Census 2021

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
You have a household income of $7m, you’re Latvian orthodox, and do 80h of household chores per week.
Well, I have 9 bikes under the house, so if I adjust for what I could have if I were to sell my bike assets, 7m might be an understatement.
Bike maintenance also counts as a household chore, even though I enjoy it, so 80hrs is reasonable there too.

As for Latvian Orthodox... pretty sure they worship bikes right?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Well, I have 9 bikes under the house, so if I adjust for what I could have if I were to sell my bike assets, 7m might be an understatement.
Bike maintenance also counts as a household chore, even though I enjoy it, so 80hrs is reasonable there too.

As for Latvian Orthodox... pretty sure they worship bikes right?
The Church of the High Pivot Idler Pulley and Latter Day Saints.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I get the point of high pivot in relation to the changes in wheelbase during suspension travel and that it is likely a better arrangement but is it really an issue?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I get the point of high pivot in relation to the changes in wheelbase during suspension travel and that it is likely a better arrangement but is it really an issue?
For an "all-mountain" or descending-focused bike I look at it from a "If you can have it - why not?" point of view. An idler gear, bearing bolt and threaded lug in the frame can't be too much extra cost for the manufacturers to bear when (carbon) frames are already retailing for ~$6,000 AUD these days, and if it it makes the suspension works 2% better and helps preserve weight balance during compressions heck yeah I want it.

Would I want it for an XC bike or trail bike? Nah, why bother with the extra moving bits/weight/maintenance...