Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

ausdb

Being who he is
Early this morning, on a mission for the most widely abused central nervous system stimulant know to man kind when the trusty sunbeam sends a massive sperm whale sized squirt of hot water onto the kitchen floor

The group head had turned back 30 degrees, opening up a gap. The collar that the group head locates into is worn.

Pulled her apart, too hard to fix, the lips on the inside of the collar are on a 15 degree angle, building up a jig to mount it onto the rotary table in the mill would be a day long exercise, not worth it for a once off repair. New collar and group head are available but unwise I feel and close to second hand prices for newer machines. RIP old girl. After rebuilding her for now I’m holding onto the group head handle like Hans Gruber about to go over the edge of Nakatomi Plaza.

@link1896. Looks like you are a serial up/over doser!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Need new group head too, they both wear together, well mine are all shagged at least. . I’ve found newer second hand em7000’s for $200, as long as collar isn’t worn, same same inside give or take

Steam not working, guessing microswitch that sends signal back to controller isn’t working.

Isn’t the collar/group head the same thing? Or is there another part in there that’s worn. If picking up machines for $200 hard to justify spending half on parts.

Might be the switch can hear/feel a click but no steam, need to find the time and pull apart again.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
@link1896. Looks like you are a serial up/over doser!
Overclocking one's espresso maker is a thing.

@link1896 sir, next time you have a genuine life emergency like that, please call the national ristretto hotline, and our highly trained operators will be at your location within 15min to perform a life-saving caffeine infusion directly into your preferred orifice or vein. This should get you through the morning (YMMV) and allow you to conduct proper repairs or source replacements. :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Overclocking one's espresso maker is a thing.

@link1896 sir, next time you have a genuine life emergency like that, please call the national ristretto hotline, and our highly trained operators will be at your location within 15min to perform a life-saving caffeine infusion directly into your preferred orifice or vein. This should get you through the morning (YMMV) and allow you to conduct proper repairs or source replacements. :)
You'll want to bring the super soaker. He likes to start the day with a coffee enema.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just went thru this challlenge , new group head seal .
next morning steam knob came off
( used my extensive swear capabilities)
reattached , jiggled it about and it has stayed working .
its such a good machine , nearly 9 yrs old .

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I like playing this game.

I've had my La Pavoni for 16 years now, done the seals about eight times, probably around 17,000 coffees and $60,000 minimum if I'd bought them at a coffee shop.

New seal kits are fitting less and less well, so thinking of a very tasty upgrade this year...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

I've had my La Pavoni for 16 years now, done the seals about eight times, probably around 17,000 coffees and $60,000 minimum if I'd bought them at a coffee shop.

New seal kits are fitting less and less well, so thinking of a very tasty upgrade this year...
New coffee machine or new bike?

creaky

XMAS Plumper

This game is much more purchase reaffirming than the mtb $/km calculations in the other thread....

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
that Is a fantastic run @Tubbsy !
The great thing about the La Pavoni is there's no pump to fail, everything is available as a spare because they've hardly changed in decades and it's just a really nice simple design. Not great for pumping out lots of coffees quickly, though it does heat up fast.

Thinking of relegating it to secondary duties and stepping up to a Linea Mini to see me through the next decade or two.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
My SAB Nobel is well overdue a grouphead seal but I can't get the frigging shower screen off to replace it. Looks like its going for a service.