Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Decided to try and keep my momentum going on this and tick a big one off.
This one nearly broke me lol. Was trying so hard to keep it under 4 hours, was not going to happen.

Must say though, all this zwifting seems to have had a dramatic effect on my fitness.
Got out on the MTB this morning, first uphill felt like I was riding an Ebike!

View attachment 401204
I see I was a lot fitter and stronger a year and a half ago. I imagine Acko will do it sub 2.5hr.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Decided to try and keep my momentum going on this and tick a big one off.
This one nearly broke me lol. Was trying so hard to keep it under 4 hours, was not going to happen.

Must say though, all this zwifting seems to have had a dramatic effect on my fitness.
Got out on the MTB this morning, first uphill felt like I was riding an Ebike!
A lot of people will pooh-pooh the idea of zwifting as an easier workout, but i'm more cactus after an hour on that trainer than i am after almost any given 2hr ride on a MTB. you get no rest, you push to hold other people or just to beat your own times, its just a more intense workout for pure legwork. Since i started on zwift, i've needed no "warm up" to the spring season start after hibernating for the cold and wet months. i'm soft and i've come to terms with that, but at least now i bounce out into spring with the strength of a gorilla that has the strength of 2 gorillas :p

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
A lot of people will pooh-pooh the idea of zwifting as an easier workout, but i'm more cactus after an hour on that trainer than i am after almost any given 2hr ride on a MTB. you get no rest, you push to hold other people or just to beat your own times, its just a more intense workout for pure legwork. Since i started on zwift, i've needed no "warm up" to the spring season start after hibernating for the cold and wet months. i'm soft and i've come to terms with that, but at least now i bounce out into spring with the strength of a gorilla that has the strength of 2 gorillas :p
FAKE NEWS

There is nothing hard about playing a computer game.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Managed to somehow get to wear three KOM jerseys across the ride thanks to zwifts 1hr expiry. I think I got the volcano at the actual line.

Didn't hate it as much as I thought I would, though the final 20ish km seemed just like return to base junk.

Will have to try hold z3 for longer while transiting between the climbs and try not to crack on adz while still doing a sub 50 if I want to have any chance at getting close to 2.5hr.

I'm sure there's nanoseconds to be had in doing bike swaps too

Screenshot_20230717-132628.png

Screenshot_20230717-132615.png

Screenshot_20230717-132648.png

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You could zwift while sitting at Mr Burns' plant....

Who's your source on dates?
Anything that involves exertion would never pass a risk assessment and by the time the hierarchy of control was worked through, rather than a bot riding an ebike to make the job easier, they'd just eliminate it at the first step.

There was several coming up with that date. I'm just a listener.

I've even pencilled it in to my phone calendar as Sept is a hectic month usually and wouldn't want to miss the Grand Depart.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Did an hour including dragging myself up the Col Du Platzerwasel last night... bit of an annoying climb that has a few flat sections but also some 20%, found it hard to get into a steady pace.
I think the variability of these climbs if what makes them interesting and is why they are included in Grand tour stages