Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That was quick from Wiggle but I also paid my extra $10 for express. I was expecting it to be floating between European airports till January.
Last piece of the Nickel puzzle.

wiggle112022.jpg

K.C.

Likes Dirt
i think its getting ok-ish about 10days sitting at frankfurt on 14nov, it arrived mel 23nov
had one in october also about 10days in frankfurt

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I’ve had an order sitting there since the 16th. Hopeful of movement soon but could get swallowed into the Christmas vortex o_O

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Hey folks, lookingat some 28 spoke dt wheels in 12x100/142 (flame suit on). Seems like R2 is willing to send it here. For $800aud landed.

1. What's the go with R2 are they registered for GST or is the customs folks doing to rape me?
2. Any other good sources for hubs/wheels?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Hey folks, lookingat some 28 spoke dt wheels in 12x100/142 (flame suit on). Seems like R2 is willing to send it here. For $800aud landed.

1. What's the go with R2 are they registered for GST or is the customs folks doing to rape me?
2. Any other good sources for hubs/wheels?
R2 are pretty good, much the same as the other German sellers.
Some of them have been charging a large item levy for smaller packages lately.
Check out Bike24 as they might still be €20 for a wheelset.
BikeComponents and HiBike are also an option.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
R2 are pretty good, much the same as the other German sellers.
Some of them have been charging a large item levy for smaller packages lately.
Check out Bike24 as they might still be €20 for a wheelset.
BikeComponents and HiBike are also an option.
Hibike are currently holding your order to ransom for extra postage costs after you've already paid for your order.

I ordered some small stuff and got hit with extra postage charges, I'd hate to think how much they'd tack on for a wheelset!

Personally I'd avoid them unless they've changed this practice.

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Hibike are currently holding your order to ransom for extra postage costs after you've already paid for your order.

I ordered some small stuff and got hit with extra postage charges, I'd hate to think how much they'd tack on for a wheelset!

Personally I'd avoid them unless they've changed this practice.
Agree with this. You just don't know what Hibike are going to hit you with until your order is processed. You can pull out of ther deal at that stage but its such as waste of time… I would recommend any of the other German sellers over Hibike these days.

ozzybmx

Agree with this. You just don't know what Hibike are going to hit you with until your order is processed. You can pull out of ther deal at that stage but its such as waste of time… I would recommend any of the other German sellers over Hibike these days.
I've read a few of the members here reporting on this.
The strange thing is all the other sellers except Bike24 have raised their shipping to €40, Hibike still on €22, why don't they just raise the shipping to €40 and stop asking for additional postage after the sale. At least the buyer knows what they are up for before the decision to buy.

ozzybmx

What;s the status with GST and all of that? Do they do it for under $1k?
As Tubbsy above ^^^

Some packages even get through when they are over $1000, these seem to be packages that swap from courier/post/contractor during delivery.

The bigger door to door courier companies will bill you direct. FedEx etc... will collect the customs fees and GST on every package exceeding $1000 then supposedly pass it on to the Aus gov afterwards.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I've read a few of the members here reporting on this.
The strange thing is all the other sellers except Bike24 have raised their shipping to €40, Hibike still on €22, why don't they just raise the shipping to €40 and stop asking for additional postage after the sale. At least the buyer knows what they are up for before the decision to buy.
hard agree. Hibike seem to sometimes still be cheaper (even after their additional charge) but the fact it is unknown until you make your purchase really puts me off.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
If it's under $1k customs won't look at it regardless of whether R2 collect GST or not.
This has usually been my experience, but I feel they do discriminate against big packages. This is a wheelset I am ordering so no doubt they will double take.