COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

indica

Serial flasher
Vax mandate in at my workplace today. Need to show proof on the way in.
Heaps of "cool" people choosing to be tools.
It should be interesting, several have resigned already.

That's heaps tough and will show 'em for sure.

danncam

Likes Dirt
So now my daughter has Covid after having lunch with my MiL (her Gran) last Friday. We've moved her from her house to Grans so they can quarantine together and fingers crossed the daughter's girlfriend will somehow not be positive over the next few days. They were meant to be moving house Saturday.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Got booster this arvo. Walk in, straight through, super easy. Did still have to wait afterwards but that's OK.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The dropping of all restrictions in light of what's happening O/S with Omicron seems to be Australia's covid "full-retard" moment. The data suggests that Omicron may well be the most infectious human virus ever documented. The pollies are now directly at odds with their CHO's and leading immunologists.

A bit of mask wearing could go a long way at the moment.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The dropping of all restrictions in light of what's happening O/S with Omicron seems to be Australia's covid "full-retard" moment.
Hey, elections are on the way. We don't want to upset the plebbage as they have had enough Government in their lives. It is nearly Christmas and we are doing that.

Shaddup with the Debbie downer talk, we have jobs to win and egos to impress.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The dropping of all restrictions in light of what's happening O/S with Omicron seems to be Australia's covid "full-retard" moment. The data suggests that Omicron may well be the most infectious human virus ever documented. The pollies are now directly at odds with their CHO's and leading immunologists.

A bit of mask wearing could go a long way at the moment.
Suddenly the 28 days and 28 weeks later movies don’t feel so far fetched anymore. Moving from the pure fictional horror genre it was (and fuck did they scare me when I first watched), to the “well, it is theoretically possible” category.

Hope you’re ok in these crazy times Summit.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Hope you’re ok in these crazy times Summit.
I'm going well, but have been wearing a proper N95 mask wherever I go just to be on the safe side. I really don't want to get covid and then miss out on another Xmas with all my aging relatives or show up and infect/kill 'em. All of them are fully vaxxed but when you're >90 the death rate for double vaxxed is still around 14%. Not quite russian roulette odds, but getting close...

moorey

call me Mia
Receptionist at my work tested positive today.

Found out at 2pm right on knock off time. Everyone to get a test and isolate until negative result.

Got/had a good mate's wedding tomorrow
Your results will be back in 3…2…1…

Fingers crossed for negative, mate.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Pfizer booster last night, arm fucking sore and feeling fairly average…
Yeah I had mine last Friday. Moderna. Felt crapper by far than the last two Phizer jabs the next day. But woke up the day after and felt absolutely fine and went riding.

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when i had my booster last week i walked right through check in to a desk, and half the manned stations there were just waiting for arms to jab. Dropped my wife off today and the queue outside ran 200m around the corner. not as bad as the peak a few months back by a long shot but certainly ramping up.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
My sister had AZ for Vax 1&2 as her boss didn't think she was frontline enough being in Pathology and handling hundreds, if not thousands, of Covid swabs each shift. So she missed out on phase one Pfizer roll out last year and had to chase up phase two AZ in her own time. This was just before the blood clot panic too.
She had zero side effects with AZ but was knocked flat after her Pfizer booster recently.

I had AZ 1&2, first one had me out of action for 2 days and feeling normal again by the 4th day. Second was very mild, felt a tiny bit off for a day and fine thereafter.

My 5 year old is on the waitlist for Pfizer at the GP clinic and we've started discussing it with him. He's not excited about the needle but said he'll be happy afterwards.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The booster I had last night has ended up kicking my arse today… Am back in bed feeling sorry for myself…

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My sister had AZ for Vax 1&2 as her boss didn't think she was frontline enough being in Pathology and handling hundreds, if not thousands, of Covid swabs each shift. So she missed out on phase one Pfizer roll out last year and had to chase up phase two AZ in her own time. This was just before the blood clot panic too.
She had zero side effects with AZ but was knocked flat after her Pfizer booster recently.

I had AZ 1&2, first one had me out of action for 2 days and feeling normal again by the 4th day. Second was very mild, felt a tiny bit off for a day and fine thereafter.

My 5 year old is on the waitlist for Pfizer at the GP clinic and we've started discussing it with him. He's not excited about the needle but said he'll be happy afterwards.
I did (on one of the government pages) that you can request AZ for your booster if both your first shots were AZ. I think that's the route I'll be going to be honest.

It's funny how kids can understand the "greater good" concept but so many adults can't manage it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's funny how kids can understand the "greater good" concept but so many adults can't manage it.
So it's pretty much a ghost town around here at the moment. Lots of cafes/pubs/bars/restaurants have closed and the streets are empty. Even the local bike trails and beaches aren't busy. By contrast a few months ago when the government was telling people to stay home the crowds were unbelievable. Maybe the heat has something to do with it? Or people are just idiots...we can't let that damn government push us around.

Quinn has slight sniffle. Heading to the olds in a few days for Christmas, so getting a ‘quick’ test.
2h+ wait in line. FML.
Good luck. Other than my recent fairly swift results a lot of people here have been caught waiting days on end for results. The system was very quickly overwhelmed.