COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Love that cyber sci fi steam punk time traveller look. I'll wager he knew when he was coming back to from the future and came prepared.

Jpez

Down on the left!
My biggest shock scrolling through that shit was seeing someone I thought I knew pretty well neck deep in wack job conspiracy chit chat.

I wonder what the police would say when pulled over-
Po Po - “sir why are you out and about this morning?”

Me -“I’m going to a friends place to punch him in the nuts for being a 5G wack job”.

Po Po- “Righto- on your way then sir.“

moorey

call me Mia
I’m pleased that all the friends I blocked on FB have moved on and found a productive outlet for their time.

danncam

Likes Dirt
A person in our street has a freeman on the land type note on the entry to their property, full of "rights" "crowns" and basically antivax mumbo jumbo. sigh

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
well actually no we wouldn’t, likely these types of resp. viruses like sars-cov1/cov2, mers, rsv, swine flu 2009 and other upper/lower respiratory viruses have existed for many years, perhaps in humans, perhaps in other mammals (many of these viruses happily transit between diff mammals)
when people died in years gone past, like the elderly, nursing homes etc when they got colds/pneumonia/the flu their breathing g deteriorated, lungs filled with fluid, heart then had problems etc etc it was an an old/sick person dying.

over 500 people a day die from flu (do the math of that for 365 days a year) yet we have a vaccine for it - albeit a vaccine that changes almost yearly due to a high mutation rate of that particular virus..the flu virus is quite unique in that it is both highly infectious (like sars-cov2) and mutates it’s 2 component parts (i’ll call them H & N)
the H & N have roughly 5 or 6 changes, so 1 flu year you get h1n1, next year can be h3n2, yr after h3n5 and so on and so forth...the n1h1 is by far the most dangerous strain, the great war outbreak of 1918-20 was caused by this strain, as was the 2009 swine flu pandemic, this strain is dangerous, as it kills fit healthy young people, such as soldiers, that other flu strains only make you sick for 3-5 days with headache;sore joints etc. we likely won;t have another devastating flu pandemic like the spanish flu as humans have an extra 100 years of immunity, yes lots more people would die from a h1n2 strain, but not to the effect of 1918/9 when millions or people perished.

here is an article of newly discovered resp viruses, i’d of new resp. viruses in the new millenium , the article concludes we still don;t what causes know some where between 12-39% of severe resp. infections, how they get such a big range is beyond me, but it shows
we don’t know lots of viruses exist, and we often put them down to something else, eg i had the “flu” or a ”cold”