Chain Lube

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Squirt sucks. Claggy. I like Muck Off dry so you're fucked there as a recommendation. It's the best for our dry, gravelly conditions here. I do rate the stuff by Ride Mechanic though. They do a Bike mix which is pretty good.
All the Squirt I’ve had is quite milky out of the bottle and has gone on and worked beautifully. Maybe you got a bad batch?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
All the Squirt I’ve had is quite milky out of the bottle and has gone on and worked beautifully. Maybe you got a bad batch?
My bad, my explanation wasn't very good. Goes on fine and I've always left it overnight to dry. But I've found it attracts a lot of dust. More so than the Muck off or Ride Mechabic lubes I use. So you end up with claggy jockey wheels

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
My bad, my explanation wasn't very good. Goes on fine and I've always left it overnight to dry. But I've found it attracts a lot of dust. More so than the Muck off or Ride Mechabic lubes I use. So you end up with claggy jockey wheels
Fair enough. I get a bit of that at the chain ring but not the jockey wheels for some reason. I apply it just as the links are about to reach the chain ring, so maybe that’s the reason why?

DMan

Fair enough. I get a bit of that at the chain ring but not the jockey wheels for some reason. I apply it just as the links are about to reach the chain ring, so maybe that’s the reason why?
It could be. How dusty are the conditions you ride in though? But either way, if it works for you then that's all that matters really.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
It could be. How dusty are the conditions you ride in though? But either way, if it works for you then that's all that matters really.
Winters alright but in the dry months I finish a ride looking very tanned.

Every time I talk something up it turns to shit immediately afterwards so I’m looking forward to my drivetrain clogging up on Thursday night now…

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree, I had the same experience with Finish Line.
I'll have a look for that other gear

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Rock n Roll Blue seems to last longer on the kids bikes than what Gold did. Can't say exactly how much longer though.
RnR Blue is miles better than Gold. I use it on all the bikes now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DMan

Winters alright but in the dry months I finish a ride looking very tanned.

Every time I talk something up it turns to shit immediately afterwards so I’m looking forward to my drivetrain clogging up on Thursday night now…
Never! At least you are
RnR Blue is miles better than Gold. I use it on all the bikes now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
That's a lot of Rnr....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Prepare to be offended you lube snobs..! I get endless kilometres from a quick squirt of the good stuff once every couple of weeks. I live very close to the beach so cop salt air and sea spray, ride pretty much every day, get rained on frequently, trails are very dry and dusty, never measure or rotate my chain until is absolutely rooted, clean it with a squirt of the same stuff I lube it with or sometimes WD-40! Other than installing a new chain when building a new bike I can't remember the last time I swapped out a chain.

images (44).jpeg
images (46).jpeg

I definitely get longer lasting benefits from the Inox over silicone.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Prepare to be offended you lube snobs..! I get endless kilometres from a quick squirt of the good stuff once every couple of weeks. I live very close to the beach so cop salt air and sea spray, ride pretty much every day, get rained on frequently, trails are very dry and dusty, never measure or rotate my chain until is absolutely rooted, clean it with a squirt of the same stuff I lube it with or sometimes WD-40! Other than installing a new chain when building a new bike I can't remember the last time I swapped out a chain.

View attachment 382492View attachment 382493

Is that the sheep lube?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Confess! This is the real reason why you had to run your rotors through the dish washer.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
This is after 101km. Contrary to what @moorey reckons, you can have it both ways; ride featured a mix of muddy puddles, tacky clay and dusty gravel.

Flow-Rider

Burner