COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Also, the UK has huge numbers of people who have had covid which adds up to a far higher percentage than our levels if vaccination. I thought I saw one study tgat said 90% of the population had antibodies to covid. There are also recorded cases of peopke getting it three times.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Also, the UK has huge numbers of people who have had covid which adds up to a far higher percentage than our levels if vaccination. I thought I saw one study tgat said 90% of the population had antibodies to covid. There are also recorded cases of peopke getting it three times.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.
do you mean 90% people have antibodies because 90% of the population have had covid or 90% have antibodies because of a mixture of covid recoveries and vaccines administered?

I'm assuming you mean the latter.

THough last napkin math I did a couple weeks back, recorded covid cases since day 1 (whatever that is) accounted for only ~10% of their population being infected.

smaj

Likes Dirt
It's been our first day without having to wear masks outdoors in the ACT, and it's been a bit strange. I saw the majority of people at a couple of local shopping centres (Southlands and Garran) still happily wearing masks. I went for a walk to donate blood and felt kind of out of place not wearing one (until I went inside the centre, of course :). It's almost the reverse of what I expected, that everyone would be mask-free today. Maybe it's the age: 30's and higher? More likely to be more cautious?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's been our first day without having to wear masks outdoors in the ACT, and it's been a bit strange.
Smells like the old British pastime of taking your kid to a their friends house because they had chickenpox, so all the kids caught it.

cammas

Seamstress
Mmmm..... Endone... Its how we get through the day!
That shit is the devil! Had it when i had my hip replacement never want it again, full on night terrors and all sorts of bad stuff, ended up going three days without pain killers a week after surgery, as I preferred the pain to that until I saw my doctor.

A doctor I know says it’s his job to get people off that shit after they get hooked on it from other doctors prescribing it

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’ve had prescription endone. It’s fucking evil.

Prescription cbd/thc is a much better option. Down side is you can’t drive. GP needs to have completed the training and be authorised with the pbs. And you need to qualify with the special access scheme, and some states maybe still haven’t come on board. Vic has. Throw in recurring migraines since before you can remember to clear the medical qualification hurdle :)

3-5 days of a decent dose of thc, and the thc is in your blood for 30 days, so it’s a big lifestyle changing drug. GP will want to start you on 25:1 cbd/thc, but the magic happens at 1:1.

But. The results. It’s like you’ve pooped two panadine forte with 30 mg codine, two aspirin, and two ibuprofen and it lasts 24ish hours with none of the side effects.

cammas

Seamstress
It’s like you’ve pooped two panadine forte with 30 mg codine,
I don’t where you’re putting your panadeine forte but I thought they were taken orally :D

I have been looking into the thc as I suffer from migraines and fibromyalgia so sick of taking tablets that only partially help, just need to work out how I get this past my employer with mandatory drug testing onsite

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I don’t where you’re putting your panadeine forte but I thought they were taken orally :D

I have been looking into the thc as I suffer from migraines and fibromyalgia so sick of taking tablets that only partially help, just need to work out how I get this past my employer with mandatory drug testing onsite

Ahh, well, I’ve channelled my inner poodle and failed to proof read. No pooping on any of the pharma pain meds is a given though.

That’s the tough part, re acceptance. Victoria came close to changing driving laws to accomodate levels of thc in drivers blood in line with a valid prescription, but the two labour members on the review committee bugged out at the 11th hour citing the risk of the coming state election. Thanks cunts. Marginalise the sick just that little bit more.

Employers will be the last to accomodate I’m thinking.

My partner has fibro, the prescription drugs sure do SFA.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah the opiates are all bad - but fucking useful when you need them. I was sure as hell grateful for them for the few weeks after coming off the Trance, but was glad when I didn’t need them.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah the opiates are all bad - but fucking useful when you need them. I was sure as hell grateful for them for the few weeks after coming off the Trance, but was glad when I didn’t need them.
When someone mentions endone, I think of the 1 week built up shit that happens after, fckn have to flush the toilet halfway through.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Hooray...kids back at school 4 days, Mr11 complains last night about a sore throat, he wakes up this morning happily enough with no complaints, I get a slight tickle in the back of my throat about 2pm today, then this comes through about 6.45pm....FFS

Follow up on this, Mr 11's result came back about 4pm - negative. 8 hour turn around is pretty good. My result must be lost in the post but considering I'm approx 1 day behind with the exact same symptoms I can assume I'm probably negative as well.

Also news in from the school that it was a Kindy kid that was positive with no older siblings, so the upside for us is we aren't considered close or even casual contacts, the school has done a pretty good job of keeping the year groups apart with staggered drop off/pick up, recess and lunchtimes etc which means it can re-open on Monday to the older year groups...staring down the barrel of another 14 days of home schooling was looking challenging.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member