Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Hey guys, going to do my first ride tonight.
What is the best zwift course for a bit of elevation?
First ride out, why not just do Hilly route multiple laps. It's a good hill repeat type of thing. If New York is a current world, you can't go past Grand Central for a nice hill repeat loop.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Hi Gents,
My sister is looking at getting a trainer to pedal away winter in the loungeroom. What is sort of the minimum level she should be looking at so that it will work as advertised and stay reliable? The Saris seems to get love on here and the odd jet black. Garmin's TacX bare rates a mention on the forum. I've never really looked into it.
I only know the saris. It is good.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a crack at Zwift last night using a stationary trainer with a cadence and speed sensor. Obviously not the optimal setup (and my watch heart rate monitor couldn't be detected).
Seems like it could be a bit of fun, but you definitely need a smart trainer to do it properly.
Also it seemed me to want to click a lot, which is difficult to do when you're sitting on a bike rather than in front of a mouse and keyboard

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers guys, will see if I can get to the jungle route.
Otherwise, how do you 'level up' do I have to do races?
Did a quick test this morning, and now have sprint apprentice and whoa Nelly haha.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Cheers guys, will see if I can get to the jungle route.
Otherwise, how do you 'level up' do I have to do races?
Did a quick test this morning, and now have sprint apprentice and whoa Nelly haha.
By the time you understand the game enough to try different routes you'll have reached the level you need anyway.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I had a crack at Zwift last night using a stationary trainer with a cadence and speed sensor. Obviously not the optimal setup (and my watch heart rate monitor couldn't be detected).
Seems like it could be a bit of fun, but you definitely need a smart trainer to do it properly.
Also it seemed me to want to click a lot, which is difficult to do when you're sitting on a bike rather than in front of a mouse and keyboard
I had previously tried on a "dumb" trainer with a power meter and found it pretty pointless as you'd just set a comfortable resistance and it would vary your in game speed based on the terrain.
A smart trainer definitely makes it more relevant with the forced resistance increases

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cruised up the Puy de Dome on death-march-day (after a round of 12hr nights), only got out of bed at 3pm, average 180w with HR at about 150max, watts effort graph was mostly blue so Z2. Though I did have an effort that hit 1161w on the way down on one of the steep ups.

It was a nice ride, I actually don't mind the computer generated road, at least you can see what's coming up.

EDIT: Was 1:18, just seen that was 28 minutes longer than @Ackland 50 minutes ;)