COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Flow-Rider

Burner
They’re still dragging their feet. It’s 3 months in the UK. I wound up getting my last week as under the guidelines at the time I wouldn’t have been eligible

Same goes for testing kits. I got charged $30 for a pack of 2 at Coles before I left whereas here in Scotland you get packs of 7 for FREE from the chemist and various other outlets. It’s the norm over here (for most socially responsible folk at least) to do a quick rapid antigen test before meeting friends or relatives. That’d almost bankrupt you in Australia at this time of year - if you could even source the kits.

That said, it’s still spreading like wildfire here. Mask compliance is good north of the border but being the festive season, pubs and restaurants are packed with folk having to ditch the masks to eat and drink. The hospitalisation rates do appear to be dropping due to Omicron but it’s still playing havoc with infrastructure as public transport services get cancelled left, right and centre due to staff having to isolate.

Restrictions have been brought in for after Christmas but having come from Melbourne I find them almost hilarious (or at least peoples reactions to them) - no movement restrictions, hospitality still allowed to operate with caps of 100 people if it’s standing or 200 seated. Weddings and funerals have no caps whatsoever. It’ll be interesting to see how things pan out…
How much do they pay you and you're worried about spending $30 you tight bum? :D

There's got to be some new mutations coming along with all these high numbers of transmissions, they should just call the next variant Infinity.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't been to any of the larger shopping centres around Brisbane, but everyone was masked up that I saw at my local shops. I think I'll wait until the holiday crowd goes back to work before I venture off to the larger places.

To be fair if I was a youth who was priced out of the property market and left with a burning planet because the selfish old cunts before me couldn’t be arsed changing their ways even slightly, I too would be ambivalent about a disease that primarily affects those same selfish old cunts.
Then drink all their free beer at their wake, I didn't say that :D.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Merry Christmas everyone.
I think maybe Omicron is the gift the world actually needs. Hopefully it's the end game for the pandemic to become endemic, with a weaker covid-19 version that is infectious enough that other versions can't catch up.
Kinda over it a while ago so bring it on Omicron, be the world's secret Santa.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I reckon they're sharing the health policy book with SA. We can get over the border now with out needing a test when we get there (so long as we can get tested here tomorrow) but we won't because we have no interest in getting involved in that shit-show!
Yeah, it's crap over here. Marshall had the best, sensible, reasonable, rational policy early on. Now I think Gladys has bitten him on the lymph node, and he's gone full Liberal fucktard.

I just avoid everyone but my child and my lover, and life is peachy.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
We tested the FiL straight after Xmas Eve dinner with a rapid antigen test kit. He'd noted he felt slightly unwell...and yep, positive. Fairly quickly cleared the room!! And changed four families plans for Xmas Day...

Oh well. Given he was wearing a mask for much of the time we might generally be OK...or we might not. But it had to happen sometime.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to the inlaws on the night of the 23rd for FIL's birthday. That night he came down with symptoms and was tested in the morning (Xmas eve). Still awaiting results so we have been home the last 2 days. I got a silver pike fork from Santa so it ain't all bad :D

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It was hilarious to watch. Everybody just unconsciously backed away.
I did the same about a week ago, was speaking to a bloke, he tells me he has just arrived in Tassie... has a QLD numberplate.
Proceeds to cough his guts up and sneeze a few times, I'm thinking this chunt has a cold, then he drops 'he had been in Melbourne for a week'.

Instant distance and immediately fekked off quick smart :rolleyes: