring some home brew.

High five friend.
Cheers!