Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I ordered from BIKEINN (spain) on the 17th Jan arrived on the 31st via Amsterdam.
Yep notice a lot of their stuff comes from that direction. 3 orders from them in the last year and all the same.

Also they seemed to have copped a shimano geoblock but now selling shimano (albeit at slightly higher prices) again?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Bits ordered late Thursdee night Melbourne time, so around lunchtime in Germany. Despatched same day, only to end up in bloody Frankfurt..... :rolleyes:
Now over two weeks without movement. :confused: By contrast, ordered a seatpost to match the other bits on Thursdee just gone from a mob called Deporvillage in Spain. That package is already in Singapore. At this rate I'll see it before the other stuff that was ordered two weeks prior!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Now over two weeks without movement. :confused: By contrast, ordered a seatpost to match the other bits on Thursdee just gone from a mob called Deporvillage in Spain. That package is already in Singapore. At this rate I'll see it before the other stuff that was ordered two weeks prior!
What was shipping cost like on Deporvillage? They have a few small parts I can’t find elsewhere.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Delivery can leaving your chateau this morn. Thought I might get some free bike parts but remembered the cameras ;)
Damn... will have to check the post box and front door.
It's good to have another burner keep an eye on your deliveries :)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Damn... will have to check the post box and front door.
It's good to have another burner keep an eye on your deliveries :)
Ha. And my post has gone. Was editing it. Looks like I did something wrong.:confused:

Couriers Please doing the delivery so likely thrown somewhere. :p

ozzybmx

Ha. And my post has gone. Was editing it. Looks like I did something wrong.:confused:

Couriers Please doing the delivery so likely thrown somewhere. :p
Correct, middle of the veranda... not even against the door.

Looks like it was thrown but its ok, its the missus stuff and feels spongy.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Seatpost, ordered last week is on track for delivery tomorrow. 7 days from Spain on DHL Express. Meanwhile the other cockbit bits via standard DHL are still in fucking Frunkfart, three weeks on. :mad: How can two divisions of the one parent company be so different?

ozzybmx

some sort of low-profile internally fitted plug and a c-clamp should help you avoid any whoopsies ;)
Just don't make me laugh, fart, reach, hiccup... the prostate has a small sphincter that does the work for you... I will have to use my pelvic floor muscles after the op. Which is what we use now, just not for that involuntary grab... which means a wet spot occasionally ;)

CHEWY

Eats Squid
How long is shipping from bike24 taking these days?
Need a couple of ex511 rims. Or is there somewhere better to get them from?

ozzybmx

How long is shipping from bike24 taking these days?
Need a couple of ex511 rims. Or is there somewhere better to get them from?
My last Bike24 in November was 17 days to the door. 5 of those were in Aus.

Strange how things have changed since my boys stopped riding. That was my last German order... previous 5 yrs there was one every 3-4 weeks.

Due a couple of bits soon though ;)