COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
I'm in the same camp, Pfizted twice with no severe side effects.

Some say don't mix them, I've also heard that a booster of AZ taken with double Pfizer increases efficicy of the overall Vax.

So who knows at this point...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Has anyone here who had AZ for first 2 run with a different shot for the booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Pfizer or Moderna recommended after 2xAZ. If you hambo it you will see some basic data on efficacy of boosters and Moderna is winning by a nose.

Reactions: D2R

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I am due for the booster...I have 2 loads of Pfizer in me. Do I pfizzzzzz again or get modern?

I'm indifferent and had no issues with the pfizzzzzz first 2 times.
I was the same and went Moderna, not sure if it is proven but some suggestion it might be marginally more effective

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So I am due for the booster...I have 2 loads of Pfizer in me. Do I pfizzzzzz again or get modern?

I just went for the triple pfizzer combo, my partner had her first 2 doses of AZ and a side of Pfizer.
You can go do your 'research' or just take a lucky dip...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Update after 20 hours. Bursa is very sore, could be, probably is, application rather than the booster. Very mild headache (I don't get headaches) and a general feeling of being a bit 2nd hand. Nothing nasty though the bursa is very painful to touch and it aches to varying degrees at rest.

dazz

Downhill Dazz

I went triple phizz-whizz, because that's what they had. If I had the option, I'd have gone with the Dolly Parton because...
Yes, Pfizer or Moderna recommended after 2xAZ. If you hambo it you will see some basic data on efficacy of boosters and Moderna is winning by a nose.

PJO

in me vL comy
Update after 20 hours. Bursa is very sore, could be, probably is, application rather than the booster. Very mild headache (I don't get headaches) and a general feeling of being a bit 2nd hand. Nothing nasty though the bursa is very painful to touch and it aches to varying degrees at rest.
I had something like this after the first phizer shot, had a sore shoulder for about a two months. Nothing like it with the second or third shots...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Has anyone here who had AZ for first 2 run with a different shot for the booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep. dose 1 & 2 AZ, Booster was Moderna. Got it at local Chemist. had choice between Ph-iiiiii-zer and Moderna. Chemist recommended Moderna as it lasted for longer (validated by quick article search on the inturdnet)

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I was the same and went Moderna, not sure if it is proven but some suggestion it might be marginally more effective
Read an article from the US that indicates from lab tests that the Pfizer booster shows a 25x increase in antibodies vs 37x reported by Moderna. Moderna has also found that a double dose 100 microgram gave a 83x increase in antibodies (not an approved amount). Importantly though, is that both Pfizer and Moderna boosters appear to be effective against Omicron - these are only lab tests after all. This is not medical advice, just quoting what I've read, YMMV, DYOR, talk to your doctor if unsure etc..

Had my Mo de RNA last week after double AZ, similar response as @moorey and @Dales Cannon Slightly sore arm, no headache but a little lethargic and mild joint ache about 24hrs later, then woke up fine the following day.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I seem to be improving and feel less worn out. Arm is still sore but maybe 50% of this morning so 24 hours on is betterer. Wife had zero effects and is wandering around happy and chatty. As are the rest of the household. Apparently shooting people is frowned upon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes I see the Googles and just get bamboozled by all the contradictory Intel. Thanks folks, will go Moderna for curiosity and pfzzler if no choice.