COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone have strange vision ? Im 51 this year and had the most perfect sight, after my first corona bout my vision went all sparkly where I couldn't focus on shit.

Work bought me glasses that had a slight lense on one eye (never used them), just got them done a few weeks ago and another work pair, slight lens in the other eye and the already lensed eye went up 1 step.

Just getting old maybe.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Anyone have strange vision ? Im 51 this year and had the most perfect sight, after my first corona bout my vision went all sparkly where I couldn't focus on shit.

Work bought me glasses that had a slight lense on one eye (never used them), just got them done a few weeks ago and another work pair, slight lens in the other eye and the already lensed eye went up 1 step.

Just getting old maybe.
Maybe. You had full blood tests done last time?

My eyes were great up until I was early 50s. Long vision is still really good and my reading glasses prescription hasn't changed in the almost 100 years since.

ozzybmx

Maybe. You had full blood tests done last time?
Been getting full bloods done since forever, the prostate issue had them further under scrutiny.

Everything is good with eye health and still not wearing glasses but they make looking at a phone so much better if I use them.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I had similar. First time when my sense of smell returned I had some really odd smells that made me ask people if they could smell it too. Nope. Last time my smell didn’t change at all.
I remember having a lazy poo when I had COVID. My smell was pretty gone but some smells came through. I thought someone was baking bread in the house, it smelled pretty awesome until I realised I was smelling my own shit and my COVID nose was filtering out most of the scents.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I remember having a lazy poo when I had COVID. My smell was pretty gone but some smells came through. I thought someone was baking bread in the house, it smelled pretty awesome until I realised I was smelling my own shit and my COVID nose was filtering out most of the scents.
Puts a new spin on "dropping a loaf". :oops:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'm starting to think it was a coincidence.
I'd say you're right there, it's 'cos you're getting old! :p I'm not that far behind you age-wise (47); a couple of weeks back I had a brief but really weird episode of funny vision while riding, but everything else felt fine. I had the 'Vid a bit over a year ago, and had no effects on vision during or in any suspect timeframe after it, so it's fair to say the recent little spell is unrelated, and I suspect yours is the same

ozzybmx

I'd say you're right there, it's 'cos you're getting old! :p I'm not that far behind you age-wise (47); a couple of weeks back I had a brief but really weird episode of funny vision while riding, but everything else felt fine. I had the 'Vid a bit over a year ago, and had no effects on vision during or in any suspect timeframe after it, so it's fair to say the recent little spell is unrelated, and I suspect yours is the same
Might be right ole Ducky !

SummitFever

Eats Squid

Just getting old maybe.
Nothing to worry about. It is just a natural consequence of all that wanking around about ebikes. Everyone knows it will make you go blind...

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Looking into boosters since I had my last one in March 2022. Seems advice for someone 18-64 without risk factors is to maybe think about a 2023 boost.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Looking into boosters since I had my last one in March 2022. Seems advice for someone 18-64 without risk factors is to maybe think about a 2023 boost.

Got my 6th jab last Friday.
Every second person seems to have covid at the moment, and I'd rather a sore shoulder for a day than a 5 days of feeling shit plus the chance of losing my sense of smell and lung covid