COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Too much hassle man. You think we’re Moorey??! Ima stick with bleach.
I hope it’s quality bleach and not some dodgy home brand.

Funny this thread has popped back up. HR sent an email this morn saying cases on the rise and listing all the business COVID rules. I know a few people that got it over Christmas. It was either COVID or gastro. Not sure which I would choose!!’

Jpez

Down on the left!
I hope it’s quality bleach and not some dodgy home brand.

Funny this thread has popped back up. HR sent an email this morn saying cases on the rise and listing all the business COVID rules. I know a few people that got it over Christmas. It was either COVID or gastro. Not sure which I would choose!!’
Gastro. Feels like death at the time but at least no possible lasting effects.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I copped covid for the first time in late November.
For what ever reason it exaggerated a back condition at the time, and heard from a numbers of people that the same occurred to them.

Last week I had another major turn with my back, resulting in more visits to the doc. He stated that this latest variation certainly seems to be triggering previous minor aches resulting in larger issues on occasion.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I copped covid for the first time in late November.
For what ever reason it exaggerated a back condition at the time, and heard from a numbers of people that the same occurred to them.
+1, but I think in my case it was probably more from being asleep so much over the following weeks as the fatigue really lingered for about 6 weeks. Any physical exertion - BAM! - nap time (as in it felt like I had to nap, and quickly, whereas I normally hate napping at all...).

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1, but I think in my case it was probably more from being asleep so much over the following weeks as the fatigue really lingered for about 6 weeks. Any physical exertion - BAM! - nap time (as in it felt like I had to nap, and quickly, whereas I normally hate napping at all...).
Yeah, I initially thought my couch and bed time over that week might have helped trigger the back.

My wife got it 2 days after me. She had since been dealing with a strange shoulder pain, which now 2 months later has just as mysteriously gone again.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Son brought it home from a NYE party, I was + the following weekend so had the first half of last week off, and now wife has it a week later again.

Nose just ran like crazy for 4 days, lost taste for a day or two, still sniffly but negative as of the weekend, a bit tired. Boy was slighty worse than me and for a bit longer, Mrs seems to be least affected, she had a booster fairly recently.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are many people still getting vaccinated? Has it become something youre supposed to get each season like a flu shot? Or something more regular?

I'm not an anti vaxer, but I haven't had a shot since I achieved the level required to work and travel. None of my usual medical advisers (family/friends doctors, nurses, etc) have mentioned it for a long time (apparently quite a few if them were convinced I wasn't going to get on board at the start...).

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Are many people still getting vaccinated? Has it become something youre supposed to get each season like a flu shot? Or something more regular?
No. Yes. Only if you have pre-existing health issues.

Stupid system really. There's heaps of people not getting them, but my Mum wanted to do the right thing and get a booster shot when the new vaccine (that's better targeted to the current strains) came out as it had been more than 6 months since she'd had a shot. The pharmacy told her she'd have to wait until it had been 12 months. With the rate of transmission and virus mutation every 12 months is a long stretch on vaccines that are always lagging a long way behind the current strains (and thus are only moderately effective - but still worth getting for preventing severe disease and excessive transmission to others...).