24Hr racing advice

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Here's the feeding sheet that I said I'd dig out..

I'll be using this at the local 24hr in Adelaide later in April

DISCLAIMER
This is what works for me and my specific physiology/riding and has been worked out over 5 years of 24 Solo racing.

I don't want old mate quoting a wiki page and telling me that my advice is wrong

:eek:
Ackland, can you please PM this feeding sheet? For some reason my devices only want to open it as a course in Garmin Connect

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Do not under ANY circumstances rely on opiates or NSAIDS for pain management. Some of the discussions here in the past regarding 24 hour events had people suggesting one or two ibuprofen an hour was ideal to push through the pain.

When exercising at a moderate to high level, your GI system is somewhat neglected for blood flow. Your body prioritises muscles.

An in stress GI will be utterly fucked up by the over the counter meds, my colorectal surgeon tells me is sees it all too common, endurance athletes with fucked up large intestines, full of diverticulitis. Lives ruined. Wanna know pain, it’s an infection with c reactive protein counts past 300mg/L.

You want life to go bad, develop diverticulitis all though your large intestine from NSAIDS abuse. This shit can ONLY be taken on a full stomach very occasionally. Hopefully I will delay it as long as possible, but I face the real possibility of needing my entire large intestine removed at some point, leaving me to shit in a bag.

CBD/THC oil, it is the answer for pain management.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Do not under ANY circumstances rely on opiates or NSAIDS for pain management. Some of the discussions here in the past regarding 24 hour events had people suggesting one or two ibuprofen an hour was ideal to push through the pain.

When exercising at a moderate to high level, your GI system is somewhat neglected for blood flow. Your body prioritises muscles.

An in stress GI will be utterly fucked up by the over the counter meds, my colorectal surgeon tells me is sees it all too common, endurance athletes with fucked up large intestines, full of diverticulitis. Lives ruined. Wanna know pain, it’s an infection with c reactive protein counts past 300mg/L.

You want life to go bad, develop diverticulitis all though your large intestine from NSAIDS abuse. This shit can ONLY be taken on a full stomach very occasionally. Hopefully I will delay it as long as possible, but I face the real possibility of needing my entire large intestine removed at some point, leaving me to shit in a bag.

CBD/THC oil, it is the answer for pain management.
Definitely no ibuprofen. But I haven't heard anything bad about using panadol.