COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's still a thing but I basically forgot last year, my wife has a pharmacy on site at work so was easy for her to get the shot.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
No. Yes. Only if you have pre-existing health issues.

Stupid system really. There's heaps of people not getting them, but my Mum wanted to do the right thing and get a booster shot when the new vaccine (that's better targeted to the current strains) came out as it had been more than 6 months since she'd had a shot. The pharmacy told her she'd have to wait until it had been 12 months. With the rate of transmission and virus mutation every 12 months is a long stretch on vaccines that are always lagging a long way behind the current strains (and thus are only moderately effective - but still worth getting for preventing severe disease and excessive transmission to others...).
We got our boosters a month before we went to Europe - I'd rather have some protection against new variants.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm not an anti vaxer, but I haven't had a shot since I achieved the level required to work and travel.
Same, 2 qualifying jabs. Had the vid 3 times.

Son just had it last week, he stayed home and we weren't getting in his face but functioned reasonably normally.
We did give him his meals in his room as coughing across the dinner table is asking for it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is covid still running rampant? My recent adventures overseas exposed me to a nation where many people are still wary of it, and back here...well it seems it may well never have existed

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Is covid still running rampant? My recent adventures overseas exposed me to a nation where many people are still wary of it, and back here...well it seems it may well never have existed
I still hear of it doing sweeps through related businesses in my area, but (anecdotally) few people seem to be getting particularly sick from it. A moderate amount of people report feeling fairly flat for a few weeks afterwards, but not much outside that. I'm sure there are still people that cop it worse than that, but I think (socially) it's got to the point where people treat it like they should treat a bad cold or the flu (ie: they actually take time off to recover and to try not to infect others... *shock and awe*).

ozzybmx

Yeah, people are still getting it. We had a bloke 2-3 weeks ago that came in coughing and feeling like shit, he went home after the shift and was positive 1 hour later... but not before giving it to another work mate. One on my shift last week got a call from his missus, who had just went positive, he took the next day off as he felt a bit 'off', went pos the day after. In this round, still with a bit of a cough.

Its the Aussie way, it was a shit time, everyone is over it, now treated like the cold/flu by most.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Seems to be absolutely rampant the last 2 months. Heaps of people I know have had including a couple of people who have managed to dodge it to date.
Plus others who claimed to have had “summer flu”. Lol ok I don’t remember summer flu pre 2020 but keep sticking your head in the sand.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
A bloke from my yacht club had it (again) a couple of weeks ago, but it's basically just another version of the common "cold" (which doesn't have anything to do with cold weather or getting cold), which is not a single virus, it is caused by a bunch of several different viruses, most of which Covid is pretty closely related to.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I still haven't had it, anybody else?
I made it to last November. There's every chance you've had it and been asymptomatic. So many people at work only knew they had it because they had to do tests after being close contacts of others...

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I made it to last November. There's every chance you've had it and been asymptomatic. So many people at work only knew they had it because they had to do tests after being close contacts of others...
It's possible i've had it and not known which I'm calling just as good as not having it. I've been on a 2 hour drive with a mate that tested positive, cleaned my mum's house with my sister just before she tested positive. I've tested after a couple other close encounters as well and always negative.

Minlak

custom titis
Yup - and the current strain is much more effective at passing on - Most people are getting it with in 24 - 48 hrs of contact - Once again you either win or lose the Covid lottery - It just went through my work again and as there is a round of Stocktakes going on went to several other stores and ran through them.

ozzybmx

I've had it 3 times, I'm a social butterfly and like people. Between the first and second, I had a thing they named novid... fuck, that knocked the shit out of me. Neg all the way and felt at least twice as bad as the real vid.

Only lasted the same timeframe as a dose of the vid but I felt like shit.

Had the 2 standard 'get out of jail' jabs back when we had to have them to function in the world and keep our jobs.

My missus works with NDIS and nursing home dementia patients, they send her home with a 10 pack of tests per week, faark at one stage we had 150 testing packs in our house so if anyone feels shit or is coughing, we all did 2 a day.

Gotta look after the vulnerable.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I've avoided it thus far. But I have minimal contact with humans outside my family group. Still mask up when I go to the shops. Mask always in my shirt pocket, so even when I duck in to pay for my diesel I put it on. It has just become habit.
Same here, not had it. Minimal contact with people and still masking.

People who have had it 5 times (and I'm convinced have mild brain damage) think you're insane for wearing a mask, but happy to live with that.