COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My wife is working at the farmers markets this morning, they will stay open as an essential service. I rode with 2 mates this morning early and we didn't see anyone else at Cotter Pines.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Endgame C is so obviously logical answer.

Government mandated suspension of mortgages and rents for the duration of the shutdown, the pick-up where we left off just with closed border thereafter. I'm sure everyone could cope with a coordinated multi-week lock-down if you knew it was actually going to deal with the issue. The current approach is like walking out onto the beach when the water has diasppeared before a tsunami. It might be interesting times but it's going to overwhelm us very quickly...
It’s got merit as it essentially sets a firm end date for the whole shit show, after which people can go back to normal (with the exception of OS travel). The other options are open ended.

Endgame C would allow domestic air travel to return to normal passenger loads sooner which might help save the airlines.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Did a driveby of my local coffee spot, it's packed the hilt and lines well out the door. Just came home, caffeine will have to be the moccona kind!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You know what my FB feed needs more of? Original jokes about people going for a ride today as their contribution to social distancing.
Just imagine how cool that feed would be if you had lots of mates that were into wakeboarding...[

QUOTE="Nambra, post: 3308379, member: 87351"]
It’s got merit as it essentially sets a firm end date for the whole shit show, after which people can go back to normal (with the exception of OS travel). The other options are open ended.

Endgame C would allow domestic air travel to return to normal passenger loads sooner which might help save the airlines.
[/QUOTE]

Do they need saving? Or even deserve it? Fuck them. Let the strongest survive or new ones emerge from the ashes...Phoenix air! It's not a. Essential industry and I'd much prefer to see bail out support actions going to hospitals and people.

Did a driveby of my local coffee spot, it's packed the hilt and lines well out the door. Just came home, caffeine will have to be the moccona kind!
Nooooooooooooo!!! There always other options. You can just fall back on that garbage before the apocalypse even hits!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Universities...business as usual. Gold
Unreal eh !

I'm deferring my current unit at TAFE till next year, spoke to work yesterday as we are going onto a contactless emergency roster and they are fine with that, so no TAFE for me now until after Easter hols.

safreek

Really weird/awesome vibe at my favourite small bar lastnight.

hand sanitiser’s for everyone, max capacity limited to 30 people instead of their usual 100. Bar staff constantly washing hands.
Maybe 15 people max? Everybody in there being taking careful to not get too close to each other.
S’not all doom and gloom. People are starting to take things very seriously now.
Yeah, but did you pick up

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shitting bricks at the prospect of taking my 7 year old a party at Macca's this arvo
We were due at an 8 year olds party last week at bowling but told then we wouldnt be going. Made sure a couple of lego sets got to him though and a nice card from our son. Its hard on the kids but it isnt going away unless we all take it more seriously.

Saw a couple of martial arts schools discussing how many they can fit in their halls. I dont see the point in averaging the fooor space per person if your puffing and getting in eachothers space anyway.

I saw a good reddit post from arnie telling people to stay home even from the gym but also giving details for a good home body weight workout.

safreek

Probably going to sound pretty cold but there has been talk about people getting laid off getting more government help than those unemployed. Why the fuck do they deserve more.
When I was ill for about a year and incapable of work I had to survive on around 650 a fortnight.
Hopefully a lot of the wankers that constantly harp about unemployed people only needing a basic survival payment get laid off and suck a whole bag of reality.

Apparently in the UK they are going to pay laid off people 80 percent of their wage, fuck them, get the same as the other UB people.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Do they need saving? Or even deserve it? Fuck them. Let the strongest survive or new ones emerge from the ashes...Phoenix air! It's not a. Essential industry and I'd much prefer to see bail out support actions going to hospitals and people.
I'm with Poods on this one, they don't deserve it - and as a society we don't really need it in 99.9% of cases. Air travel is frivolous and an almost totally unnecessary luxury item that people have just become acclimatised to using as "the norm" for interstate/international travel. People only travel by air because it's faster and unrealistically cheap.

If Australia had high-speed rail between cities interstate flights would have died off years ago.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm with Poods on this one, they don't deserve it - and as a society we don't really need it in 99.9% of cases. Air travel is frivolous and an almost totally unnecessary luxury item that people have just become acclimatised to using as "the norm" for interstate/international travel. People only travel by air because it's faster and unrealistically cheap.

If Australia had high-speed rail between cities interstate flights would have died off years ago.
...I'm of the thinking that these latter companies have been avoiding their tax and fucking their workers over for a long time. I acknowledge there is some economic benefit from the size of their workforce spending their incomes etc, but if the companies haven't been working on building a safety for shit storms, why should we be busting our balls to keep them up.

And nationalising virgin? Fuck that. Let them fail. Buy all their shit at the garage sale if it's that important to maintain their services and launch govt air. The service offered can't get any worse!