COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I never thought I could think less of the government, labor or liberal.
I was surprised to find they could get even lower, good work guys.

Surely even a liberal supporter must be pissed at their government and their (lack) of action.
Not yet. Why not? They are trying to keep the economy afloat and us feeling like we are rich. Also the illness hasn't had a massive outbreak here yet so it doesn't seem real. If/when it explodes it will feel real and people will wonder why.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I see they didn't realise that the 100 persons includes staff.

Some dumb people will die. They will take others who were not dumb with them. Anecdote, one neighbour overheard another neighbour talk in about returning from overseas and self isolating. That person had to visit my neighbour I'm sure, some kind if essential service.
Your neighbour is a prostitute or masseuse?

Hydrogen is used to make syngas and then carbon neutral synthetic kerosene. Hydrocarbons in jet engines is still the best power to weight option for large aircraft.
Some times efficiency isn't always the best option. Or just pump some helium into the plane to get it the extra lift. If worked well in bike frames + tyres

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I never thought I could think less of the government, labor or liberal.
I was surprised to find they could get even lower, good work guys.

Surely even a liberal supporter must be pissed at their government and their (lack) of action.
I was pretty down about the gov response until they decided to close the borders. That was the first signal they were thinking ahead with planning of the pandemic. Telling citzens to come home asap. On Friday telling people domestic travel restrictions will affect school holiday travel. States closing borders. State schools preparing to deliver via online. Mortgage and wage support from gov.. All this points to the gov taking the nuclear option and shutting the country down to actually stop the virus in it’s tracks rather than “softening the curve”.. Basically Option C in the endgame article. There is no way that article just miraculously made it’s way to the media.. The gov is softening up the public for when they roll the cannons out.. Prime minister has been banging on about a min 6 months shutdown and how it has to be “sustainable” for the long term.. I actually have belief now that gov will pull the trigger.. They are just getting their ducks lined up. We should use our isolation as an advantage..

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
.. The gov is softening up the public for when they roll the cannons out.. Prime minister has been banging on about a min 6 months shutdown and how it has to be “sustainable” for the long term..
Really that long? No, I'm genuinely asking.....

I'm a take it and deal with it as it comes kinda guy, if it's gonna be that long I won't panic about doing the lawns tomorrow

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

I'm a take it and deal with it as it comes kinda guy, if it's gonna be that long I won't panic about doing the lawns tomorrow
I doubt we'll be out of some sort of shutdown for six months, not if we don't want to keep putting out spot fires everywhere.

safreek

I was pretty down about the gov response until they decided to close the borders. That was the first signal they were thinking ahead with planning of the pandemic. Telling citzens to come home asap. On Friday telling people domestic travel restrictions will affect school holiday travel. States closing borders. State schools preparing to deliver via online. Mortgage and wage support from gov.. All this points to the gov taking the nuclear option and shutting the country down to actually stop the virus in it’s tracks rather than “softening the curve”.. Basically Option C in the endgame article. There is no way that article just miraculously made it’s way to the media.. The gov is softening up the public for when they roll the cannons out.. Prime minister has been banging on about a min 6 months shutdown and how it has to be “sustainable” for the long term.. I actually have belief now that gov will pull the trigger.. They are just getting their ducks lined up. We should use our isolation as an advantage..
I'm more talking about mandatory detention of the first few that came back, then just " let's trust them to self isolate " 0
The ball was dropped then. Bad management to the max.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Airline cabin crew are exempt from 14 day isolation(!). Found this out chatting with my neighbour who's just flown in from Singapore today.

She's choosing to self isolate anyway - no work on the horizon for her anyway.

This is absolutely a #jobsngrof decision by Scotty from marketing.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
This government hates the ABC more than climate change so there is no way they would publish it there. If it was the government it would be from the institute of public affairs and published on Sky and the Australian.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I would stay at home and do the lawns now anyway as there is a confirmed case in Mildy. So that means 10-20 infected are running around sqeezing avocados at coles to see if they are the ready or not..
Re 6 months.. I have no idea mate, i’m not qualified in this. The data says there is exponential growth of cases on the way up and the same on the way down.. So it could be quicker, but judging buy the balancing act the gov is trying to with the economy vs public health I think it will be longer than shorter.. As hifi said we missed the boat for a quick kill on this virus so now we are going to grind it out with some sort of economy running parallel.. 6 months of “disruption” seems right doubt a lockdown of that time would even be possible in Australia. No one would comply for that long..

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This government hates the ABC more than climate change so there is no way they would publish it there. If it was the government it would be from the institute of public affairs and published on Sky and the Australian.
I’m not quite following you but it is on the abc, news.com.au and guardian from my knowledge.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I would stay at home and do the lawns now anyway as there is a confirmed case in Mildy. So that means 10-20 infected are running around sqeezing avocados at coles to see if are the ready or not..
Re 6 months.. I have no idea mate, i’m not qualified in this. The data says there is exponential growth of cases on the way up and the same on the way down.. So it could be quicker, but judging buy the balancing act the gov is trying to with the economy vs public health I think it will be longer than shorter.. As hifi said we missed the boat for a quick kill on this virus so now we are going to grind it out with some sort of economy running parallel.. 6 months of “disruption” seems right doubt a lockdown of that time would even be possible in Australia. No one would comply for that long..
Ay, unfortunately I'm not in a position to do that, which sucks with an asthmatic Mrs George.

I’m not quite following you but it is on the abc, news.com.au and guardian from my knowledge.
Reckon I read it as a Guardian article too

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
John Daley is chief executive officer of the Grattan Institute. This article originally appeared on The Conversation.

The Conversation is a network of not-for-profit media outlets that publish news stories written by academics and researchers. Wikipedia

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
John Daley is chief executive officer of the Grattan Institute. This article originally appeared on The Conversation.

The Conversation is a network of not-for-profit media outlets that publish news stories written by academics and researchers. Wikipedia
So why did all media ,including murdoch, pick it up I wonder? It is a great story and well argued but nothing the average semi educated punter who watched a lot of zombie movies couldn’t have figured out over a few bongs..

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I've never done this before but I am actively trying to propogate this on social media. I genuinely think it's our best shot at getting things kind of under control sooner rather than later.