COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
We've been told that because we technically travel internationally for work, the company got allocated a set amount of vaccines allowing us to jump the queue.

The irony is that they won't administer it out here in case of complications so mine would be currently scheduled for when I return to work after 2 weeks in Howard Springs and 4 weeks leave.

By that time they'll probably be dishing it out at Kinder!
Worried you aren't bright enough for kinder?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn’t get vaccinated for me - I got vaccinated for other people - fuck me - but devastating to hurt or kill someone else just trying to live their life.
I did it for both me and others tbh..

After coping another Melb lockdown, my tolerance for anti-vax or vax excuse makers is pretty low.. Offer the jab to everyone, build a seperate anti-vax coronavirus shed (hospital) in each capital city then swing the doors of the country open.. We don’t want the non-vaxxed clogging up our hospital system, especially if I happen to hit a tree mtbing and need shoulder surgery...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
THIS IS NOT THE FLU! WE CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT LOCKDOWNS AND RESTRICTIONS WHILE REFUSING THE VACCINE.
I don't know...the virus is fake, the outbreaks are fake, the lockdowns are a violation of my rights, face masks are a myth, the vaccine is a control mechanism forced upon us, our freedom is being stolen every day using this farce as the mechanism for despots!!! Wake up sheeple and fight back before is too late!!! Or so I have been regularly told by those who have been exposed to the truth.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The US is offering prizes and incentives.....and it's working. I don't care what motivates people at the moment, I just want them motivated...
I saw that they are using an old Bunnings to hand out the jab in NSW. and that gave me an idea.
Set up a free sausage sizzle. Thats all the incentive the average Aussie needs! Hell, have a seperate stand for tofu burgers for those weird vegan types and another for hipsters handing out sushi burgers or something and you’ve got 99% of the population covered!

moorey

call me Mia
I don't know...the virus is fake, the outbreaks are fake, the lockdowns are a violation of my rights, face masks are a myth, the vaccine is a control mechanism forced upon us, our freedom is being stolen every day using this farce as the mechanism for despots!!! Wake up sheeple and fight back before is too late!!! Or so I have been regularly told by those who have been exposed to the truth.
I'm not even in the mood for satire over this any more. It's indistinguishable from what's actually happening.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah it does. I’m sure Victorian’s are more willing to get vaccinated than elsewhere in the country.
Not based on many of the cockwombles I come across and interact with on FB.
They've largely decided Dan is a chunt and thrown in the towel.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah it does. I’m sure Victorian’s are more willing to get vaccinated than elsewhere in the country.
A bit different to that graph but it seems it's really more the rate of change than the accumulative total that makes the difference. Anecdotally, vaccination rates jumped in all states in the last two weeks.

Victorians were doing a shit job of getting vaccinated as well while we had zero cases for months on end... right up until we had another outbreak that put us into another lockdown then all the people who had been eligible but sitting around doing nothing got their asses into gear.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You know I put on a mask the other and literally within seconds I couldn't tell the difference between breathing with it on or off.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Me too. I only get the flu jab every 2nd yr because it knocks me around. I can only guess the Pfizzer is going to fizz me for a day or two.
there might be some cool side-effects... since my A-Z vax, the neighbours are paying me to stand on the footpath so they can use me as a wireless hotspot. :D

Also, on a more serious note, as @Kerplunk said, I'm doing for others as much as me.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not even in the mood for satire over this any more. It's indistinguishable from what's actually happening.

Someone needs a hug.

I saw that they are using an old Bunnings to hand out the jab in NSW. and that gave me an idea.

Set up a free sausage sizzle. Thats all the incentive the average Aussie needs! Hell, have a seperate stand for tofu burgers for those weird vegan types and another for hipsters handing out sushi burgers or something and you’ve got 99% of the population covered!

That's here - abandoned site would be the correct phrase. Other than being a large vacant building, it is kind of in the middle of nowhere and has some difficult access issues for people who don't have a car.

You know I put on a mask the other and literally within seconds I couldn't tell the difference between breathing with it on or off.

They've been compulsory sporadically on public transport around Sydney and parts of NSW since Christmas. Once they are on you hardly notice. They can make it difficult for people to hear you or to speak clearly sometimes, but not frequently enough for it to be an issue worth not masking up when needed. There is still a high incidence on mouth covered, nose exposed going on though!

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Someone needs a hug.

That's here - abandoned site would be the correct phrase. Other than being a large vacant building, it is kind of in the middle of nowhere and has some difficult access issues for people who don't have a car.
Oh right. Just standard bureaucratic decisions then I see.