COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Jesus Fucking Christ, Australia. i think it's time we took a long hard look at ourselves.

Melbourne couple’s plea for early quarantine release to meet newborn rejected by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer (theage.com.au)

I'm all for a rigorous quarantine regime but how the fuck does separating a mother (who has tested f****ing NEGATIVE!) from her newborn baby work in terms of virus suppression!?

That's some Trump/ICE-level shit right there.
That is horrible. The sad reality is, now they've gone to the media, their case might be expedited. It's still too little too late though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I suspect they won't get any leniency. Governments want to play the hard game on this and look tough/vigilant for the safety of all...it's nearly as good for their rep as being tough on crime.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'd give you a golf clap but I'm going to have to deduct marks because 20th Century Boy is simply a cover of the much-more-famous T-Rex classic.

I mean, you could have used Nancy Boy in that sentence FFS. It was like their biggest hit!!!!
What's a golf clap, some weird STD from wearing plus4s and letting others wash your balls?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is horrible. The sad reality is, now they've gone to the media, their case might be expedited. It's still too little too late though.
It has to be getting very close to a human rights breach even with emergency powers enacted.. Both parents are vaccinated with 2 doses as well..
Qld gov really is leading the pack on being covid cnts.. So much hypocrisy, they let in any old movie/sporting star and the premier only got the jab because she might have to travel to Tokyo for the olympics.. She could have had it 3 months ago instead made up some yarn about a dog bite..