Bargain buys thread

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I believe this is one reason for the change as they post the items individually to the pickup store rather than as a bulk shipment...
As such you could also use the tracking to alter the delivery address, hypothetically of course...

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Their parent company is a courier/freight business isn't it?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Yep. Maybe FRF couriers from memory?
they diverged a couple of months ago - the tulamarine warehouse whereby they had stock of things is now a separae entity, hence some of their pickup locations are gone - i used to use tulla all he time to pick up stuff on way home from Melbs

i now can't even get stuff on delivery to prahran store -postage only - but my regional postcode has no free delivery attached, yet the next postcode to me 3442 gets free postage -they told me they are using a computer generated algorithm, if auspost costs them under a certain amount customer gets it free, over a certain amount customer pays; pita as things came quick -delivery times have gone up since they are not using FRF either, i mostly got stuff arriving next afternoon at tullamarine frf depot -now goods are taking 3-4 days

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FFS. Its cheaper for me to buy a new XT 11spd shifter, 11 speed 11-46 cassette and 11 speed chain than replace a GX 12 speed cassette. Same fkn weight too and better shifting. No brainer?
You answered your own question

I have recently gone from GX 12 speed to XT 11 speed and could not be happier - For what it is worth, I've been SRAM for life until that GX 12 speed junk. I've heard it mentioned before, but I can't fathom how there is multiple levels of SRAM under GX

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
You answered your own question

I have recently gone from GX 12 speed to XT 11 speed and could not be happier - For what it is worth, I've been SRAM for life until that GX 12 speed junk. I've heard it mentioned before, but I can't fathom how there is multiple levels of SRAM under GX
Is 11sp SLX any cheaper and or worse in quality (apart from the shifter)?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wish I picked up the XT RD last time....
$118... in hindsight, it was a crack
I have no experience with Shimano prior to this swap.

My personal opinion is that 12 speed is too tight spacing for MTB, the tolerance is very fine for something that regularly gets dragged through shrub.

XX1 11 speed is the gold standard

You are right !

Unless you spend big on XX1/X0 and XTR... though I have nothing but good to say about XT, I am putting XT in the same tight tolerance group.

SLX has a flimsy cage and bends very easily.

MTB should have topped out at 11, better still 10spd... X0 10 was awesome.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
$118... in hindsight, it was a crack

You are right !

Unless you spend big on XX1/X0 and XTR... though I have nothing good to say about XT, I am putting XT in the same tight tolerance group. SLX has a flimsy cage and bends very easily.

MTB should have topped out at 11, better still 10spd... X0 10 was awesome.
I’m just gunna say it....if you’re unhappy with the feel and reliability of XT 11sp, you don’t deserve bikes.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’m just gunna say it....if you’re unhappy with the feel and reliability of XT 11sp, you don’t deserve bikes.
Been the best value for money, bang for buck group since forever.

Its awesome on my Highlander, 12spd XT is the dogs balls... though 11 and 10 without the range are the same.

Minlak

custom titis
FFS. Its cheaper for me to buy a new XT 11spd shifter, 11 speed 11-46 cassette and 11 speed chain than replace a GX 12 speed cassette. Same fkn weight too and better shifting. No brainer?
Except different driver got to factor that in too - I already had the Shimano driver just went 11 spd for new drive train.