Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Lordgun as good as ever, ordered 13th arrived today with a stop at customs. That’s good service
LordGun are great, a few under the radar ungeo'd items, good prices and the shipping price is on par with some of the German shops now. Shipping speed is out of this world !

The only downside is the shipping cost increases with weight/volume. There's a certain limit before it jumps, usually 3 tyres tips the scales ;)

Scotty675

Cable thief
Yeah gone are the days of cheap shipping unfortunately. Even R2 are charging per $$$ spent now. These were sent UPS which was cheapest option. Unfortunately they didn’t slip through customs though.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Lordgun as good as ever, ordered 13th arrived today with a stop at customs. That’s good service
Yeah I'll second that. Went with them over BikeInn for some new brakes after you posted this, first time I've ordered from them. Ordered last Wednesday, delivered today to Northern Rivers NSW which usually adds an extra couple of days transit. 7 day turnaround is great. Shipping wasn't cheap but whole lot still came in way cheaper than buying locally, and was within +/- $15 of basically all the big EU stores.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Chain Reaction are trying to compete with the Germans for "slowest parcel delivery service" since they started using EVRi.

2 weeks after dispatch and the parcel has finally left Great Britain.

It's the luck of the draw whether you get DHL or EVRi. DHL takes about one week, EVRi takes the scenic route.

CRC Evri.jpg

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Chain Reaction are trying to compete with the Germans for "slowest parcel delivery service" since they started using EVRi.

It's the luck of the draw whether you get DHL or EVRi. DHL takes about one week, EVRi takes the scenic route.

View attachment 394148
Unless you get the DHL that ship it to Ohio and it sits in US customs for 10 days for physical inspection before sending it on its way to Aus. And of course they didn't re-wrap the frame after the inspection so there are a few blemishes for banging around unwrapped.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

View attachment 394148
damn, CRC/Wiggle have been "Joyced" :(. Surely the evil Leprechaun wasn't CEO there too?!?!?!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

View attachment 394148
EVRi are terrible. I had 2 deliveries that were REALLY slow and when i followed up with Chainreaction the tracking suddenly showed bother parcels as ‘delivered’ at 2:30am… They finally showed up another week later after the local delivery company said there was an issue with the address (which has never been a problem before) and when i got them the address was very clear.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered a SPCycle frame off Ali on 25/10 and it arrived in Newcastle NSW in 10 days. Was not using a courier service either.
Ze Germans need to pickup their game.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Ordered a SPCycle frame off Ali on 25/10 and it arrived in Newcastle NSW in 10 days. Was not using a courier service either.
Ze Germans need to pickup their game.
Every frame I have had from Asia has been delivered in great time. Every frame from the UK or USA has taken ages and there has always been delays and BS. Honestly western delivery companies need to pick up their game.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
How is everyone going with gst and duties these days? I got hit with gst and a small duties fee as expected with my frame/forks/shock/dropper from Germany but managed to get a delivery from bike components that was just over $1k through without further charges. What’s the limit these days??

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
How is everyone going with gst and duties these days? I got hit with gst and a small duties fee as expected with my frame/forks/shock/dropper from Germany but managed to get a delivery from bike components that was just over $1k through without further charges. What’s the limit these days??
Fight club rules apply don’t they?