Confessions from the fuckwits

PJO

in me vL comy
Taking the bottom bracket out of a frame tonight, my son has been riding for the last couple of years. Left side comes out no problem, right side moves a bit but then jams. Double and triple check them I'm turning the correct way (it is a left hand thread). Move it back and forth a bit but it's bloody stiff. Spray a bit of wd40 in try again, eventually it moves but is difficult all the way out. Have a look at the cup, half the threads are missing, fuck. Hope the shell is ok, can't reuse the cup, it's probably been in there for four years and not been touched.

Found a spare right side to put in the newer frame for Derby trip tomorrow. No time to check and see if the frame is ok, worry about it when I get back, probably didn't put grease or antisieze in there.
Fuck wit.
Also fuck wit for doing it the night before going away.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I went down to the garage to install my new shock on my new frame. I had removed the old shock a couple of days ago and posted it off to a new home...

...and I am pretty sure that one of the bushing/reducer/insert or whatever you like to call it that runs through the eyelet (not the DU bushing) for fitment to the frame is still in the shock! With postal service operating how it currently is this could take many weeks.

moorey

call me Mia
Not that am planning to…but I’ll wager it requires the premium paid version of Runkeeper, not the freebie I use.
Good to know for if Runkeeper ever folds though.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
What derailleur are you chasing?
There are a few on here that have a spares box like a scrap car yard....
I'm usually one of them . All good though, just needed a mid cage 11sp, which is actually in stock at a reasonable price around the net so I've ordered one up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I went down to the garage to install my new shock on my new frame. I had removed the old shock a couple of days ago and posted it off to a new home...

...and I am pretty sure that one of the bushing/reducer/insert or whatever you like to call it that runs through the eyelet (not the DU bushing) for fitment to the frame is still in the shock! With postal service operating how it currently is this could take many weeks.
Well I have a short term solution...I was able to borrow from one of my other idle projects.

cammas

Seamstress
As per my little things I hate post of course I had to f@ck something up!
Daughters boyfriend drops off the bearings for me, I’m like sweet I’ll just finish up a few things with work and I’ll knock this job out. While I’m sitting at the laptop I’ll just check them out open one all good, open the other one WTF! That don’t look right, check the number on the box mmmm that doesn’t look right 6902? Ah fark it that should be 6903 ok now I have to go there and swap them over, at least they were the same price. Well my wheel is fixed, spinning smoothly and no more cassette movement but now I need to change out the cable housing as I think that isn’t helping the shifting performance. :rolleyes:

cammas

Seamstress
As per my little things I hate post of course I had to f@ck something up!
Daughters boyfriend drops off the bearings for me, I’m like sweet I’ll just finish up a few things with work and I’ll knock this job out. While I’m sitting at the laptop I’ll just check them out open one all good, open the other one WTF! That don’t look right, check the number on the box mmmm that doesn’t look right 6902? Ah fark it that should be 6903 ok now I have to go there and swap them over, at least they were the same price. Well my wheel is fixed, spinning smoothly and no more cassette movement but now I need to change out the cable housing as I think that isn’t helping the shifting performance. :rolleyes:
Ever lay there in bed and go oh fuck I left something out/off! Well I did that this morning, realised that as I used the end cap to snug the bearing in the freewheel, that I just put everything together without putting the circlip back on that goes in between them. Guess what I was doing at 6:30 this morning :rolleyes: