Census 2021

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just completed this. Far less onerous than the last one. Seemed to be skewed to full time or permanent employment. Based on complaints I had heard really very little information. Other thoughts?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yes far less onerous.

But still...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I did mine a week ago on the net. Cant remember that many questions, it the 10th and all 4 people are accounted for, at home, as predicted.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I didn't find it too bad. Did mine on the weekend. Told it I rode to work today, but feeling a tad flat I actually druv in. But I mostly ride, so went for the usual means.

moorey

call me Mia
Wifey loves this shit thankfully. Pretty painless online…at least she’s not bothered me too much about it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
SFA questions, would appear all this has achieved is validating the commonwealths master database.
Strong agree, this will pretty much only cover "how far do people travel to work?" and "what's the average income of X suburb?".

The move to (predominantly) online only is understandable in the current COVID-riddled times, but seems to exaggerate the divide between the haves and have nots even more than traditional paper-based version.

I always wonder if anyone goes to the homeless shelters and camps on census night, or houses that don't respond after the night to capture the responses of those who can't read English, etc...

moorey

call me Mia
Strong agree, this will pretty much only cover "how far do people travel to work?" and "what's the average income of X suburb?".

The move to (predominantly) online only is understandable in the current COVID-riddled times, but seems to exaggerate the divide between the haves and have nots even more than traditional paper-based version.

I always wonder if anyone goes to the homeless shelters and camps on census night, or houses that don't respond after the night to capture the responses of those who can't read English, etc...
Essentially, yes. I know my organizing is doing their best to account for those who can’t/wouldn’t do it themselves. There will always be gaps of course.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Oh no Sir, we just fine them. It's much more streamline that way.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Essentially, yes. I know my organizing is doing their best to account for those who can’t/wouldn’t do it themselves. There will always be gaps of course.
Good stuff. I've never been there gladly, but can't help but wonder how many underprivileged/homeless folk get missed with things like this. All too easy for the Gov to say they're providing adequate funding/services (lol, with a Liberal Government - yeah right! :rolleyes:) when they don't bother to count who's out there.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Had it easy setting up the online form...then went to make dinner. Meanwhile, the Lad filled it all in for M'lady and myself...then submitted it without asking either of us to check it. No idea how truthful any of it actually was...