COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So it's pretty much a ghost town around here at the moment. Lots of cafes/pubs/bars/restaurants have closed and the streets are empty. Even the local bike trails and beaches aren't busy. By contrast a few months ago when the government was telling people to stay home the crowds were unbelievable. Maybe the heat has something to do with it? Or people are just idiots...we can't let that damn government push us around.
I think there's a lot of "I'll just keep a low profile until Christmas" to it at the moment. I reckon things'll go berserk afterwards when folks are no longer worried about given it to the Grandparents or whatever (just a cultural observation, rather than personal plans).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think there's a lot of "I'll just keep a low profile until Christmas" to it at the moment. I reckon things'll go berserk afterwards when folks are no longer worried about given it to the Grandparents or whatever (just a cultural observation, rather than personal plans).
I am very sure Boxing Day through to NYE is going to feature a strong vibe of catch up party...

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Quinn has slight sniffle. Heading to the olds in a few days for Christmas, so getting a ‘quick’ test.
2h+ wait in line. FML.
Fingers crossed, Moorey.

Good luck. Other than my recent fairly swift results a lot of people here have been caught waiting days on end for results. The system was very quickly overwhelmed.
There is no consistency with time frames here, I got tested at 3pm Friday at the same place as our storeman (20mins after him).

His sms result came through at 9am Saturday, mine 4pm.

Minlak

custom titis
I did (on one of the government pages) that you can request AZ for your booster if both your first shots were AZ. I think that's the route I'll be going to be honest.

It's funny how kids can understand the "greater good" concept but so many adults can't manage it.
I had heard / read that if you had AZ first round your better protected with Pfizer the second round - however current research is showing a Moderna booster offering far better Omnicron protection.

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
I got my first 2 at the vaccination clinic by proper nurses - no real issues
got the booster @ the pharmacy by one of the pill box getterers, regretted it almost straight away. One of the most painful injections I've ever had, it's like she aimed specifically for the dead arm/muscle trigger point. Had a dead arm for days!

When it's my kids turn they'll be going via the clinic

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I got my first 2 at the vaccination clinic by proper nurses - no real issues
got the booster @ the pharmacy by one of the pill box getterers, regretted it almost straight away. One of the most painful injections I've ever had, it's like she aimed specifically for the dead arm/muscle trigger point. Had a dead arm for days!

When it's my kids turn they'll be going via the clinic
When I had my whooping cough vaccine when pregnant with child #2, the obstetrician administering the vax got me in the tendon where arm meets shoulder. I couldn't lift my arm or sleep on it for about 6 weeks. Which is very limiting for sleep position options when heavily pregnant.
I refuse to let anybody except a nurse administer vaccines for me now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I had heard / read that if you had AZ first round your better protected with Pfizer the second round - however current research is showing a Moderna booster offering far better Omnicron protection.
Have heard this too, though only by word of mouth. I'd be keen to see the evidence. BRB, off to Google it!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk