Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

smiffy

Likes Bikes
Has anyone had any problems getting parts shipped over from America? I thought I'd ask first before I do anything.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Has anyone had any problems getting parts shipped over from America? I thought I'd ask first before I do anything.
Just yesterday i looked at DVO Jade shock from DVO direct. Was 30% off making it cheaper than ze germans. But they wanted $75 USD shipping as a flat rate. So would want to combine orders, but then would you also get Aussie side customs or taxes?

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Just yesterday i looked at DVO Jade shock from DVO direct. Was 30% off making it cheaper than ze germans. But they wanted $75 USD shipping as a flat rate. So would want to combine orders, but then would you also get Aussie side customs or taxes?
Was it cheaper or was it in USD and so appeared cheaper? I cant tell on their website if it automatically adjusts to AUD or if everything is in USD.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks like I have lost my VIP box in the Frankfurt warehouse :p

On average around 2 German orders a month and not many of them were over 12 days before hitting Aus soil... was feeling like I was getting some preferential treatment.

Kids stop riding, German orders are few and far between.

DHL gods get angry.

Package has now nearly hit the 3 week mark and no movement.

Looks like I'm back to scumming it, expecting holes in the tattered box ;)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

On average around 2 German orders a month and not many of them were over 12 days before hitting Aus soil... was feeling like I was getting some preferential treatment.

DHL gods get angry.

Verdamnte Scheisse Ozzy, Der Mensch darf nicht den Zorn der DHL-Götter auf sich ziehen !!! :oops:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well that, and Scheisse has gone somewhat sideways in Germany with strikes and a heightened Terry Wrist alert.

The broken Frankfurt (re)Tardis is most likely a low priority action item for the Germans at the moment.

Flow-Rider

Burner

DHL gods get angry.

Looks like you've had a good run, I gave up with the germans after bike24 sent me an empty box with a large tear in it. They had no interest in helping with an insurance claim and Austpost played on it.

ozzybmx

Looks like you've had a good run, I gave up with the germans after bike24 sent me an empty box with a large tear in it. They had no interest in helping with an insurance claim and Austpost played on it.
That was shit :(

Did you try PayPal or CC company ?

ozzybmx

One now getting kicked around for a month, added another a week ago, now 2 being booted around Franky's hangar.

Do your part to fill the plane please :D

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
One now getting kicked around for a month, added another a week ago, now 2 being booted around Franky's hangar.

Do your part to fill the plane please :D
I'm helping... One order with bike24, which apparently is packed, but haven't received the shipping notification.

And an order with pinion-bikes.de which was ordered, invoiced and shipped same day...