Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Minlak

custom titis
Checked again and old mate still hasn't had a shit so my package remains in place - Going away anyway so don't need anything for a week.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Like Qantas 99% full planes so not too fussed about the freight income.
6-12 months when more planes and flights are back in the schedule and airlines start competeing again for passengers
the flight price will drop and secondary income will become more important. In the mean time "suck it" *

* direct quote from Alan something.

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Like Qantas 99% full planes so not too fussed about the freight income.
6-12 months when more planes and flights are back in the schedule and airlines start competeing again for passengers
the flight price will drop and secondary income will become more important. In the mean time "suck it" *

* direct quote fron Alan something.
This is probably right. Have had to travel to Germany for the first time since covid hit and no deals on airfares. Indeed everything associated with travel is at least twice as expensive. Not sure on planes bring full though. Plane to Singapore and plane to Munich were about half empty. Of course not exactly peak tourist season.

On the plus side German bike parts are overnight delivery.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
I just got 'invited' into the Qantas International Business Lounge; only $69 for Sydney and $59 for Auckland.

Aren't Qantas wonderful.

Minlak

custom titis
They do faster shits in Aus it seems - only took 13 hrs to squeeze it out - It is in the interesting phase of delivery now - Has been passed to a regional partner in Brisbane and the tracking went dead silent :) (as per usual)

Still left on 7th in Brisbane on the 13th and it crossed the date line so 4 days isn't that bad - Was expecting much worse but then it was the "Express" service.

However I am starting to feel "Express" is the new "Medium" (You know in Movie Theatres especially you can get a Medium, a large and an extra large but no small option) So I think "Express" might almost be a name now like "9 out of !0 Doctors Recommend"

1668374171958.png

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Not quite bike part related, but an Amazon order made at the start of September made it to Aus within 2 weeks and then vanished.
Amazon could not track it and got a refund.
Turned up on Saturday which is 9 weeks after the order and 7 weeks "lost" in Aus which is a new record.

Minlak

custom titis
Not quite bike part related, but an Amazon order made at the start of September made it to Aus within 2 weeks and then vanished.
Amazon could not track it and got a refund.
Turned up on Saturday which is 9 weeks after the order and 7 weeks "lost" in Aus which is a new record.
The reason I am paying so much in freight from the USA currently is that USPS (United States Postal Service) Suspended deliveries to Australia as they were sitting waiting over a month - then Freight companies were employed - they cost more and packages still sat for over a month - there were thousands of packages refunded as undelivered to then be delivered 2 month later or returned to the shops. People are making a killing in the states buying undeliverable packages (by the pallet) opening them and re selling them - Saw on the other day they paid $11000 and got stuff worth over $42000.
So a lot of companies now say sure we will ship to you but only in the Express version of any freight provider as it will get there and be no loss to us.

Although I understand in some places freight pricing is getting to be "Normal" again pricing. - Although reading these forums many people are ordering then getting emails saying "Oh by the way pay this much more for freight or we will cancel the order"

Flow-Rider

Burner
The reason I am paying so much in freight from the USA currently is that USPS (United States Postal Service) Suspended deliveries to Australia as they were sitting waiting over a month - then Freight companies were employed - they cost more and packages still sat for over a month - there were thousands of packages refunded as undelivered to then be delivered 2 month later or returned to the shops. People are making a killing in the states buying undeliverable packages (by the pallet) opening them and re selling them - Saw on the other day they paid $11000 and got stuff worth over $42000.
So a lot of companies now say sure we will ship to you but only in the Express version of any freight provider as it will get there and be no loss to us.

Although I understand in some places freight pricing is getting to be "Normal" again pricing. - Although reading these forums many people are ordering then getting emails saying "Oh by the way pay this much more for freight or we will cancel the order"
It's happening world wide, it was $2 in americano value too

1668396532450.png

Minlak

custom titis
Mine went from Sydney to Brisbane with DHL - then passed to local partner - then 2 days later passed to regional partner - I assume tomorrow it will go to the remote partner :)