COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
still cant get messages out well. so i both can and cannot go 2 blocks to macdonalds. good thing i ordered a lockdown variety pack of beer to be delivered already.

News.com
From 11.59pm tonight residents in Georges River, Parramatta and Campbelltown LGAs will join those in Cumberland, Canterbury-Bankstown, Blacktown, Liverpool, Fairfield LGAs in being unable to leave their areas unless they are an authorised worker.

from the local MP
you can travel 10km from home even if you cross to another LGA / so shopping at Lidcombe Centre fine for Wentworth Point

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
still cant get messages out well. so i both can and cannot go 2 blocks to macdonalds. good thing i ordered a lockdown variety pack of beer to be delivered already.

News.com
From 11.59pm tonight residents in Georges River, Parramatta and Campbelltown LGAs will join those in Cumberland, Canterbury-Bankstown, Blacktown, Liverpool, Fairfield LGAs in being unable to leave their areas unless they are an authorised worker.

from the local MP
you can travel 10km from home even if you cross to another LGA / so shopping at Lidcombe Centre fine for Wentworth Point
To be fair, both of those sources can usually be ignored as unreliable at best. Might need to look to reputable outlets ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
and colloidal silver. His is the best
Perhaps this belongs in the confessions thread but...would you believe I once had a lady friend who was into that shit? She had a jar of it and would down a spoonful regularly (or you know...whenever she remembered) under the belief it was going to heal her insides. According to her in olden times the wealthy ate from silverware and the small particles of silver they ingested in the process were a significant component of their better health over the poor. She believed a lot of other shit her naturopath (who chose many of her potions and balms using the scientific method known as the spinning ring) and kinesiologist fed her as well. I don't think she is a Jones follower though.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Perhaps this belongs in the confessions thread but...would you believe I once had a lady friend who was into that shit? She had a jar of it and would down a spoonful regularly (or you know...whenever she remembered) under the belief it was going to heal her insides. According to her in olden times the wealthy ate from silverware and the small particles of silver they ingested in the process were a significant component of their better health over the poor. She believed a lot of other shit her naturopath (who chose many of her potions and balms using the scientific method known as the spinning ring) and kinesiologist fed her as well. I don't think she is a Jones follower though.
I had a riding buddy for a while who was into it too. And Chemtrails and climate change is a hoax... He was a really good bloke though, and he was fun to ride with once we established some "agree to disagree" ground rules on what not to talk about!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had a riding buddy for a while who was into it too. And Chemtrails and climate change is a hoax... He was a really good bloke though, and he was fun to ride with once we established some "agree to disagree" ground rules on what not to talk about!
Nah she is woke, empowered, and all the opposites of Jones et al. Just into phoney medicine, which can be dangerous for a type 1 diabetic.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
growing up my family was heavily into this shit. Royal jelly, homeopathy, reiki masage, kinesiology, etc. I believed all this stuff because it was what i grew up around. same way kids learn racism. Oh fucking indian gurus too eyeroll and some other whacky spiritual concepts. Highschool did a good job in teaching me to have a critical mind. Most of my family is still into this shit. Kinda sad. Grandmother put off seeing a real doctor and died of a rare treatable blood disease because she treated her symptoms with alternative ideas...

I think there is a place for naturopaths (not homeopathy) for certain things but not in place of real medicine. example being my wife was diagnosed with IBS by medical doctors. None of the treatments really worked. She suffered for probably for 15 years. Out of sheer desperation saw a naturopath (which i was strongly against to be honest) and after a few basic questions was sent for a fructose malabsorbtion test (a medical breath test to determine if you have a problem processing fructose). Came back positive. Removed most fructose from her diet - 100% improvement in a week.

You see my wife was always healthy eater, lots of veg and fruit. several serves a day no knowing that the high fructose content of some of them was giving her chrons level issues. She can still eat fruit and veg, but has a better understandning of which are higher in fructose, so she can manage the "fructose load" when she makes her choices. She's effectively eliminated the debilitating symptoms of fthe back of two naturopath consultations.

At the same time, if a naturopath tried to tell me that i could cure cancer with diet and herbs, id be looking for another one even if they were treating something benign.

SO for me, naturopathy and some techniques like acupuncture have some merit. Just need to avoid being blinkered when approaching any health based activity. That can go for science based medicine too.